FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1376772-wells-fargo-prepaid-cards.html)

QL_714 Aug 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by dnkywhisperer (Post 19198226)
I just tried to load $2500 with CSP and the transaction wouldn't go through. I than lowered it to $1999 and still no go. Does anyone know if something has changed? Maybe with CSP?

Nothing has changed. The information in the first post is still wrong. Maybe one of the so called expert bloggers can fill you in.

koolr Aug 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714 (Post 19198309)
Nothing has changed. The information in the first post is still wrong. Maybe one of the so called expert bloggers can fill you in.

Which information is wrong? The daily limit of max $2500 (max 5k per month) is stated in t&c. What is the max amount you can load with a chase card?

xp0 Aug 27, 2012 5:44 am

You need to know which pool of limits chase swims in during its initial holding period to figure out how much you can load. If the pool is not Olympic size, make sure you swim within the ropes on the kiddie end

AlohaDaveKennedy Aug 27, 2012 7:20 am

Oh, they'll introduce themselves soon enough. Don't think two on a match will trigger the call, though.

Originally Posted by econjon (Post 19196961)
where's the reference to the pointy hatted authorities!?

also, am considering this for wife as well. think that'll set off any extra alarms for double duty at same address?

koolr Aug 27, 2012 8:42 am

Originally Posted by xp0 (Post 19200795)
You need to know which pool of limits chase swims in during its initial holding period to figure out how much you can load. If the pool is not Olympic size, make sure you swim within the ropes on the kiddie end

... and how do you figure that out? call chase? i am waiting for my ink bold to arrive and was hoping I could load the max.

GoGreen Aug 27, 2012 9:03 am

I just loaded $1100 +- onto the card using my Cap One cc (earns tuppence per dollar spent). It shows at Cap One as a Pending Transaction. Per the WF website you can have a maximum of two funding sources. First load was $500 using Chase. (You can delete funding sources to add different ones.)

Anyone know what's the max you can spend at a brick and mortar store for a PIN purchase? I'm heading out to a local mom and pop run by the beaver's mom and dad.

Nottafatslob Aug 27, 2012 9:18 am

Originally Posted by koolr (Post 19201691)
... and how do you figure that out? call chase? i am waiting for my ink bold to arrive and was hoping I could load the max.

Why would you call chase and then the rep documents the call which is their job and the questions you ask go in the computer. hmmm :td:

Then the system analyzes everything and soon there are solutions from systems that cost millions of dollars. slow normal transactions with no phone calls or emails is the way to go

koolr Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob (Post 19201960)
Why would you call chase and then the rep documents the call which is their job and the questions you ask go in the computer. hmmm :td:

Then the system analyzes everything and soon there are solutions from systems that cost millions of dollars. slow normal transactions with no phone calls or emails is the way to go

Thanks.

Nottafatslob Aug 27, 2012 9:29 am

Originally Posted by koolr (Post 19202000)
Thanks.

I just read a new thread where a guy called BOA to get his credit line from and old card moved to a new card he just opened with a smaller limit than he wanted. So BOA hit him with a Hard Pull Again to take a look. So he got one for opening the card then another when he called in. 2 hard pulls

Calling them isn't working out so well

mikeef Aug 27, 2012 11:24 am

Originally Posted by xp0 (Post 19193989)
wait, seriously, people are asking about loading with $500?

*face palm*

Well, mostly *face palm.* For newbies just learning the game and not wanting to go too far out on the limb on their first or second transaction, I can see being willing to pay the fees just to learn at a slow and steady pace.

I've been doing it for a while and for me, it would be grounds for losing an arm.

Mike

prasha11 Aug 27, 2012 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714 (Post 19198309)

Does anyone have a clue what information is QL_714 referring to be wrong in the first post?

QL_714 Aug 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11 (Post 19203261)
Does anyone have a clue what information is QL_714 referring to be wrong in the first post?

Don't pay much attention to him, he just likes to talk.

User Name Aug 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I don't have the card, and haven't looked into this closely, but from some recent posts on this thread then I'd hesitate a guess that it's looking at your cash advance limit to begin with, which may well be lower than $2,500.

If I'm wrong maybe someone can be bothered to correct this.

GoGreen Aug 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by GoGreen (Post 19201855)
I just loaded $1100 +- onto the card using my Cap One cc (earns tuppence per dollar spent). It shows at Cap One as a Pending Transaction. Per the WF website you can have a maximum of two funding sources. First load was $500 using Chase. (You can delete funding sources to add different ones.)

Anyone know what's the max you can spend at a brick and mortar store for a PIN purchase? I'm heading out to a local mom and pop run by the beaver's mom and dad.

I'll answer my own question, in case anyone else is wondering. I tried to make a purchase for 900+- and the card was rejected. I asked the cashier to split it into two pieces with $600 for the WF card. She was not able to do it (although I've heard it can be done, neither of us knew how.) Then I went to purchase a bag of corn chips for $1.98 and requested $100 cash back. Success! So I figure if I buy 49 bags of corn chips each month, I'll recoup my $5K investment!

xp0 Aug 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Look at what User Name said.