Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:10 am

What shops have people found that will let you buy with PayPal online then get refunded onto a debit card in store when returning goods?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
Originally Posted by FromTheRail
What shops have people found that will let you buy with PayPal online then get refunded onto a debit card in store when returning goods?
Is there a reason you need to use Paypal rather than your cc or Amex directly?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mrtibbs1999
Just trying to use my BAPP Amex to gain some points/turnover quickly to help me get a 2for1 voucher asap before the flights go

Last edited by FromTheRail; Mar 24, 2013 at 11:59 am
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That doesn't answer the question.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by FromTheRail
Originally Posted by mrtibbs1999
I'm guessing it's to earn points without actually spending money at stores that don't take Amex.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
I've got a Range store a couple of miles from home. I usually use my Amex cards to build up membership rewards which I convert in Virgin Atlantic miles.

Given the Range doesn't accept Amex, I'd conceivably use a credit card to build up spend/rewards to convert to Virgin Atlantic miles - so any cards stand out as especially good for conversion to VA miles?

Adey
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mradey
...any cards stand out as especially good for conversion to VA miles?
Assuming you are in the UK, the Virgin Atlantic credit cards issued by MBNA are issued in a set. One is an Amex-network card which earns 2 miles per pound, the companion is a VISA which earns 1 mile per pound. Read here:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...lack-card.html

Note also that VA is the IATA code for Virgin Australia. Virgin Atlantic's code is "VS".
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:29 am

Also note you get a 6,000 miles bonus on your first spend, but don't forget the annual fee too.

I'm just waiting for mine to arrive in the post then off the The Range I go...... Providing my actual Range card actually arrives at some point lol
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:57 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
any suggestions for manufatured spending in Italy, France or rest of c2 ?
thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:39 pm

My RPPMC finally arrived today, more than 2 weeks after ordering it.
Will pop over to The Range one day this week and buy a few top up vouchers, then transfer into my bank account before CC bill is due.

Will report my findings - watch this space
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by Steve Oh
My RPPMC finally arrived today, more than 2 weeks after ordering it.
Will pop over to The Range one day this week and buy a few top up vouchers, then transfer into my bank account before CC bill is due.

Will report my findings - watch this space
How did you get on?
I am still looking for the holy grail (UK manufactured spending for my AMEX cards) with little luck, but a lot of searching. anyone with any updates?
dj
Old Apr 14, 2013, 5:18 am

Sorry for lack of updates - I have been away for a week, avoiding all the rain, snow and wind ^

Card has now been upgraded, however I cannot see how to transfer money to a bank account though, so I might have to give them a call tomorrow to find out how to do that.
I'm also having a slight problem in sending text messages to the number they state and getting any kind of response, ie PIN confirmation
Once they have confirmed how to do those, and everything is wrking ok, I will be popping to a store to top up my card.

I should be able to do this on Monday next week, so check back again in 8 days.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:00 am

Wiggle online bike store

Whilst I appreciate this is not strictly manufactured spending, in that the refund you would get, would presumably go back onto the card you paid with, it may be useful to some. Particularly those with a 'minimum spend' to make, for a cc bonus.

I was perusing bikes the other day, and came across wiggle. They have an interesting 30 day 'test ride' policy. Basically you can buy a bike, send it back within 30 days, in a reasonable condition, for a full refund. They will even pick it up for free.

If you wished to make a £2000 minimum spend, this could be useful:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/felt-compulsion-50-2013/

If you were looking to make a £5k minimum spend on, lets say a certain aadvantage cc offer:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/felt-compulsion-lt1-2013/

Be careful that the bike needs to be no more than 15% discounted in the first place. Don't forget to keep the box. Also, don't forget topcashback at 3.03%.

Obviously YMMV. Do not blame me if things go wrong!

Terms here. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/30testride

Dan.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by dannyrado
Obviously YMMV. Do not blame me if things go wrong!
It's a nice idea, though I'd be worried that there is a cost to the company (delivery/collection/having to sell the bike as a return etc). If you really want to do the buy-return thing then a high street store which sells shiny rocks for inflated prices may be a better choice.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:45 am

Little update:

Still not able to send message from my phone to their number to get a response.
Also no option for me to transfer money from card to my bank account.

I have spoken to them as I received no reply from my email. They are forwarding the issue on to their technical team and will get back to me.

Sadly though, seeing as at the moment there is no way of loading the card (voucher code via SMS) or transferring into bank account, I will not be able to go to a Range store today to load the card, and I am working for the rest of the week.

So, as before, check back in about a week ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.