Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:43 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Loading from outside N. America?

I'm leaving shortly for an eastern Europe vacation and want to do a few reloads in the new calendar month...

Are there any issues with using the vanillareload.com site from outside the U.S./N. America?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by LRD
I'm leaving shortly for an eastern Europe vacation and want to do a few reloads in the new calendar month...

Are there any issues with using the vanillareload.com site from outside the U.S./N. America?
Use proxy if you are not sure about it
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:16 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by LRD
... Are there any issues with using the vanillareload.com site from outside the U.S./N. America?
(Answering my own question) I had no problems using the vanillareload.com site from Russia today to load my Bluebird.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
I had the exact same issue in December 2012. This is most likely an issue with VR, not BB. I escalated the issue to a supervisor at Incomm (Vanilla Reload), who did a great job by following up for me and got the problem fixed in 2 days. The BB CSRs are outsourced and work in Manila. It is very time consuming to work with them and they won't be able to resolve the issue without Incomm getting involved. I highly recommend you call Incomm at the number on the back of the VR card and escalate this issue with a supervisor if they continue to ask you to call BB.
Thanks DCBob. This ticket approach worked and the supervisor was able to get my PIN reset by their "IT Department". (Initially offshore CSR's were doing nothing about this.)
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:10 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Website seems to be down now, as also referenced in this thread.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
It's not an activation issue but still an issue.

I was checking few of my old cards which I most probably bought few months ago to see if I missed reloading any or not. Whenever I enter the information on the vanilla website, I get "Card not Found error".
I even called the CS and they couldnt locate the card and tell me that it's not their product.
I am like, I know what a vanilla reload card looks like yet they cannot seem to find the information by the 10 digit pin or the 10 digit number under the bard code.. anyone else experienced something like this?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:08 pm

I bought 5 cards in 3 separate transactions this week. I am in North Atlanta and the CVS stores carry the Vanilla Debit Visa, but I could not find the reload pack. It seems like I have to register each card to get a pin and use. The first three went through just fine and I unloaded the cards to MO. The last two have been blocked from activating and directed me to the CSR. She asked me to verify information that was completely not related to me and they told me they would send me a check as a refund. Did I get caught buying too many cards (5 for $500 each in 3 days) or is there simply an issue with their system attempting to activate?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by kaw753
I bought 5 cards in 3 separate transactions this week. I am in North Atlanta and the CVS stores carry the Vanilla Debit Visa, but I could not find the reload pack. It seems like I have to register each card to get a pin and use. The first three went through just fine and I unloaded the cards to MO. The last two have been blocked from activating and directed me to the CSR. She asked me to verify information that was completely not related to me and they told me they would send me a check as a refund. Did I get caught buying too many cards (5 for $500 each in 3 days) or is there simply an issue with their system attempting to activate?
You're supposedly limited to registering 3. This is probably the issue. Interesting that you can buy more with a card and they will reject them and send you a check.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:46 am

I bought 5 vanilla reload cards in a single transaction from CVS- I could have as well bought 10 as per new rule and loaded to My Vanilla Debit back to back to increase balance by $2500. No issues.

One interesting observation was that while VR loading on Bluebird takes average of 7 to 12 seconds to show message that card is successfully loaded, my vanilla debit shows same message far quickly - within 2 to 4 seconds.

May be due to both being Green Dot products.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:28 pm

Another bad scenario for me at a Gas Station.

Went to purchase 3 VR. First two went fine, then error on 3rd. Manager came over to try to get it to work. In the mean time I am checking the #'s with the receipts and see the 2nd card they gave me did not match.

Manager says, oh, that is the # on third card we are trying to load. So they gave me the wrong 2nd card and were trying to load a loaded card and that is why the 3rd one didn't work.

She said, but I already voided this 2nd card in her attemps to load it, so it is no good. She gave me a credit slip instead for 503.95. After that and all the tries they had on the 3rd card, fraud protection kicked in, so I didn't get that one either.

So I ended up with one card. Called Discover from the Parking Lot to remove fraud and they said they show 3 charges, but they were just pending and the extra charges will go away. I thought one of the three was the rejected charge.

Four days later they all move from pending to charged. Called Discover again and they say 4 charges were made and the last one was rejected. So they show 3 valid charges. All I have is one credit slip for $503.95 and one VR. (They say it can take 15 days for the credit to come through.)

I suspect the manager who said she voided the 2nd card only voided the reload she tried to do on that card and in fact that card still had the $500 on it. They did not give me that card and instead gave me the credit slip. They likely threw that card in the trash as far as I know.

While I was trying to purchase these, I asked the manager to write a note on my receipt expaining what happened because this could cause trouble. She said no, that is not necessary because I have the credit slip.

In limbo until huncho manager comes in today. Still no call from her.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:49 pm

Wow! I had a bad story as well, but not as bad. I bought 5 VGC at a gas station and then went to WM to do my thing and error 51! Well, I call back and the manager says - what I did was illegal - even though her lacky sold it to me, and they locked the cards to make sure I was not a thief!

AHH!!! I went back to the store and they traded my 5 cards in for 5 new ones (including a funky card called Vanilla Bill Pay, which is really Vanilla Visa Gift Card) and then they were all turned into paper successfully. So, I hope your story ends up as good as mine did!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:33 pm

Got one receipt that says "PREPAID CARD ACTIVATION WILL OCCUR WITHIN 24 HOURS". And instead of "ACTIVATED", status is "ACCEPTED".

This happened on only 1 of 3 transactions - made with a new credit card I received today only. Hope it resolves within 24 hours!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Just got off one hour phone call with incomm. My card did not properly load through the website and then they just kept repeating that their system showed that it loaded. I had to call bluebird with them on the phone to prove it. Now the want a copy of my license and for me to fill out a dispute packet to get my money back.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
Another bad scenario for me at a Gas Station.

Went to purchase 3 VR. First two went fine, then error on 3rd. Manager came over to try to get it to work. In the mean time I am checking the #'s with the receipts and see the 2nd card they gave me did not match.

Manager says, oh, that is the # on third card we are trying to load. So they gave me the wrong 2nd card and were trying to load a loaded card and that is why the 3rd one didn't work.
I'm finding that clerks are getting confused when they are loading VRs, I walk up and explain what I want and tell them I'll hand them one card at a time, this takes extra time but I'll tell you this, I don't have any more issues and I'll walk out with activated cards..
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:58 pm

Issue resolved. They gave me two new cards and I already fed them to the birds. The manager apologized profusely. To tell the truth, it looks like it is a pain in the but system for them to earn a measly $3.95 and not worth their time and hassle, so I am glad they just don't throw up their arms and tell me to go away. Maybe the manager gets bonus or measurement on total revenue, not just profit. She is nice enough, cashiers not so much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.