Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: United MP, American AAdvantage, Chase UR, AMEX MR
The kiosk at my local WM (mountain view) has been moved 90 degree which is in line with the other kiosk (coin changer, key maker, etc). However, it is a direct view from the manager or security office now. Maybe it was just a coincident or the someone got their attention. BTW, kate is still out of service.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:58 pm

Hi, Just wondering how many money oder each machine has. Try to print out money oder and it freezed in the middle. Have to hold for almost a month to get refund.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vfdfs2
The kiosk at my local WM (mountain view) has been moved 90 degree which is in line with the other kiosk (coin changer, key maker, etc). However, it is a direct view from the manager or security office now. Maybe it was just a coincident or the someone got their attention. BTW, kate is still out of service.
Maybe your WM is implementing Feng Shui?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by LoneTree
Maybe your WM is implementing Feng Shui?
If that cuts down on the number of times she breaks down, sure, why not!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:37 pm

I stopped in a Walmart that I don't normally go to and it had a kiosk. I managed to load 2 BB (while letting someone waiting do a transaction in between. On the 4th card ($500) , I needed an override as it said something about reaching the daily limit. the employee who came over said if I needed to do any more, I would need to go to customer service. He did let me finish that transaction. First time at a kiosk.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by steppie
QUESTION? If you buy a M/O from Walmart.......would it be consider cash advance?
Thanks.
Can't use CC for MO so it's a moot question. MO is debit only.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by trippinbilly
I stopped in a Walmart that I don't normally go to and it had a kiosk. I managed to load 2 BB (while letting someone waiting do a transaction in between. On the 4th card ($500) , I needed an override as it said something about reaching the daily limit. the employee who came over said if I needed to do any more, I would need to go to customer service. He did let me finish that transaction. First time at a kiosk.
If he had logged in and allowed you to finish the transaction then you are fine for a while to keep going
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:33 pm
wcj

deleted

Last edited by wcj; Jun 29, 2014 at 3:36 pm Reason: dead
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wcj
Ugghh, this is well known in the actual BB thread. How to get around it, without employee intervention and setting off the red light is also explained.
Depends on how many BB's you have, for me, I have 7, so I just load 1-7 with$500, then go back to 1-7 and load another $500 it all has to do with time. Loading 7 then going back doing that 7 all over again take some time.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:03 am
wcj

deleted

Last edited by wcj; Jun 29, 2014 at 3:36 pm Reason: dead
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by wcj
At the kiosk? AFAIK, the kiosk limit is $1999.99 at a time, i.e. velocity controlled by time, not by the name on the card. Doesn't matter how many BB cards I have, it's the time needed between amounts. I don't remember the exact amount of time needed, it's like 5-8 minutes or something. Id like to be wrong on this, but it looks to me, like it was just confirmed. You can trade the cards out, but the kiosk still rejects.

Typically, the employees don't reset the kiosk, so it's down the remainder of the day or week. For those of us with three kiosks on our normal commute that are continually down, some of which are probably caused by FTers who are unfamiliar with the limits, I was groaning and suggesting the poster review the thread so that he had the exact amount of time as I realize not all have more than one kiosk so he may need to do more than one round of loads.
I had this problem too, which I asked about in the other thread.
The reality is there are a lot of us switching over to the kiosk that used to do vanilla reloads. If this is true, it really should be added to wiki...many of us are going to learn the lesson the hard way.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:29 am
wcj

deleted

Last edited by wcj; Jun 29, 2014 at 3:37 pm Reason: dead
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by wcj
Trust me, I am well aware of that, lol. What I don't understand is the unwillingness to go to cashiers, Money centers, etc. as well as the kiosk. If they have a cash register, they can typically load, which allows one to move more volume per store without having an employee reset the machine.
The WM I am closest to has a perpetually broken kiosk, so I either have to visit another store (yay) or go to the cashier. When I have $500 gc, it's not so bad. But once in a while I'll have a stack of $100 or $200 gc, and those are a pain. I'm not to the point where I dare do the 1st card, and then say "while I'm add it, let me put another $100 on there". And there's always a long line. If I have time, I'll go to another cashier 2+ lanes down and do another gc but because lines are long, this takes a long time.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by wcj
Ugghh, this is well known in the actual BB thread. How to get around it, without employee intervention and setting off the red light is also explained.
Well it was an unexpected surprise that there was a kiosk. I haven't read about them because there are none close to me. But hey, the machine was there, so I gave it a shot. So, now that I know where there is one, I will definitely look into it if I am going to be out that way again.
No big deal, I was happy to clear 2 cards so quickly.

Thx for pointing me to the info. The store is a little out of the way, but if I know I can clear out all my cards by spacing them out, I would probably go once in awhile.

Last edited by trippinbilly; Apr 6, 2014 at 1:21 pm
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by wcj
Trust me, I am well aware of that, lol. What I don't understand is the unwillingness to go to cashiers, Money centers, etc. as well as the kiosk. If they have a cash register, they can typically load, which allows one to move more volume per store without having an employee reset the machine.

I don't know the exact timing, which is why I suggested trippinbilly search for it or I would have just told him. The actual BB thread contains a running discussion of the timing every 4-5 pages I suspect. The first discussion ran for several pages. It's different when loading $500 cards and when loading other denominations because of how quickly one can get to the limit, I.e. the bigger cards hit the limit faster than lets say $200 ones.

I don't add things to wikis, sorry. Not only do I not like them, but I find that some wiki info. is misleading when input by newbies.
Actual BB thread? Which one might that be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.