Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:16 am

i got the pin has been redeemed error for 2 cards today. just phone loaded instead
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by steveon1
Their new site is killing me. Yesterday I was getting the system errors. Earlier this morning I managed to redeem one of two VRs I tried - I never got an actual success message, but the money showed up on BB.

I'm back to 'a system error occurred' messages again now, if I can't get the rest of my stack redeemed soon I'll actually have to pay my mortgage from my checking account (horrors!)
do you spread your beans over several cards or use same card to buy VR?
i'll be using VR to load into BB and paying mortgage soon and i wanted to see how people are doing or spreading across cards or one card ...don't want amex to question why i was buying 1k+ from CVS a month heheh
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Update: After trying the click several times through the same error message last night, I finally gave up. Got up today, tried the same VR on the same computer/browser and it loaded like it was supposed to. Glad I don't have to call them again. Hope they get this problem fixed sooner rather than later.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
do you spread your beans over several cards or use same card to buy VR?
i'll be using VR to load into BB and paying mortgage soon and i wanted to see how people are doing or spreading across cards or one card ...don't want amex to question why i was buying 1k+ from CVS a month heheh
1K is pretty small potatos unless your credit limit is reeeeeally low. I wouldnt be concerned about that at all. I do 5K/month on certain cards and Im not concerned about doing it. Its all what you are personally comfortable with. BTW, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to spend 1K at a DRUG store.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Site almost gave me a heart attack when it said my VR card was already redeemed. Turns out it was a website glitch...go figure.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyfan75220
Seems they had website problems today. Earlier today, I tried to load two VRs and both of them gave me an error. I just tried again and they both say they are already redeemed. Weird thing is that I login to BB and one of them actually went through earlier today, but I don't know which one. Just got off the phone with InComm and rep said all he could see is that both were redeemed and suggested I take it up with Amex. Any advice from the forum? Thanks.
Don't waste time with Amex, they won't do anything. Open a ticket with VR - ask for supervisor if needed.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:40 pm

Tried to load two cards on the website. Error messages on both. Tried it over the phone. Loaded without problems.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
1K is pretty small potatos unless your credit limit is reeeeeally low. I wouldnt be concerned about that at all. I do 5K/month on certain cards and Im not concerned about doing it. Its all what you are personally comfortable with. BTW, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to spend 1K at a DRUG store.
Perhaps once a month you have expensive prescriptions. Pretty hard to spend that on vitamins and diapers. If they really want to know what you bought they can get the info from the merchant. In my Financial Review with Amex they knew already I was buying GC's or reloads. That was before I got shut down by Chase too
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
occasionally getting both the pin has been redeemed and the system error, but either a few page reloads fix it or doing a phone reload. So far everything has gone through.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:53 pm

Gee their system is completely messed up. Without "fails safe" commit, they will be losing big bucks...
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ddallas
Tried to load two cards on the website. Error messages on both. Tried it over the phone. Loaded without problems.
I also got the error message. I went ahead and clicked the load button again (I think that was the button at least - not the cancel button) and it successfully loaded. Repeated for a second bean with exact same result: enter PIN, select reload card, enter card number, receive error message, click reload button and success.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:45 am

I loaded a little after midnight with no problems, so all must be well again.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
Perhaps once a month you have expensive prescriptions. Pretty hard to spend that on vitamins and diapers. If they really want to know what you bought they can get the info from the merchant. In my Financial Review with Amex they knew already I was buying GC's or reloads. That was before I got shut down by Chase too
how much were you purchasing in beans? i have about 1500 monthly that i wana buy reloads and pay bills with BB. it just concerns me that amex or chase sees 1000 or 500 monthly and question that ..i know 1500 is nothing compares to others so wanted to see what are my chances of being OK with this monthly .
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
I loaded a little after midnight with no problems, so all must be well again.
Confirmed - everything back to normal.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Use the feedback tab. let them know it is super flaky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.