FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1376772-wells-fargo-prepaid-cards.html)

prasha11 Jan 2, 2013 9:42 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker (Post 19957905)
Have you read the PATRIOT Act?

What are "banksters?"

no, I am constantly reminded about it for 11 years, we need to move on with our normal lives and not live in fear, everyone is not terrorist. PATRIOT act, 'fraud', 'money laundering' is a tool often used and abused to pacify, an excuse to shut U up. 99.9999% of Americans are good people (hope I am not starting a debate...)

Do you remember $700 Billion extortion/heist ?

tonyflyer Jan 2, 2013 10:09 am

Wells Fargo ATM gives out damaged bills

this was the 2nd time it happened to me, Wells Fargo ATM dispensed out a $20 bill last night that was torn 2/3 in the middle, and Chase ATM won't accept it.

Will I still able to use the damaged bill, or should I exchange it in WF branch?

compddd Jan 2, 2013 10:57 am

Exchange it in a branch

Stoughton Jan 2, 2013 11:08 am

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 19959964)
Exchange it in a branch

Or any other bank in the US.

bangkokiscool Jan 2, 2013 11:25 am

Just to add another data point - if you get a WF card locked, it's very very hard to get it unlocked. I ordered a card for my spouse, with an initial load of $500 from her UA Club card. Card arrived, got activated, in early December.

It quickly got locked up. I can only think of two possible causes. First, I have a secondary card issued to her UA club account and tried adding that to my own WF account. The loads wouldn't go through so I gave up and went back to my Ink (all has been working fine on my account since then). Second (more likely), I forgot her username and password (got it confused with BB) and afte a couple of attempts it locked her out and closed down the account.

The account was closed December 12. Many weeks have passed and many phone calls have been made with several requests for "escalation." Each time, the WF reps say there will be a resolution "within 4 business days." I've heard that line at least three times now. It's "only" $500 but it still steams me that they think it's OK to hold on to money for almost a month because of a simple Luddite error like entering the wrong password. So beware of WF -- if it works the card has its uses, but if things go south be prepared for a battle.

brettalb Jan 2, 2013 1:18 pm

Has anyone been able to fund their WF PP account with their spouses CC (Chase, to hit a minimum spend)? It doesn't ask for the name on the CC on the add funding source screen.

carsonheim Jan 2, 2013 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by brettalb (Post 19961010)
Has anyone been able to fund their WF PP account with their spouses CC (Chase, to hit a minimum spend)? It doesn't ask for the name on the CC on the add funding source screen.

does not work. tried and it screwed up hubby's account.

Ducati Jan 3, 2013 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by PresskittJon (Post 19951386)

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 19950103)
I called in to find out. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE A CARD WITH A DIFFERENT BILLING ADDRESS. WF will close it down.

This seems odd considering:
1. The T&C does not mention that the use of a funding card with a different billing address is prohibited.
2. When adding a new funding card, the website asks for the billing address of the card.

If the site asks for a billing address, a reasonable person would think that adding a card with a different billing address would be permissible. I guess not!

Hey, WF, how about informing the customer that this is not allowed on your website? :td:

I think it makes perfect sense from a fraud prevention standpoint.

What makes sense? The fact that WF didn't notify its customers that using a card with a different billing address is not permitted?

I think you missed the point of my post. If attempting to use a credit card with a different billing address is not permitted, then disclose that key bit of information to the customer. I am all for preventing fraud, and not allowing the use of credit cards that has an address different from the WF card is a great idea. But at least let the customer know that if you try it, your account will be closed. Not very hard to add that in the FAQ or T&C.

Ducati Jan 3, 2013 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker (Post 19957905)
Have you read the PATRIOT Act?

What are "banksters?"

Have you?

Banksters = Banking Gangsters or Ganging Bankers.

prasha11 Jan 3, 2013 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 19968424)
What makes sense? The fact that WF didn't notify its customers that using a card with a different billing address is not permitted?

I think you missed the point of my post. If attempting to use a credit card with a different billing address is not permitted, then disclose that key bit of information to the customer. I am all for preventing fraud, and not allowing the use of credit cards that has an address different from the WF card is a great idea. But at least let the customer know that if you try it, your account will be closed. Not very hard to add that in the FAQ or T&C.

or simply a notification that "funding card address does not match on record". Most of us here can manage and fight such scams/excuses by the banks, what about the young, poor and uneducated? 99.999% Americans are not frauds or terrorists...

SGJazz Jan 4, 2013 9:51 am

Unpredictable ATM availability

ATM declined me for the past few days. Did not exceed $1500/7days. Tried $500 then $400. Cash-back at Grocery still works. My only thought is the machine could be out of cash or on the fritz.

Any insight. PM is ok.

SG

Stoughton Jan 4, 2013 9:54 am

Originally Posted by SGJazz (Post 19974465)
ATM declined me for the past few days. Did not exceed $1500/7days. Tried $500 then $400. Cash-back at Grocery still works. My only thought is the machine could be out of cash or on the fritz.

Any insight. PM is ok.

SG

Grocery cash back counts towards total cash back, or so it does for me. Might be store specific

compddd Jan 4, 2013 10:59 am

WF finally called me and said my card was closed due to, "Too many failed load attempts." and to apply for another WF Prepaid lol

Thanks for the help WF! Not

mrstraveler Jan 4, 2013 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Jake Gittes (Post 19839762)
I had a similar problem with BOA HA card when loading the Nationwide VisaBuxx card to make my minimum spend requirement. The points did not initially post, but I was awarded them after I sent a secure message to BofA. I might have gotten lucky, but I'd suggest going this route!

Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by emptiness (Post 19889587)
what about bank of Hawaii Hawaiian airline card?
any loaded to WF PP card and got any miles per dollar?

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 19889683)
You asked that same question about a month ago (Nov 14th to be exact). Why didn't you just try it and see what posted to your statement?

Originally Posted by pcharles (Post 19925700)
No, make, Hulk, angry. You not like Hulk angry. Hulk turn green and snarl.

Hulk tear up bank Hawaii.

Originally Posted by domino007 (Post 19926151)
:D LOL

FTers can be hilarious sometimes :D

Marathon Man Jan 4, 2013 2:21 pm

Update to a way earlier post:

For those who have or get the big runaround with WF cards that I had run into in the fall, call this cat:

Dean Torrance

Exec at same place as Meth, who has apparently LEFT!! Gee I wonder WHY!!!

888 849 1855