Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tyfabes
Just a quick update on my situation:

I called Walgreens to explain the situation. The manager said that their customer receipts do not print with any pin or activation information, but he would have to review the store camera tape to figure out what happened.

After taking a day to review everything and piece together the series of events, it turns out the cashier most likely gave my father in-law a blank card, while keeping around the activated card. They asked him to bring his receipts to the store and they would get him a new card without any issue.

The situation couldn't have been easier to resolve and the Walgreen's management handled everything better than I could have imagined. I am very impressed with Walgreens.
Have you actually seen the receipts? In our local Walgreen stores, any GC purchase you would get a smallish SEPARATE receipt which shows either the full number or partial number of the Gift Card - I am looking at a Home Depot GC right now - the card number is on the little receipt that is on top of the normal customer receipt you get on any purchase. This is the same way in our local grocery stores. Most cashiers would hand you the GC together with the small receipt once the card is activated, then hand you the regular customer receipt.

I always compare the number shown on the small receipt with the number on the GC just purchased, to make sure I am getting the "paid for" gift card.

It looks like there was a theft happened in the store at the time of purchase, and the manager was able to determine it by reviewing the tape.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: ALL
Purchased two VRs at a CVS today using Vanilla Visa GCs. Receipt says "PREPAID CARD ACTIVATION WILL OCCUR WITHIN 24 HOURS"

It's been over 2 hours and I'm gettin the "Card is Deactivated (4002)" on vanillareload.com. I called the store and they had no clue what I was talking about. My receipts reference the correct serial number.

I wonder if this is new policy. It makes sense to prevent fraud, but not sure the whole reload thing works as well if everyone has to wait 24 hours to use the funds.

I'm concerned they might not activate (but I would be more concerned if the receipt said activated rather than "will be activated").
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by azhoopsfan
Purchased two VRs at a CVS today using Vanilla Visa GCs. Receipt says "PREPAID CARD ACTIVATION WILL OCCUR WITHIN 24 HOURS"

It's been over 2 hours and I'm gettin the "Card is Deactivated (4002)" on vanillareload.com. I called the store and they had no clue what I was talking about. My receipts reference the correct serial number.

I wonder if this is new policy. It makes sense to prevent fraud, but not sure the whole reload thing works as well if everyone has to wait 24 hours to use the funds.

I'm concerned they might not activate (but I would be more concerned if the receipt said activated rather than "will be activated").
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19819955-post3848.html
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:46 pm

I bought two tonight

And they are both giving me the Card is Deactivated (4002) error. Has anyone had cards take the full 24 hours to activate?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:52 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by mkarolian
And they are both giving me the Card is Deactivated (4002) error. Has anyone had cards take the full 24 hours to activate?
Where did you buy them and when? Did you compare the last four numbers on the VR card to the four numbers on the receipt from the store? Do they match? Much more info needed to really assist you.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by mkarolian
This must be the new way it is. I bought some a few hours ago, and it's giving me the same error message. I'll try again tomorrow, before I start worrying.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum | HHonors Gold | AA Gold
Bought 2 VR reloads 6 hours ago, and have been getting a 4002 notice when trying to activate them as well. Looks like the activation policy might have changed from the immediate availability I've experienced until now.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:24 pm
Suspended

So nobody bothered to read the link I posted?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stoughton
So nobody bothered to read the link I posted?
apparently not
Old Dec 8, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: Kettle One ;)
Originally Posted by Stoughton
read
What's that?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 7:27 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks!

Stoughton,

Thanks for posting this link.

I bought 2 cards today also and am getting the 4002 (card is deactivated) message. Glad to know it is system-wide problem and not just me.

anita
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:12 pm
Suspended

having same issues. manager at seeveeass completely clueless and told me its my fault and not their responsibility. rude and obnoxious while was courteous and low key. will wait 24 hrs...
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
I was also having problems with a Vanilla Reload that I bought at CVS today (was getting the card deactivated message), but it works fine now (just reloaded my BB).
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by fti
Where did you buy them and when? Did you compare the last four numbers on the VR card to the four numbers on the receipt from the store? Do they match? Much more info needed to really assist you.
CVS and it appears as though they don't match. Which is totally bizarre...
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
got 2 a little while ago (both on same transaction). One loaded fine, but getting the code 4002 deactivation code for other. Guess I will wait til tomorrow, but at least I see I'm not alone and won't panic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.