Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:17 pm

I've been shocked that at least one Kiosk near me has been working all week.

I was draining out MCGC from the OM deal this week and I realized that each transaction takes two minutes. I actually videotaped it with my phone discreetly so that I could send it to my daughter so she can do it away at college (I know, circles and arrows but she's young… and i'm not putting it on the net…). When I played it back I was shocked it had been a full two minutes for each transaction.

But now that you mention it, it reminds me of an old xp or win me machine that needs an extra stick of memory…...

Originally Posted by lapointsguy
Had a pleasant conversation with a manager last night while he rebooted Kate. He said that WM headquarters had told them not to reboot when there was a crash because when they reboot it wipes out the error logs and they can't determine why it crashed. If true, that's gotta be the worst programming decision ever. But apparently at this particular WM they had made the executive decision to ignore that order from on high and try to keep customers happy by rebooting and actually having a working machine. What a concept, huh?

As far as this Kate goes, she had crashed all the way to the base Windows XP desktop and the manager first tried to get it back running without a reboot because it literally takes 15 minutes to reboot. I thought he was exaggerating until I stood there and watched it. As it started, I could see that with the number of programs Kate seems to have running at the same time (on a system with a Win XP Pro OS no less), it's no wonder the thing is so stupid slow when it actually is working, nor any surprise that it crashes so often. Anyway, even after rebooting I couldn't do a reload via the BB button, but the MC button worked fine.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:36 pm

I actually found a semi-working Kate today in Sacramento, CA.

Unfortunately it got past the "Finish and Pay" step, but it would not accept my card swipe. I hear it beep when I swipe, then nothing.

Is there a trick to this?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
walked into an east bay wally and found a working kate. first time ever in like 20 visits. crazy
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
My Kate was actually in working order today. And she was actually reasonably speedy. Gobbled up 2xPayPower Visas bought for no fee at local grocery store. Completed my monthly loads on my wife's BB (mine was already done).

I just wish she was quieter. I wonder if a request into that WM support form about the volume would do anything. Having it announce to the whole world what I'm doing feels like it could be a breach of my personal information and presents a security risk (personal security risk as in people know I'm wandering around with a few thousand in cash equivalents....)
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by exmike
walked into an east bay wally and found a working kate. first time ever in like 20 visits. crazy
A working Kate and friendly MC staff is hard to find in the SF Bay Area. It was so much easier outside of California earlier this month for me. Didn't have to worry about broken Kates or being chased out of the store by the manager.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, former AA Gold
To add to the general knowledge:
Broken Kate (sign taped over) in Irondequoit on Thursday; working Kate (but a broken employee) in Macedon today. Loaded 5 x 200 MC GCs and said good day.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:21 pm

What a day! I budgeted 2 hours today to look for a working kate and unload 6k worth from OM. Not only did the first store I check work, but the MC was closed for money gram updating! I was left alone (with permission) to take my time, they even supplied me a chair after one person saw me there over 20 minutes. Best experience with Kate ever! LOL
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:22 am

No luck

I've never found a kiosk that has worked yet for me. Been down every single time. Other times it's the MO option that has been disabled.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:16 am

Anyone ever find one in NJ that dispenses MOs?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:39 pm

Does anyone know if Kate still goes crazy if too many $500 GCs are used back to back?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

OH MY GOSH! I just have to say that I had the BEST experience in a while at WM! (and that's saying a LOT!)

Kate accepted FOUR (count 'em) GC's in a row to load onto my two BB's! FOUR!

Slowly, but surely, I'm gaining trust back in her...

(For the record, it's been a while since my nearest Kate has taken more than one GC before shutting down or freezing.)

So to answer your question...

Does anyone know if Kate still goes crazy if too many $500 GCs are used back to back?
It depends.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
Apparently going to the contact us page on walmart.com works. I got a call from the store manager telling me that my email was forwarded from "home office" and they fixed the kiosk. Probably only for two weeks but that is better than nothing.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
My Kate was actually in working order today. And she was actually reasonably speedy. Gobbled up 2xPayPower Visas bought for no fee at local grocery store. Completed my monthly loads on my wife's BB (mine was already done).

I just wish she was quieter. I wonder if a request into that WM support form about the volume would do anything. Having it announce to the whole world what I'm doing feels like it could be a breach of my personal information and presents a security risk (personal security risk as in people know I'm wandering around with a few thousand in cash equivalents....)
Can you tell me more about this no fee paypower visa?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by exmike
Can you tell me more about this no fee paypower visa?
Last few pages of this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...eway-vons.html
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
excellent. thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.