FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1376772-wells-fargo-prepaid-cards.html)

AnitaBryant63 Jan 18, 2013 6:25 am

Can I load this card online? or do I have to go into a Wells Fargo to do it?

ddallas Jan 18, 2013 7:18 am

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63 (Post 20073889)
Can I load this card online? or do I have to go into a Wells Fargo to do it?

You can reload online.

AnitaBryant63 Jan 18, 2013 7:28 am

I'm wondering if this is a good way to liquidate a bunch of Mastercard gift cards from the OM promo. Any thoughts?

SGJazz Jan 18, 2013 7:52 am

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63 (Post 20074211)
I'm wondering if this is a good way to liquidate a bunch of Mastercard gift cards from the OM promo. Any thoughts?

Risky. You can only have two cards in your profile at any one time. Just speculation but, I think swapping out the cards many times in one month could raise a flag.

ddallas Jan 18, 2013 8:00 am

Originally Posted by SGJazz (Post 20074402)
Risky. You can only have two cards in your profile at any one time. Just speculation but, I think swapping out the cards many times in one month could raise a flag.

Yeah, someone early in the thread reported getting their account closed due to "changing the funding source too many times." Not sure how many times that was. I've used three credit cards so far. I added two originally then changed one of them. Never tried a gift card.

Stoughton Jan 18, 2013 8:07 am

Gift cards do not work

SGJazz Jan 18, 2013 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ddallas (Post 20074445)
Yeah, someone early in the thread reported getting their account closed due to "changing the funding source too many times." Not sure how many times that was. I've used three credit cards so far. I added two originally then changed one of them. Never tried a gift card.

Although I try not to, I have swapped out as many as 2 cards in one month without a problem. Not really sure what the threshold may be. A real risk is too many failed load attempts, a few posters have had their accounts locked for this activity.

Cbass98 Jan 18, 2013 9:18 am

Does anyone know if the monthly fee hits on the last day of the month or is it on a 30 day cycle based on when you got the card or first filled?

farwest101 Jan 18, 2013 10:06 am

Originally Posted by SGJazz (Post 20074841)
Although I try not to, I have swapped out as many as 2 cards in one month without a problem. Not really sure what the threshold may be. A real risk is too many failed load attempts, a few posters have had their accounts locked for this activity.

I changed cards at least half a dozen times in a month - no problem. But you need to be aware of the programming snafu that often happens after you add/load a card. The online site can give error messages after you use a card. If you try resubmitting again (and again and again for some people who aren't too bright), you likely have problems. If you change a card and get error message, go back to "manage cards" and you'll find the card has successfully been added/loaded despite the erroneous error message that sometimes (but not always) occurs.

I think FrequentMiler or MMS said limit of two changes per day, but I think I've done more.

I think most problems come from those who repeatedly attempt to load Chase cards in excess of their CA limit and get their account flagged.

tonyflyer Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am

Monthly fee always hits my account on the 2nd of the month.

Originally Posted by Cbass98 (Post 20075137)
Does anyone know if the monthly fee hits on the last day of the month or is it on a 30 day cycle based on when you got the card or first filled?

sk8uno Jan 18, 2013 11:26 am

Originally Posted by tonyflyer (Post 20075723)
Monthly fee always hits my account on the 2nd of the month.

+1

SoCalStew Jan 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Has anyone successfully loaded this card online with a cash advance from MVD?

sunnyface2011 Jan 18, 2013 1:03 pm

How about prepaid visa/master card? Will these work?

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 20074491)
Gift cards do not work

mp31rdc Jan 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by jeckll (Post 20063913)
This got me thinking. Could you fund WF with MVD? Because we know those can be CA'd...

Anyone have an answer to this? I was thinking the same thing but have not had a chance to try it out yet. My guess is it won't work b/c it will be lumped in with the other prepaid cards that people are not able to load with...

SGJazz Jan 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101 (Post 20075548)
The online site can give error messages after you use a card. If you try resubmitting again (and again and again for some people who aren't too bright), you likely have problems. If you change a card and get error message, go back to "manage cards" and you'll find the card has successfully been added/loaded despite the erroneous error message that sometimes (but not always)

I too have noticed that error page every time I put in a new card. And, as you said if I just ignore it and refresh, the card appears as a source account.