Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:28 pm

In this case the cashier at SA was the manager. The same one who tells the other cashiers to only allow one card per visit. So you would think she would know what she was doing, but who knows. Thanks for the assurances.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I bought a VR yesterday at SA, brought it home and could not load with it. It gives error of being decativated. Calling VR, they say it never was activated.(I had purchased 3 others from SA earlier in the week that worked right away.)
Which SA was this at?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jetsfan
Please excuse if there is a better forum for this question. I am glad to re-post there. Have had trouble in past week getting $500 Visa gift cards at OD. So I bought the AMEX version, which cost a bit more. My CVS let me use a Visa gift card I already had to buy a VR, but the register rejected the AMEX. Any similar experiences or suggestions?
It can take up to 24 hours for the cards to "really" be activated. You should try to wait at least 12 hours from purchase of an AMEX pre-paid until you attempt to pruchase the VR - even if the AMEX site shows the card is loaded and ready.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
When buying VRs with a gift card, do you guys pay the VR activation fee with another card separately? Or just ask for 496.05 on the VR?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Just load 496
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by akp
I won't put the VR in the shopping bag. I wrap the receipt around them and put them in my purse. I'm worried that they'll accidentally get thrown away by my husband or kids in the bag or some other unforeseen problem could occur. They're safest in my purse.

Anita

Better yet, just activate the card on your phone right there. (unless you have already met the limits) I usually don't leave the store until I activate the card on my phone and confirm the balance.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by mkarolian
I know there is a $5,000 max in terms of VRing a Bluebird account. Is that month mark on the 1st, a month from when you first completed a VR reload or a on the day you opened your account?

Danke!
Starts on the 1st.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: SW, UA, UR
Originally Posted by tsmith12
Better yet, just activate the card on your phone right there. (unless you have already met the limits) I usually don't leave the store until I activate the card on my phone and confirm the balance.
I do this as well. No way am I walking out of the store without confirming!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Throughout the interactions, Imcomm CS were pleasant, helpful, a human answered every call with zero hold time, and they were not on the other side of the planet (all I spoke with were female, native-English speakers with US southern accents - sounded like Georgia girls), and open 24/7.
InComm's call center is located in Atlanta, GA metro (area code 770).
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: ALL :)
Can someone give me Incomm's fax or email that you used when giving them your receipt.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by steventravel
Can someone give me Incomm's fax or email that you used when giving them your receipt.
Called INCOMM they said I had to deal directly with the Retailer. Fun times....
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by steventravel
Called INCOMM they said I had to deal directly with the Retailer. Fun times....

sounds like a 'new approach' from the other reports here.

wonder if it's an uneducated CSR or did you ask for a supervisor?

either way, I would try to call again and def. speak with a supervisor or a 'supervisor's supervisor'.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline
sounds like a 'new approach' from the other reports here.

wonder if it's an uneducated CSR or did you ask for a supervisor?

either way, I would try to call again and def. speak with a supervisor or a 'supervisor's supervisor'.
Definitely. Call again.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:35 pm

It has been now 7 business days since I received an inactive card. I faxed in the information to Incomm on the day I bought it, on the 26th. No response from them whatsoever. When I call in they just tell me our compliance department is still investigating it and it will take 5 to 7 days. Well the time is up and still no answer. Supervisor said he would call compliance tomorrow when they are open and give me a call back with status.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
It has been now 7 business days since I received an inactive card. I faxed in the information to Incomm on the day I bought it, on the 26th. No response from them whatsoever. When I call in they just tell me our compliance department is still investigating it and it will take 5 to 7 days. Well the time is up and still no answer. Supervisor said he would call compliance tomorrow when they are open and give me a call back with status.
I had good luck with them, sorry to hear you've been getting the runaround.

I'd suggest following up with them first thing tomorrow, and ask them to be specific about what's happening, what you can expect next, and if you don't get clarity, ask for the supervisor's supervisor. Be courteous and be professional, but expect the same from them.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.