FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1376772-wells-fargo-prepaid-cards.html)

x712xdamx Dec 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101 (Post 19943194)
Can't you make a run to the post office or Walmart for a MO? Or did I miss that this couldn't be done?

Money orders work fine. You just have to remember the $600 transaction limit on the card. Meaning, you can't buy a $1k money order. You have to buy a $599 money order (+ $.70 Wally world fee). You can buy more than one as well. Just picked up a couple at Wally world today, and then reloaded the card with my Ink.

Ducati Dec 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Don't use a CC with a different billing address

Originally Posted by NYBanker (Post 19847313)

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 19825120)
Anyone have success in loading with a CC that is under a different name and billing address?

Different name but same billing address has been no problem for me (or, more accurately, for my wife). :)

I called in to find out. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE A CARD WITH A DIFFERENT BILLING ADDRESS. WF will close it down.

This seems odd considering:
1. The T&C does not mention that the use of a funding card with a different billing address is prohibited.
2. When adding a new funding card, the website asks for the billing address of the card.

If the site asks for a billing address, a reasonable person would think that adding a card with a different billing address would be permissible. I guess not!

Hey, WF, how about informing the customer that this is not allowed on your website? :td:

PresskittJon Dec 31, 2012 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 19950103)
I called in to find out. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE A CARD WITH A DIFFERENT BILLING ADDRESS. WF will close it down.

1. The T&C does not mention that the use of a funding card with a different billing address is prohibited.
2. When adding a new funding card, the website asks for the billing address of the card.

If the site asks for a billing address, a reasonable person would think that adding a card with a different billing address would be permissible. I guess not!

Hey, WF, how about informing the customer that this is not allowed on your website? :td:

I think it makes perfect sense from a fraud prevention standpoint.

farwest101 Dec 31, 2012 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by PresskittJon (Post 19951386)
I think it makes perfect sense from a fraud prevention standpoint.

^

j9jm3 Dec 31, 2012 9:49 pm

Same thing happened to me about funding with card with different billing. Two calls and 7 days later I still do not have access to my funds. Terrible service. Great about fraud prevention but it is now just fraud on wf part.

prasha11 Jan 1, 2013 12:53 am

Originally Posted by j9jm3 (Post 19951594)
Same thing happened to me about funding with card with different billing. Two calls and 7 days later I still do not have access to my funds. Terrible service. Great about fraud prevention but it is now just fraud on wf part.

9/11, fraud prevention and money laundering are common excuses banksters use to justify inefficiencies and to shut U up.

ma91pmh Jan 1, 2013 7:09 am

Originally Posted by prasha11 (Post 19952049)
9/11, fraud prevention and money laundering are common excuses banksters use to justify inefficiencies and to shut U up.

sounds like the TSA lol

QL_714 Jan 1, 2013 1:21 pm

They take the easy way out.

compddd Jan 1, 2013 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 19950103)

My account is closed right now because they said the new funding card I added has a different billing address. The funding card has the same billing address as my WF card.......

WF is incompetent

j9jm3 Jan 1, 2013 10:03 pm

Just a quick update. WF finally reinstated(unlocked) my prepaid card. Took two calls and about 9 days. But at least now I can use it. Will not make the mistake of funding a CC with different billing.

NYBanker Jan 2, 2013 3:27 am

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 19938520)
Haven't used it for anything else, and haven't loaded anything on it for more than a month.

I just called WF and they said my account is closed until they complete their security review since I had so many failed loads. Ugh what a mess.

Do you have any dough in the account?

NYBanker Jan 2, 2013 3:29 am

Originally Posted by maulah (Post 19942490)
After reading the first post carefully "$600 max per transaction online", what about using it as a debit card with PIN purchase for $2200 to pay property taxes. Will that be possible?

No.

NYBanker Jan 2, 2013 3:33 am

Originally Posted by j9jm3 (Post 19956983)
Just a quick update. WF finally reinstated(unlocked) my prepaid card. Took two calls and about 9 days. But at least now I can use it. Will not make the mistake of funding a CC with different billing.

Good to hear.

NYBanker Jan 2, 2013 3:35 am

Have you read the PATRIOT Act?

What are "banksters?"

compddd Jan 2, 2013 8:43 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker (Post 19957892)
Do you have any dough in the account?

I don't have anything in the account atm