Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:59 am

I purchase a vanilla reload card last Monday, the receipt showed 'PREPAID CARD ACTIVATION WILL OCCUR WITHIN 24 HOURS', however, after one days, loading the card still gave me an error 'An error system error was encountered, Please try again or try your reload via phone at 1-877-429-8140. (29)', I called Incomm immediately and after spending a week to investigated this, they told me the card was deactivated by CVS store the moment I purchased the card. I went back to CVS store this morning, they insisted they have activated the card and could do nothing about this.

Anyone had the same issue before? It seemed like my $500 money is lost somewhere, and both Incomm and CVS not willing to give it back to me
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by catalpa
I purchase a vanilla reload card last Monday, the receipt showed 'PREPAID CARD ACTIVATION WILL OCCUR WITHIN 24 HOURS', however, after one days, loading the card still gave me an error 'An error system error was encountered, Please try again or try your reload via phone at 1-877-429-8140. (29)', I called Incomm immediately and after spending a week to investigated this, they told me the card was deactivated by CVS store the moment I purchased the card. I went back to CVS store this morning, they insisted they have activated the card and could do nothing about this.

Anyone had the same issue before? It seemed like my $500 money is lost somewhere, and both Incomm and CVS not willing to give it back to me
Thoughts: You can ask the store to investigate (they'll send the details to the back office to confirm activation and deactivation) and if so they should refund you. If that fails then you can start a credit card dispute.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Angry

I had the exact same thing happen. Eventually had to file a dispute with the credit card as Incomm and the vendor would do nothing about it. I was so relieved 6 months later when I received that letter stating I was no longer liable for it. In the meantime the vendor said that I had received the goods and I had to prove that I did not receive the value.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards

Try calling CVS corporate. They have a customer care number on their website and they took care of a similar issue for me within 5 days. I wouldn't expect the local story to do anything, except get in touch with the same people that you can by calling the CVS corporate care number.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by steventravel
I had the exact same thing happen. Eventually had to file a dispute with the credit card as Incomm and the vendor would do nothing about it. I was so relieved 6 months later when I received that letter stating I was no longer liable for it. In the meantime the vendor said that I had received the goods and I had to prove that I did not receive the value.
Did you have other VR or MS on your card? Did the cc company mention anything being amiss?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat...basically all the status you can get for free...
I had a unique experience with reloads. Rather than rehash it here, I'll just refer to my posts in the forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...solidated.html

I hope this is helpful to anyone encountering similar troubles.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Problems with redesigned site?

Is anyone else having problems loading on the redesigned site today? I put in all the info and it recognizes the correct amount loaded onto the card, but when I click submit I get "Sorry! A system error occurred. Please try again." I have double checked my Bluebird number and it still won't work. Anyone else?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
Originally Posted by VandyBDL
Is anyone else having problems loading on the redesigned site today? I put in all the info and it recognizes the correct amount loaded onto the card, but when I click submit I get "Sorry! A system error occurred. Please try again." I have double checked my Bluebird number and it still won't work. Anyone else?
Getting the same error. Also when I went to CVS this morning, the system just seemed to hang, and the clerk said the vanilla system was down, so hopefully it is just a hiccup
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, AAdvantage, MileagePlus
NMNMN

Last edited by Diffus; Dec 29, 2013 at 8:50 pm
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:08 am

New format. Had to load with CSR 1 877-429-8141
Old Oct 9, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, AAdvantage, MileagePlus
NMNMN

Last edited by Diffus; Dec 29, 2013 at 8:50 pm
Old Oct 9, 2013, 12:39 pm

I was having same issue. Called CSR and they loaded it over the phone. I only had to wait on hold for 30 seconds. They are aware that the website does not work.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
I called in and the CSR rep still could not load the VR to the bird, he said it was system wide problem.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:02 pm

call again... he was just being lazy. I just did it 15 minutes ago.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:24 pm

Tried to load my VR to MVD today through the new website. Got the system error message. Tried by phone, and it still didn't go through. Anyone else have problems with loading to MVD online or by phone?

Hope this gets sorted out soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.