Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:35 am

re

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
The reason given to me by the CSR was repeated (two) failed VR reloads (due to less than 24-hours from the one before), but she was able to unlock the account right away though.

I have done only some bill pays and VR reloads, one bill pay was $200 to my CC bill (only thing I can think of that might be out of line).
So the moral of the story is don't get excited and try to stuff the bird full of beans....let it eat slowly with at least 24 hours to digest.

I swear it sounds like slickdeal mentality load and unload as fast as you can until your account is closed...you a slickdealer tony?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) BB card arrived today. Activated online. Installed Android app on my HTC Amaze 4G. Deposited $100 check via 8 meg camera.

2) Has anyone found a service like Square that WILL deposit swipes into BB.?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:14 pm

vanilla visa or vanilla reload for bluebird?

I'm at Offic depot now. Which of these two do I get for the blue bird. I'm confused and no one knows here
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by c3troop
I'm at Offic depot now. Which of these two do I get for the blue bird. I'm confused and no one knows here
reload. no need for a new thread on this, though.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:17 pm

What am I reloading? I don't have a vanilla visa card do I have to originally have one to reload it?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:17 pm
Suspended

This is why you read the exsiting thread before you head to the store
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:18 pm
Suspended

What am I reloading? I don't have a vanilla visa card do I have to originally have one to reload it?
seriously? read the title to your own thread

vanilla visa or vanilla reload for bluebird?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Has anyone seen any regular card purchases show up in their BB account yet? Yesterday, I put in ~$10 of gas into my car, and checking my BB account balance, the "Available" balance immediately dropped by $99, which I suppose is the gas station pre-authorizing for that much. But as of today, I still don't see any posted (or pending transactions).

On the iPhone App, there even is a Pending Transactions section, but that's empty, and I don't see a way to get to Pending Transactions on the regular website. I made a few other small purchases today, so hopefully they'll all show up normally soon.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Originally Posted by monkey99
Works with Citi. I did that. You have to add the payee as if they will be sending check by mail. In reality it gets paid same day electronically. Make sure you name the payee as "CITIMORTGAGE".
I've found when adding payees that the system doesn't recognize very many - but they are set up for electronic payments to more than it seems.

I added my water bill for a little small-town municipal water company, and of course BB didn't recognize the payee - I didn't expect it to. But after entering the address, the delivery time came back as 1 day. Sure enough, my water company posted the payment to my account the next day.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: A few
Suggest you go home, study, and show up again next time when you are actually ready to take the test
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Suggest you go home, study, and show up again next time when you are actually ready to take the test
And maybe pay us back on this thread by telling us what store has these babies in stock.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by sunshine-state
Has anyone seen any regular card purchases show up in their BB account yet? Yesterday, I put in ~$10 of gas into my car, and checking my BB account balance, the "Available" balance immediately dropped by $99, which I suppose is the gas station pre-authorizing for that much. But as of today, I still don't see any posted (or pending transactions).

On the iPhone App, there even is a Pending Transactions section, but that's empty, and I don't see a way to get to Pending Transactions on the regular website. I made a few other small purchases today, so hopefully they'll all show up normally soon.
I made a purchase Wednesday evening at a grocery store and it posted sometime late last night/this morning.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:56 pm

my test all went smooth. got the BB. when to local OD and bought the beans i needed to pay mortgage and gas bill. loaded some that night, the rest the next day. set up both payments yesterday, and got confirmation receipt on the payments posting to the accounts today. great option here will be playing this slow and steady here.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:59 pm

says this:
vanilla
Reload network
Prepaid reload

bottom says
load these prepaid cards & more

MyVanilla Netspend
Mio

Me
go slow this this
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by frozyn
I made a purchase Wednesday evening at a grocery store and it posted sometime late last night/this morning.
Ok good to know. Sounds like it takes about 48 hours to clear. Although I wish there was a better way to see pending transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.