Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:09 pm

Called today, was told they are still fixing this, need to call them back tomorrow...
Originally Posted by akp
The Incomm rep told me today that they believe they've fixed all of the cards with issues. The CVS issue was nationwide, and I believe was limited to Saturday Dec 8 only.

Last edited by imacman; Dec 10, 2012 at 4:15 pm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:11 pm

Is there a reason why everyone posts their VR success? Isnt it a given already.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MileageUpdate
Is there a reason why everyone posts their VR success? Isnt it a given already.
It is also given that there were issues with VR's this past weekend and people continue to post that thiers didn't work...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:35 pm

I bough VR at CVS on Saturday around 2 pm CT and my card still does not work. I had to talk to a supervisor and he asked the rep I was talking to to open a ticket for me. Now I have to fax the front and back of the card as well as the receipt. The supervisor said that the problem would never be fixed, that was why he agreed to open a ticket.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
CVS has self-checkout registers, depending on the location.
All of the CVS stores in DC have self-checkout kiosks. Some stores deactivate them late at night, though, and you have to use a human cashier.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by anneok
I bough VR at CVS on Saturday around 2 pm CT and my card still does not work. I had to talk to a supervisor and he asked the rep I was talking to to open a ticket for me. Now I have to fax the front and back of the card as well as the receipt. The supervisor said that the problem would never be fixed, that was why he agreed to open a ticket.
You are a little late to the Saturday CVS-VR software glitch party. There is already a whole thread on Bluebird and VR cards, and plenty of posts explaining the problem, like this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19822796-post3876.html

and this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19825802-post3894.html

Forget about CVS. First try to reload again. If that fails, call the Vanilla Reload Network at 1-877-429-8140. They can fix the problem a whole lot faster than CVS can.

Last edited by DCBob; Dec 10, 2012 at 8:19 pm
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:51 pm
Suspended

its working... all loaded.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:47 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Mine, too!

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure
its working... all loaded.
Thanks for the post. I hadn't tried since last night, and mine worked as well. And for the first time, I got an email confirmation of the successful load.

Anita
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:38 pm

Me too

Originally Posted by akp
Thanks for the post. I hadn't tried since last night, and mine worked as well. And for the first time, I got an email confirmation of the successful load.

Anita
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Can I just use my VR starter card only

Can I just use my VR starter card once and throw it away or can I just load one and give it to someone to use without registering all the crap online?

Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
I would recommend that you check out the Frequent Miler blog post "The Many Flavors of Vanilla". VR are not a card that you can swipe at a store.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by smitty06
I would recommend that you check out the Frequent Miler blog post "The Many Flavors of Vanilla". VR are not a card that you can swipe at a store.
+1 read through FM's blog - there is a LOT of useful information there in a easily readable format. As smitty06 points out, a Vanilla Reload is not a card by itself, it's a 10 digit code that you enter on the vanillareload site to load your Vanilla debit card or the bluebird card.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Thank you for the direction it helped !!!!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ceres
Can I just use my VR starter card once and throw it away or can I just load one and give it to someone to use without registering all the crap online?

Thanks
nevermind...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by the_jaguar
+1 read through FM's blog - there is a LOT of useful information there in a easily readable format. As smitty06 points out, a Vanilla Reload is not a card by itself, it's a 10 digit code that you enter on the vanillareload site to load your Vanilla debit card or the bluebird card.
Sometimes

To avoid further confusion and thread noise and looking foolish, just avoid going to any of the 'dollar' type stores. The VR they sell is not the one you're looking for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.