FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1376772-wells-fargo-prepaid-cards.html)

tonyflyer Jan 6, 2013 12:40 pm

It can only be loaded with Visa/Mastercard.

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate (Post 19988054)
Does Discover code it as a Cash Advance?

AscorbylPalmitate Jan 6, 2013 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by tonyflyer (Post 19988078)
It can only be loaded with Visa/Mastercard.

thanks. i was thinking about maybe payingdown/floating some student loans on my Discover (or any 0% APR CC).

nwflyboy Jan 6, 2013 12:52 pm

Anyone know if Barclay's codes a load on the WF debit as a purchase or a cash advance?

I know citi codes them as a cash advance - want to avoid that on my new Barclay's USAir MC. Thanks.

tonyflyer Jan 6, 2013 12:55 pm

Loading from many CCs have been reported NOT getting miles/rewards, so far only Chase/C1/USB CC does.

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate (Post 19988095)
thanks. i was thinking about maybe payingdown/floating some student loans on my Discover (or any 0% APR CC).

ddallas Jan 6, 2013 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 19988147)
Anyone know if Barclay's codes a load on the WF debit as a purchase or a cash advance?

I know citi codes them as a cash advance - want to avoid that on my new Barclay's USAir MC. Thanks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19498507-post384.html

AscorbylPalmitate Jan 6, 2013 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by tonyflyer (Post 19988159)
Loading from many CCs have been reported NOT getting miles/rewards, so far only Chase/C1/USB CC does.

oh. i have no idea why i didnt think about miles/rewards.

the main concern of mine was not incurring in any accrued interest on the SL once it comes due (i.e. paying down a significant portion of the SL balance with a CC before any interest accrues on the SL)

tonyflyer Jan 6, 2013 1:03 pm

You are better of getting a CC with 0% transfer (some from Chase?) to cut down SL interest.

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate (Post 19988175)
oh. i have no idea why i didnt think about miles/rewards.

the main concern of mine was not incurring in any accrued interest on the SL once it comes due (i.e. paying down a significant portion of the SL balance with a CC before any interest accrues on the SL)

compddd Jan 6, 2013 6:13 pm

I ordered 2 new WF cards since they closed my old one. It wouldn't me do more than 1k though on each on them for the initial purchase load, since that's the cash advance limit on both of my SW cards.

Bums me out my Sapphire had a 1k cash advance limit but it let me do 2.5k for the initial purchase load.

brewernq Jan 7, 2013 7:04 am

Why is everybody messing around with ATMs and MO when you can just load this thing onto your bluebird and dispense from there? Or are you just trying to mix up the activity on the card?

ddallas Jan 7, 2013 7:07 am

Originally Posted by brewernq (Post 19992908)
Why is everybody messing around with ATMs and MO when you can just load this thing onto your bluebird and dispense from there? Or are you just trying to mix up the activity on the card?

Bluebird already loaded for the month by other means. Or don't live near a Walmart.

Marathon Man Jan 7, 2013 7:55 am

I was not aware one could use the WF to load the BB. hmmm interesting--for those who still have the WF, which I do not.

brewernq Jan 7, 2013 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ddallas (Post 19992928)
Bluebird already loaded for the month by other means. Or don't live near a Walmart.

Ah, good point.

Nekamah7 Jan 7, 2013 12:27 pm

Isn't there a $2 fee w/ a max of 100 load at a time?

bocastephen Jan 7, 2013 12:41 pm

The deal killer here is not being able to load from a Visa GC

NYBanker Jan 7, 2013 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11 (Post 19959462)
no, I am constantly reminded about it for 11 years, we need to move on with our normal lives and not live in fear, everyone is not terrorist. PATRIOT act, 'fraud', 'money laundering' is a tool often used and abused to pacify, an excuse to shut U up. 99.9999% of Americans are good people (hope I am not starting a debate...)

Do you remember $700 Billion extortion/heist ?

I agree on your percentage. Fee of the regs that we grapple with here however are Patriot-related. LCTRs, etc, have long been part of banking regulation.

$700 billion extortion/heist? No, I'm not familiar with such a heist. If you're referring to the Troubled Asset Relief Program, I'm sure you are aware that the bank investments made by the government in2008/09 have in aggregate turned a healthy profit for the government....with more room to run...and certainly avoided plenty of other costs.

If only the auto deals worked out quite so well. ;)