FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1376772-wells-fargo-prepaid-cards.html)

mrstraveler Dec 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by econjon (Post 19333246)
Bad news! BofA did not give miles. It posted as a purchase, but no award miles on statement.

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 19333478)
nor on my BoH statement. Glad I still have time to make the spend

Originally Posted by prestonv (Post 19335564)
Just confirmed, BofA load now appears as CA on my Alaska CC. At first showed as purchase, but 10 days later showed up as a CA.

Originally Posted by tonyflyer (Post 19407151)
No miles on my BOH statement either.

Originally Posted by nitro888 (Post 19468413)
I wish this was true but on my BofA Hawaiian air card, the WF load for $2505.00 counted as a purchase and I even got the points for it but did not get the 2nd bonus of 15K miles having met the 1K spending requirement.

Originally Posted by nitro888 (Post 19480372)
That is correct. It processed as a purchase and I got the points for it but not the min spend bonus. However, on my BofA Alaska card, it also processed as a purchase but I did not receive any points at all.

I have read this ENTIRE thread. Still :confused: about BOA HA card...miles/no miles conflicting reports but still not clear if loads count toward minimum spending?

ddallas Dec 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler (Post 19838469)
I have read this ENTIRE thread. Still :confused: about BOA HA card...miles/no miles conflicting reports but still not clear if loads count toward minimum spending?

It looks like none of the ones you quoted counted the amount towards minimum spend. I think Chase is the only bank that is currently recording the amount as a purchase that counts towards points and minimum spend on the Wells Fargo debit card load.

sk8uno Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas (Post 19838658)
It looks like none of the ones you quoted counted the amount towards minimum spend. I think Chase is the only bank that is currently recording the amount as a purchase that counts towards points and minimum spend on the Wells Fargo debit card load.

And cap1

Jake Gittes Dec 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler (Post 19838469)

I had a similar problem with BOA HA card when loading the Nationwide VisaBuxx card to make my minimum spend requirement. The points did not initially post, but I was awarded them after I sent a secure message to BofA. I might have gotten lucky, but I'd suggest going this route!

amolkold Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Why not use one of the many other tools for your BoA card? It's only $1000 per card to activate the spend, there are so many other avenues to meet that spend. WF PPC is great for other cards, like Chase Ink with $5K requirement.

Dynastar Dec 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by sk8uno (Post 19839584)
And cap1

And USBank.

Ducati Dec 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 19825120)
Anyone have success in loading with a CC that is under a different name and billing address?

Anyone?

NYBanker Dec 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 19825120)
Anyone have success in loading with a CC that is under a different name and billing address?

Different name but same billing address has been no problem for me (or, more accurately, for my wife). :)

farwest101 Dec 13, 2012 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Jake Gittes (Post 19839762)
I had a similar problem with BOA HA card when loading the Nationwide VisaBuxx card to make my minimum spend requirement. The points did not initially post, but I was awarded them after I sent a secure message to BofA. I might have gotten lucky, but I'd suggest going this route!

I used WFPP to meet both BoA and BoH spend. 36K x 2 miles posted to my Hawaiian account at first purchase (ie 35K bonus miles plus the 1K from the $1K spend). But when I rec'd my statement, no miles were shown being earned. Seems like a glitch on FIA's part as they are clearly being awarded/deposited.

Update: No points posted when using WFPP for either BoA or BoH spend. I confused my prepaid cards. I can confirm that loading a different type of prepaid does get credit for miles

mrstraveler Dec 14, 2012 8:01 am

Originally Posted by farwest101 (Post 19847839)
I used WFPP to meet both BoA and BoH spend. 36K x 2 miles posted to my Hawaiian account at first purchase (ie 35K bonus miles plus the 1K from the $1K spend). But when I rec'd my statement, no miles were shown being earned. Seems like a glitch on FIA's part as they are clearly being awarded/deposited.

This sounds even more confusing why is it counting towards the minimum spend but not accruing miles?

ORD-TGU Dec 16, 2012 9:35 am

Originally Posted by gm9928 (Post 19206553)
Yes - and it was charged as a regular purchase.

To confirm. US Bank was charged as a regular purchase with no CA fees, but were points issued for the spend?

ned Dec 16, 2012 2:29 pm

PO Box

Where I live we do not have curbside mail delivery. All mail must go to a PO Box. This causes problems when applying for CC’s but can be resolved with a phone call. With the Bluebird card the problem was overcome by having the card sent to my son. With my ZIP code mail will not even get to the Post Office if not addressed to a PO Box. Has anyone with a PO Box mailing address been able to find a work around.

brewernq Dec 17, 2012 10:43 am

I realize I can use this to buy a MO from walmart, but is there any daily purchase limit? First post says $600 online, but is there a limit buying stuff at a store?

Would like to do a $1000 MO ...

guera Dec 18, 2012 6:43 am

Originally Posted by ned (Post 19868281)
Where I live we do not have curbside mail delivery. All mail must go to a PO Box. This causes problems when applying for CC’s but can be resolved with a phone call. With the Bluebird card the problem was overcome by having the card sent to my son. With my ZIP code mail will not even get to the Post Office if not addressed to a PO Box. Has anyone with a PO Box mailing address been able to find a work around.

This has been a huge problem for me as well. I have been somewhat successful using this scenario:

Suppose my physical address is 25 Sunrise Lane and my PO Box is 520. For my address I use "25 Sunrise Lane # 520". This workaround was suggested by my local post office. I now use this address when I order stuff online, as well as on credit card apps. This works great with Fedex and UPS also.

ORD-TGU Dec 18, 2012 7:10 am

Originally Posted by brewernq (Post 19873248)
I realize I can use this to buy a MO from walmart, but is there any daily purchase limit? First post says $600 online, but is there a limit buying stuff at a store?

Would like to do a $1000 MO ...

AFAIK $600 max, on ALL daily transactions, so if you do ATM+CB+MO<$600, that is my experience at least.

On a related question, a MO at Walmart shows up as "Walmart Purchase", how about at Albertson's/Kroger/Safeway? They have in house Western Union or Money Gram to process MO.

I want to avoid any charges from Western Union or Money Gram.