Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:26 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Tesco is not listed on the 3v website as a place to get the cards. Could be they are stopping distribution.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by tangey
Tesco is not listed on the 3v website as a place to get the cards. Could be they are stopping distribution.
Seems that way - http://www.headforpoints.com/2013/05...wing-3v-cards/
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:42 am

Well I just did 5 transactions each for 2 cards. use a couple of different tills. Got the £5 of £40 on each of them.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 11:33 am

Tesco were never listed on the 3V website. The list is basically incomplete and incorrect.

But, as linked it seems Tesco is clearing out whatever stock with no plans to restock. Get them while you still can.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
RPPMC update

Originally Posted by Steve Oh
How did you load the RPPMC? did you do it by SMS or another way?
It definitely should not count as cash advance - should just show as you spent £200 in a retail outlet.

Look forward to hearing the result.
I loaded the cards onto my MC card via the website and the scratch code . Instantly shows up on balance.
Simple to buy although the staff at three different stores were not very familiar with them and they are clearly not popular.
All went through as merchant expenditure and will report back on sending to bank account soon.
Dj
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by djsteve
I loaded the cards onto my MC card via the website and the scratch code . Instantly shows up on balance.
Simple to buy although the staff at three different stores were not very familiar with them and they are clearly not popular.
All went through as merchant expenditure and will report back on sending to bank account soon.
Dj
Don't suppose you managed to see how many off the RPPMC vouchers they had in stock did you?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by djsteve
Dj
Excellent news - looks like this may turn out well afterall.
Just a shame they only take Visa, lol

Still, 5,000+ points a month for £30ish isn't bad!!
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by Richyo
Don't suppose you managed to see how many off the RPPMC vouchers they had in stock did you?
Each store had a stock of 20,50 and 100's. Couldn't tell how many, but in one store that had a petty cash box with a few in, but not that many maybe £1k total? Presumably as they are not very popular there are not vast sums of them floating around....
I went for £500 as thought £1000 would raise eyebrows. Said it was a good way to give children some spending power under my control - slightly elaborate story as my kids are still in primary school!
For this sort of money, they fully expect that it will be a card transaction anyway so no problem paying via visa.
I would presume that they are restocked if there is demand?
They are usually kept via customer services or in the back office.
I buy mine straight from the customer service counter.

cheers
dj
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:41 pm

djsteve
Any news on the bank transfer yet?

I think if/when I go to a store to do mine I'll ring a week in advance and tell them that I want to buy xx amount in vouchers, to make sure they have them.

I've used a similar story to yours with the 3V cards: Either I give them to family/friends for gifts etc.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 9:42 am

Two questions:

has anybody had any tried to pay their student loan account with a 3v card yet?

I am soon going to need a soilicitor for some conveyancing work. Has anyone got any experience of solicitors forms taking credit cards without a fee? I am sure that none will take Amex but the BMI visa could prove to be useful.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Two questions:

has anybody had any tried to pay their student loan account with a 3v card yet?

I am soon going to need a soilicitor for some conveyancing work. Has anyone got any experience of solicitors forms taking credit cards without a fee? I am sure that none will take Amex but the BMI visa could prove to be useful.
When I sold my house last year, I used one of these "solicitor comparison sites", and one of my criteria for being able to offer a quote was that they accepted Amex or Paypal for payment of their fees (not just deducting it from the house sale money).
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:12 am

Cool. Will have to check these sites out.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:45 am

Little update for you.

Managed to get £2,000 of vouchers on Sunday, in £50s and £100s.
You can only 'load' 3 vouchers per day though, so £300 a day max with the 100s.

It's going to take me a while to load all these on so I can transfer to bank, but at least the loading is easy enough, albeit a bit slow due to their site.

DJSteve may well have managed to load and transfer his funds before me, so keep an eye out for his update too.

Last edited by Steve Oh; Jun 18, 2013 at 5:43 am
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:46 pm

Well I just did 5 transactions each for 2 cards. use a couple of different tills. Got the £5 of £40 on each of them.
Just following this up to say at the weekend I managed to use 4 of the £5 HH, to bye 4 more sets of 3v cards (5th HH had to go on groceries).

So that was £450 of gift cards for £430 of outlay. If I just combine these and transfer to bank, it'll have cost me £13.25 for 1350 tesco points (3180 Avios), plus points on my cc card plus £430 of spend to hit my bonus target on my credit card. A nice piece of manufactured spending on an Amex, a rare thing.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:02 pm

Just following this up to say at the weekend I managed to use 4 of the £5 HH, to bye 4 more sets of 3v cards (5th HH had to go on groceries).

So that was £450 of gift cards for £430 of outlay. If I just combine these and transfer to bank, it'll have cost me £13.25 for 1350 tesco points (3180 Avios), plus points on my cc card plus £430 of spend to hit my bonus target on my credit card. A nice piece of manufactured spending on an Amex, a rare thing.
Why don't you use them to pay bills online, therefore earning you 3180 Avios for nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.