FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1376772-wells-fargo-prepaid-cards.html)

NYBanker Jan 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 20097270)
Not only will you find answers to your questions, you may find answers to questions you haven't even thought of :-:

...and you'll avoid drawing attention to it at the card issuer!

LAX88 Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by bocaspbx (Post 20096790)
Hello Everyone,

Newbie here. I have been able to load my WF using my cap1 with no issues. I just got a BA card with a 10K purchase and 2K cash advance limit. Today I tried loading 2.5K using BA and the transaction was denied. I suspected that BA was detecting the transaction as a cash advance, so I called customer service to inquiry and they confirmed my suspicion. The transaction was being denied due to the 2K cash advance limitation.

Any thoughts?

Kind of sad you took the time to create an account and make this post, but didn't bother to read the thread even minimally. :rolleyes:

kevinwangjk Jan 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by LAX88 (Post 20097511)
Kind of sad you took the time to create an account and make this post, but didn't bother to read the thread even minimally. :rolleyes:

It doesn't necessarily take time to create an account, for example, I logged in with my facebook account and it took just a few seconds :D

gloreglabert Jan 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by LAX88 (Post 20097511)

But did take the time to call...:td:

vacaloca Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101 (Post 20090684)
Take your time. Last thing you need is Chase to get upset with your WF activity - Chase is the more important relationship.

I'd spread the spend around. Go buy some gift cards/VRs/MO/Kiva/AP and put some actual purchases on the BA card.

+1 This. I did 30k/yr on BA for companion pass and used many different methods... among them AP, AFTx2, Visa Buxx x3, prepaying my cable bill for about a year, pretty much all my daily purchases, etc. The key is to have many daily/usual spend coupled with the quasi-cash transactions...

tonyflyer Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm

deleted

TennisPro Jan 22, 2013 12:31 am

Originally Posted by vacaloca (Post 20097759)
+1 This. I did 30k/yr on BA for companion pass and used many different methods... among them AP, AFTx2, Visa Buxx x3, prepaying my cable bill for about a year, pretty much all my daily purchases, etc. The key is to have many daily/usual spend coupled with the quasi-cash transactions...

Agreed. That is the same thing I do, and no problems.

appleceo Jan 22, 2013 1:18 pm

deleted

Stoughton Jan 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by appleceo (Post 20101902)
I was trying to purchase the prepaid card with 2.5K balance using my Chase BA card. It didn't go through. Called in and the rep said the transaction was coded as cash credit. Does anyone else have the same issue? How do you make it coded as purchase? Thanks!

I quit

iqbalt80 Jan 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by appleceo (Post 20101902)
I was trying to purchase the prepaid card with 2.5K balance using my Chase BA card. It didn't go through. Called in and the rep said the transaction was coded as cash credit. Does anyone else have the same issue? How do you make it coded as purchase? Thanks!

Here we go again.....

bangkokiscool Jan 22, 2013 1:37 pm

All you have to do to force it into being a purchase instead of cash advance is try multiple times on the Wells Fargo site. Every time it says transaction failed, just hit submit again. After a few tries you'll get a message that tells you for sure the purchase gone through.

Mike5889 Jan 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Weird..set up a new card about 5-6 days ago and loaded with my new chase southwest card. It showed as pending for about 3 days but has been missing from my all-activity tab for the last couple days. Chase still shows the extra 2000 missing from my available credit so I assume it hasn't been reversed, but who knows. Wells said the card is in the mail. Anyone else have this happen?

ddallas Jan 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mike5889 (Post 20102312)
Weird..set up a new card about 5-6 days ago and loaded with my new chase southwest card. It showed as pending for about 3 days but has been missing from my all-activity tab for the last couple days. Chase still shows the extra 2000 missing from my available credit so I assume it hasn't been reversed, but who knows. Wells said the card is in the mail. Anyone else have this happen?

Probably everybody. It's normal.

tonyflyer Jan 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Large amount transactions with Chase have tendency of dropping of for a few day in Chase's CC activity, don't know exactly why, possible for human review, but they always come back.

Originally Posted by Mike5889 (Post 20102312)

bocaspbx Jan 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 20096796)
Yes - next time read the thread before calling the credit card company.

Got it. Thanks!