Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:27 am
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by member7777 View Post
In a fantasy world, how much money could you make charging FT $1 per money order with unlimited access?
omg
I've wondered the same thing about trying to get a reseller account with Vanilla/InComm/whoever to sell VRs.

I'm sure some of the more hardcore guys have already looked into how to acquire a gas station/Valero so they can sell themselves 500k in VRs without any suspicion...

Kind of like the "mob hotel" in the Mel Gibson movie "Payback" lol
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:24 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by vinhboy
They allow you to do this without any dirty looks? Or calling the manager on you?
yep, business as usual. some of my regular girls have become accustomed to it, not just me, apparently a bunch of their other customers come in and do the same thing lol.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I met Kate for the first and second times this weekend, we are going to be good friends. 90 seconds to read the BlueBird, VGC, and print receipt. The bonus is the one I stumbled upon also appears to be MO enabled. ^
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingBear
My Kate works well for a while then she must get the flu or something for a day or so. Then she is back to her old self. When I first started talking to Kate a while back she was quite a grump but she must be on better meds now.
I think she knows better then to mess with travelbear, I'm sure Kate heard stories on who the real queen is
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:57 am

I think it's high time Katy Perry and I got acquainted.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: csp chase sw chase united barclay hilton citi aa
Originally Posted by Dangjr213
This just happened to me a few mins ago. Hopped online to see if there were new limits I didn't know about.
i had the same issue on sunday after my third 500 bb load. Manager told me i was at my limit, and i would need to go to money center or register. did 2500 on 3 bbs at one register..
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Had an interesting interaction with kate today.

First Kate I encountered worked perfectly on the first 1K load, after that I kept getting, "For your protection, you will need addtional help...... blah blah blah" A supervisor came over made kate happy, and I used a different BB card, and on the first swipe of a $500 GV, got the same screen, same supervisor came over and made kate happy again. Left said WM and went to another one, was able to load the rest of my BB's with all but the two GC I used when kate got mad.... I'm going to wait 24 hours before trying to load the other two GC.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...l#post22725997

Refer to post #5209

When I asked on that thread, it was dismissed as a store specific thing but I am guessing there is more to it.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:43 pm

Been reading about Kate everywhere. Can someone please tell a noob who or what Kate is??
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by mitrals
Been reading about Kate everywhere. Can someone please tell a noob who or what Kate is??
Welcome to FT. "Kate" is the automated money center kiosk you find in some (not all) Walmarts. It looks like a big ATM, but can perform several functions. No one has found a way to locate these other than to visit the store.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Welcome to FT. "Kate" is the automated money center kiosk you find in some (not all) Walmarts. It looks like a big ATM, but can perform several functions. No one has found a way to locate these other than to visit the store.
Thank you! I found a picture of Kate here:
http://travelwithgrant.com/wp-conten.../BB-WM-ATM.png

Does Kate issues money orders too?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by mitrals
It's called, Money Center Express. Looks like an ATM.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by ctbarron
Errm… lol, no.

Search for money center atm link. I'll post if I can find it.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hilton honors. Club Carlson UA AA
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Any of the wal marts on the list have a Kate
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Errm… lol, no.

Search for money center atm link. I'll post if I can find it.
Duh on my part - forgot about that!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:39 am

Just found my first working kate( so I thought)! Everything is going smoothly, up until the machine asks for my debit card pin. The machine won't accept my pin. I try another debit card and same thing. I have to use the money center to load my bb. I have been to 3 different Wally worlds and can't find a working Kate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.