Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I was able to load the last of my beans without a problem, now I need to go and buy more for next month...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by iminsandiego
Unsuccessful on the phone as well. Guess I'll try in the morning.

Edit: Checked my prepaid card and it shows the same $500 load 3 times with one void. I wonder how long it will take for them to figure out that mistake.
10/24/2013 INCOMM VRP WEB - Void Value Load -495.00
10/23/2013 INCOMM VANILLA PACK RELOA 250 WILLIAMS ATLANTA GA - Value Load 495.00
10/23/2013 INCOMM VANILLA PACK RELOA 250 WILLIAMS ATLANTA GA - Value Load 495.00

I tried loading 3 different VR to 3 different prepaid cards last night. All had multiple transactions. This morning 2 of the cards had all loads voided and I was able to reload the two VR successfully. The 3rd card still shows 2 transactions without voids. I tried to load the last VR but it says I reached the balance limit, which I think is because of the $1000 daily load limit assuming late last night counts as today. I loaded the last VR to a 4th prepaid card without issue and now have two bogus +$500 transactions left on the 3rd prepaid. I imagine they will figure out the mistake like they did on the other 2 cards, but it's interesting it's taking them so long.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

I tried loading 3 different VR to 3 different prepaid cards last night. All had multiple transactions. This morning 2 of the cards had all loads voided and I was able to reload the two VR successfully. The 3rd card still shows 2 transactions without voids. I tried to load the last VR but it says I reached the balance limit, which I think is because of the $1000 daily load limit assuming late last night counts as today. I loaded the last VR to a 4th prepaid card without issue and now have two bogus +$500 transactions left on the 3rd prepaid. I imagine they will figure out the mistake like they did on the other 2 cards, but it's interesting it's taking them so long.
what browser are you using? have yo cleaned your cookies? I'm using Chrome and haven't had problems like how you guys are mentioning...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
what browser are you using? have yo cleaned your cookies? I'm using Chrome and haven't had problems like how you guys are mentioning...
I used both Chrome incognito and IE so it was not a browser problem. The site was just having issues last night for a few hours as the new site seems to have often. I loaded without issue to other cards today.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
That would bug me because I know I couldn't spend that money on the card in case they reverse the transaction. You should probably call them. You don't want to end up with a negative balance on bluebird.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS
That would bug me because I know I couldn't spend that money on the card in case they reverse the transaction. You should probably call them. You don't want to end up with a negative balance on bluebird.
It's an AMEX prepaid and I already did my free ATM withdrawal for the month so I don't have any urgent need to use the card. I'll give it a few days to see if they fix it.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
So I got a failed to load error on the VR website (180) saying I'm over the limit for a $500 load.

I'm at $4500 VR/GC loads for the month and $200 online debit card load.

I was under the impression the online debit card load is not counted against the $5k limit.

Anyone experience something similar?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by frudd38
So I got a failed to load error on the VR website (180) saying I'm over the limit for a $500 load.

I was under the impression the online debit card load is not counted against the $5k limit.

5K is 5K total....
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38

The online debit load IS counted towards the $5k limit.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Thanks, I figured. Forgot which blog was stating it was in addition to the $5k.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:08 am

No its not. In store debit is.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by dcpilgrim
No its not. In store debit is.
Personal experience, or just what you've read?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Personal experience, or just what you've read?
Both. Read the T&C's and its clear the 5K cap is for VR + In store debit. The online 1K cap is a separate cap.

Also, this month I have so far loaded $4,998 via VR + CGC's. In addition to that I have loaded $700 so far via ST debit on-line (after having to call in to asset protection to prove the card was mine after consecutive day loads). I even loaded 1K VR on the same day as $100 online debit.

Last edited by dcpilgrim; Oct 28, 2013 at 10:16 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:09 am

Anyone else getting a "Sorry! A system error occurred. Please try again. (2510)" when they try to enter their pin?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by dcpilgrim
Both. Read the T&C's and its clear the 5K cap is for VR + In store debit. The online 1K cap is a separate cap.

Also, this month I have so far loaded $4,998 via VR + CGC's. In addition to that I have loaded $700 so far via ST debit on-line (after having to call in to asset protection to prove the card was mine after consecutive day loads). I even loaded 1K VR on the same day as $100 online debit.
I stand corrected. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to have a miles earning debit then. A mild pain to do such small loads though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.