Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by youngmoneyhack
Anyone know of the status of kiosks in the Bay Area?
The one in San Jose SE of downtown was dead the last two times I was there this week (2nd and 4th). Once with a sign, once with the NCR functions screen.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US
anyone can share a working kiosk location in phoenix area? I am seeing temporarily out of service everywhere!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by cashback
Well that is strange then. Perhaps your WM blocked BB loads from the kiosk. Im pretty sure they have this option, as my WM does not allow MO purchases via kiosk.
I decided to make a run to walmart again this morning to try my luck, and it worked!!

Then, I went back to walmart again after the daily reset time... the kiosk was still turned on but the touchscreen was non responsive. I could not believe it... I thought I would surely be able to reload again but the kiosk is once again broken.. within several hours!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:52 pm

Have any one seen the message saying not allowed to load due to security reason? Got that msg a few days ago while I tried to load my BB using the kiosk. The kiosk then locked and asked for store login.
The location was in south san jose.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by darenhuang
Have any one seen the message saying not allowed to load due to security reason? Got that msg a few days ago while I tried to load my BB using the kiosk. The kiosk then locked and asked for store login.
The location was in south san jose.
Someone used it before you and the combined exceeded $2000. You have to wait for the system to "cooldown."

Last edited by xiKiNGix; Dec 8, 2013 at 11:03 pm Reason: xxx
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
Someone used it before you and the combined exceeded $2000. You have to wait for the system to "cooldown."
I doubt anyone used it before me, and I have similar experience before after loading $1500. It won't allow me to load anymore, but the msg was not due to security reason. Was something like you need to see CSR to complete transaction.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by darenhuang
I doubt anyone used it before me, and I have similar experience before after loading $1500. It won't allow me to load anymore, but the msg was not due to security reason. Was something like you need to see CSR to complete transaction.
Yep. Thats the standard lock up when you do 2k or more in a short period of time.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:21 pm

Kioask at my walmart is always "out of order" sticker on it
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: AA CX AC
Originally Posted by cashback
Yep. Thats the standard lock up when you do 2k or more in a short period of time.
I have found this to be true when using 500 gc's. I have found no problem when I load 200 gc's. I have loaded 12 $200 gc's with no problem other than it takes FOREVER........
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Diamond
Yesterday I was in my local Walmart in Colorado Springs. There was actually a tech working on the kiosk. Will be checking today to see if everything will be up and running. I would bet it will still not be working but a guy can hope right.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:56 am

Mine seems to work, but never for money orders.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by jasonvr
The one in San Jose SE of downtown was dead the last two times I was there this week (2nd and 4th). Once with a sign, once with the NCR functions screen.
Originally Posted by oohaahouch
anyone can share a working kiosk location in phoenix area? I am seeing temporarily out of service everywhere!
Originally Posted by bobloblaw
I decided to make a run to walmart again this morning to try my luck, and it worked!!

Then, I went back to walmart again after the daily reset time... the kiosk was still turned on but the touchscreen was non responsive. I could not believe it... I thought I would surely be able to reload again but the kiosk is once again broken.. within several hours!
Originally Posted by rdover1
Here's a new idea for this. Every time you come across a downed Kate, use this link and file a complaint.
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback

Use the 'store experience' option.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:56 pm

I often call to ask if the kiosk is working before I drive there. I wonder how many calls like that they get in a day, especially at the beginning of the month. Unfortunately, it's the only walmart express in the nearby area.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Recently, I have been experiencing a lot of issues with Kate
I will swipe the card and Kate will let me enter how much money to load. After that, Kate will say unauthorized transaction.

Has anybody been experiencing this issue as well? Or is it probably because of the $1999/10 cooldown?

I know I can load with my card because I just end up going to the cashier without any issues.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Recently, I have been experiencing a lot of issues with Bluebird Kiosks.
I will swipe the card and the kiosk will let me enter how much money to load. After that, the Kiosk will say unauthorized transaction.

Has anybody been experiencing this issue as well? Or is it probably because of the $1999/10 cooldown?
If it is the 1999 cooldown issue it would require store login. If it isn't asking for that, it is probably a card read error. I have had this happen a few times, but I reattempt and slide the card slower. The card reader could be dirty as well, which would cause the card read error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.