FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1376772-wells-fargo-prepaid-cards.html)

farwest101 Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate (Post 20047236)
some family members tried opening a WF PP with Chase Sapphire and SW RR Plus. Both cards wouldn't go thru. Had to use another CC

Sapphire Preferred works as that is my main funding source. But likely your family members tried to load more than their respective cash advance limits. My CA limit is 20% of my credit line...

AscorbylPalmitate Jan 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101 (Post 20047845)
Sapphire Preferred works as that is my main funding source. But likely your family members tried to load more than their respective cash advance limits. My CA limit is 20% of my credit line...

interesting. if these charges do go thru, do these CA count towards the MSRs (or does it differ across CCs)?

zozeppelin Jan 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Just ran into the same thing yesterday, 20% is what Chase gives me for all my cards. I inquired to increase the CA limit and they said they can't do that specifically but can increase the credit limit and that'll increase the CA limit .... with a hard pull so I said no as I'm eyeing a AOR soon. I put in the request to redistribute my credit limit between my 5 cards to cover full loading from 2 different cards.

I'll add I had no problem with IB on initial full load because I believe there is no true credit limit.

As others have mentioned, the charge starts life as a CA but turns into an expense later.

gm9928 Jan 14, 2013 11:52 pm

Okay, I searched, but gave up after reading the 1st 17 pages of this thread:

Can you have more than one WF PPd per person/SSN ? Thanks

Cbass98 Jan 14, 2013 11:57 pm

A few 100 posts back, someone mentioned 2 per person/SSN, but I haven't gotten a 2nd one yet.

Anyone know the best card to use to load up this WF card? Is IB/Sapphire the best although you only get 1X, if you value Chase UR at $.02, then it's really 2X? Any other potential good ones? Maybe the Cap One Venture One that nets you 2X the first year (assuming you use it to buy domestic economy tickets)? I just got the US Bank Cash+ card and although it'd give me 1% back, I just don't think the 1% is worth the hassle.

Nottafatslob Jan 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98 (Post 20048971)
A few 100 posts back, someone mentioned 2 per person/SSN, but I haven't gotten a 2nd one yet.

Anyone know the best card to use to load up this WF card? Is IB/Sapphire the best although you only get 1X, if you value Chase UR at $.02, then it's really 2X? Any other potential good ones? Maybe the Cap One Venture One that nets you 2X the first year (assuming you use it to buy domestic economy tickets)? I just got the US Bank Cash+ card and although it'd give me 1% back, I just don't think the 1% is worth the hassle.

Do you include in the hassle the chance that US Banks codes as a cash advance because I have been posting that question in the Carlson US Bank card thread and as of yet noone in two hours knows yet (damn people needing sleep LOL) My question is one you would NEVER EVER want to call Carlson or US Bank or Wells Prepaid about unlike that last two posts that can be answered by calling Wells PP'd which is yes.

amolkold Jan 15, 2013 11:58 pm

US Bank doesn't charge as a cash advance.

Nottafatslob Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 20056713)
US Bank doesn't charge as a cash advance.

Thank You very much

sanctified50 Jan 16, 2013 3:54 am

Originally Posted by gm9928 (Post 20048958)
Okay, I searched, but gave up after reading the 1st 17 pages of this thread:

Can you have more than one WF PPd per person/SSN ? Thanks

Yes

DaveInLA Jan 16, 2013 9:56 am

I just received my WF PP in the mail and called in to activate it. However, I'm starting to think that this card might not be as useful as I originally thought. If I add no funds to the card, what will WF do about the $3 monthly fee? Also, is that fee on a 30 day schedule, or calendar month?

In case I decide to load it, what about ATM limits? is the 2 per month based on 30 days or calendar months?

Stoughton Jan 16, 2013 10:05 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 20059051)
I just received my WF PP in the mail and called in to activate it. However, I'm starting to think that this card might not be as useful as I originally thought. If I add no funds to the card, what will WF do about the $3 monthly fee? Also, is that fee on a 30 day schedule, or calendar month?

In case I decide to load it, what about ATM limits? is the 2 per month based on 30 days or calendar months?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19111763-post1.html

DaveInLA Jan 16, 2013 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 20059111)

I read the original post. It didn't answer my questions.

ddallas Jan 16, 2013 10:31 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 20059180)
I read the original post. It didn't answer my questions.

It's also helpful to read back the last 10 pages for posters recent experiences on the monthly fee and loading limit experiences.

freeflights4me Jan 16, 2013 10:56 am

Has anyone had success using an Amex card to load the WFPP? I've read no on this thread but just wanted to ask again to see if anyone has found away by now. Have $6k spend I'm trying to reach and no VR's within 100miles so looking for other options.

ddallas Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

Originally Posted by freeflights4me (Post 20059476)
Has anyone had success using an Amex card to load the WFPP? I've read no on this thread but just wanted to ask again to see if anyone has found away by now. Have $6k spend I'm trying to reach and no VR's within 100miles so looking for other options.

WF website only accepts numbers from Visa or Mastercard. No AMEX, no Discover.