Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
NOBODY lol
i googled 'vanilla reloadable" and "bluebird"...the top few are all travel bloggers or FT.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by webazoid
i googled 'vanilla reloadable" and "bluebird"...the top few are all travel bloggers or FT.
actually i did in fairness forget to mention credit card thieves
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
i wonder besides mileage hobbyists, who else is grabbing the vanillas?
Someone else bought one while I was at Walgreens. I turned around expecting to see a FT, but instead I saw a man pulling cash out of his wallet (or at least I thought it was cash, I dont use it myself).
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:03 pm

tried 2 walgreens, and they did not let me charge to credit card.. grhhhh
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I believe it was the same game, I have no particular love (nor hate) for the Wildcats of AZ, guess I'm indifferent, but always good to see USC lose, particularly when I'm in San Diego .

I'm actually happy Amex is advertising Bluebird. Hopefully anything we do stays more under the radar that way.
At Chick-fil-a tonight, even the (middle-aged) cashier looked at my BB card as I paid with it and asked, "Bluebird, hm? Is this that new card they've been advertising?" I just smiled and said yes, I just got it and it works well.

I agree that the more non-points earning accounts there are, the less likely it is for the program to disappear.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
actually i did in fairness forget to mention credit card thieves
That's what one of the OD employees that don't carry them anymore told me. They were our main competitor for reload cards.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:19 pm
xp0

If you notice on the OD racks there is the "Call this number if this product is out of stock" or something along those lines. It lists a 1-888 number and the skew number. Has anyone tried to order more on behalf of the store? I called had maneuvered through the option menu however I was provided an answering machine.

Does anyone know an OD/Office Store manager and know how this answering machine/restocking service works? Can we just call and leave the skew/Store number and say we need more?

lol
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
If you notice on the OD racks there is the "Call this number if this product is out of stock" or something along those lines. It lists a 1-888 number and the skew number. Has anyone tried to order more on behalf of the store? I called had maneuvered through the option menu however I was provided an answering machine.

Does anyone know an OD/Office Store manager and know how this answering machine/restocking service works? Can we just call and leave the skew/Store number and say we need more?

lol
LOL. "Looks like we are going to need a couple hundred cards at this store every week. Please call me with your expected deliver schedule."
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:28 pm

i wonder besides mileage hobbyists, who else is grabbing the vanillas?
Mileage hobbyists are in the minority when it comes to these!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xp0

lol
According to the mgr I know, they just show up. He said he doesn't have control over the card kiosk stocking
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
According to the mgr I know, they just show up. He said he doesn't have control over the card kiosk stocking
Your mgr is feeding you a line or is an idiot.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Yeah, that's what I learned tonight as well. Was told that a couple times a week they receive a small box via Fed Ex which contains various prepaid cards. They have no idea which ones until they open it. They have no control over the specific type of cards or when they arrive. In the case of Vanilla, they haven't received any in several weeks.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by QL_714
Your mgr is feeding you a line or is an idiot.
Or you don't have a clue what you're talking about
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:44 pm

Or you don't have a clue what you're talking about
Then I guess the mgr is stealing them from another OD for me.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by QL_714
Then I guess the mgr is stealing them from another OD for me.
Right, they're ordering them, for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.