Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I am waiting on my bb card to come but did some scouting today at my local OD and they had the reload cards in stock, was planning on getting my card and activating, then waiting 1 day purchaseing reload, can i then load it, or should i wait one day between purchse of reload until placing it onto the bb card
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by particlemn
I am waiting on my bb card to come but did some scouting today at my local OD and they had the reload cards in stock, was planning on getting my card and activating, then waiting 1 day purchaseing reload, can i then load it, or should i wait one day between purchse of reload until placing it onto the bb card
You can do it right away, or wait as long as you want. I've loaded off via my phone in the parking lot 5 min after purchase when I needed the funds ASAP.

Were it me, I'd buy the beans when opportunity strikes.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by Stoughton
You can do it right away, or wait as long as you want. I've loaded off via my phone in the parking lot 5 min after purchase when I needed the funds ASAP.

Were it me, I'd buy the beans when opportunity strikes.
Seriously. These cards ( the reload packs ) do not have an expiration date. Purchase as many as you can afford without having to carry a balance on your credit card(s) and load them whenever you need the funds.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:40 pm

HELP

Help! There are no OD near me. Can someone open 1
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:47 pm

Two quick questions (I don't think they have been asked or answered yet):

1) Is there a minimum direct deposit required to receive free ATM access (I have setup $10 every paycheck for now)?

2) Can you use the routing and account number provided by BB when setting up direct deposit for the auto-pay option of utility bills where they deduct straight out of your checking account?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:50 pm
jdl

Originally Posted by sunshine-state
Has anyone seen any regular card purchases show up in their BB account yet? Yesterday, I put in ~$10 of gas into my car, and checking my BB account balance, the "Available" balance immediately dropped by $99, which I suppose is the gas station pre-authorizing for that much. But as of today, I still don't see any posted (or pending transactions).
It can take a couple days for purchases to show up in the transactions, but your balance will immediately reflect the purchase.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Citi Mortgage isn't on BB's list?
It is - I added it but haven't paid yet. should probably try $1 payment first.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
The OD near me has at least 25+ in stock... Auctioning off the coordinates. Betting starts at $2500.
Auctioning off 5 locations within 15 minutes of me. Bidding starts at 1 roundtrip flight to maldives.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by ZontarTheThingFromVenus
1) Is there a minimum direct deposit required to receive free ATM access (I have setup $10 every paycheck for now)?

2) Can you use the routing and account number provided by BB when setting up direct deposit for the auto-pay option of utility bills where they deduct straight out of your checking account?
1) I've looked and looked and can't find. Planning to chip $50-100 a week, but I'll be paying at least my car payment on the bird's bill pay so it works out there for me. Considering that it says DD within the last 30 days (I'm assuming to account for people on Social Security or otherwise who might only get direct deposits monthly), might not even need to do every week.

2) Try it and find out, where's your adventurous spirit? You only have the Cardinals to fear
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
The OD near me has at least 25+ in stock... Auctioning off the coordinates. Betting starts at $2500.
Can I pay with Ink?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:03 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Can I pay with Ink?
Only if its blue.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:08 pm

Since they are advertising BB as basically a check-less checking account, I would think that AMEX would actually prefer if you set up an auto-debit payment out of your BB account rather than having them send a physical check out - it would save them the cost of processing.

Can you use the routing and account number provided by BB when setting up direct deposit for the auto-pay option of utility bills where they deduct straight out of your checking account?
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Try it and find out, where's your adventurous spirit? You only have the Cardinals to fear
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:12 pm

In the end, if nothing else comes from using BB, at least I made $.25 from the test deposits they made when I linked my checking account.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:15 pm

In the end, if nothing else comes from using BB, at least I made $.25 from the test deposits they made when I linked my checking account.
This aint free money. They will offset w/ a reversal
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since they are advertising BB as basically a check-less checking account, I would think that AMEX would actually prefer if you set up an auto-debit payment out of your BB account rather than having them send a physical check out - it would save them the cost of processing.
If your utility is in their bill payer, most likely it would be electronic anyway, and no paper would ever exist for it anyway. BB is a "paperless" product. I don't plan to pay anything other than my car payment out of it with the bill payer, almost every other bill I have either can be paid with a CC with no fee, or is a CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.