Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting spending up without the Mint

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by aegt123
What's the best site to unload itunes gc. I thought plasticjungle would be the place, but then don't accept itunes gc.
cardpool.com?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by al613
what is HiV?
A friend of mine went to a seedy little town in the Dominican Republic called Sosua and got HIV. It is something you catch where prostitution is legal and many skanky girls walk the streets with disease. They even don't flush the used toilet paper there instead they put the smelly germ ridden used feces paper in the trash can next to the toilet. How is that for a definition of HIV
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:01 pm

Not sure why I got a denial email but I bought the Staples Kaspersky 59.95 download free with rebate and they sent me an email saying rebate not done properly or something. I followed the steps from FM and that is what I get for having anything to do with a evil blogger. I have already sent them nasty email and chat threatening to contest the charge and will if necessary but definitey not worth the grief for this small paying crap
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
Not sure why I got a denial email but I bought the Staples Kaspersky 59.95 download free with rebate and they sent me an email saying rebate not done properly or something. I followed the steps from FM and that is what I get for having anything to do with a evil blogger. I have already sent them nasty email and chat threatening to contest the charge and will if necessary but definitey not worth the grief for this small paying crap
well over 1000+ SERs over the last 5-6 years and I've never been denied a claim without legitimate reasons. Might want to double check the terms and your rebate itself. Likely a simple mistake on the form or something....a chat or call will also solve the problem even if you're in the wrong in my experience
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Happened to me too. Status was "wrong sku". It was a mistake and they fixed it for me.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by captaincool
well over 1000+ SERs over the last 5-6 years and I've never been denied a claim without legitimate reasons. Might want to double check the terms and your rebate itself. Likely a simple mistake on the form or something....a chat or call will also solve the problem even if you're in the wrong in my experience
Originally Posted by SGJazz
Happened to me too. Status was "wrong sku". It was a mistake and they fixed it for me.
Good to know, Thanks.
I really don't want to have to go to War over some little thing like this it just seems like a battle I don't want to pick.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
I had the same error, but a quick chat with a Staples Easy Rebate rep confirmed what I thought: simple glitch. We'll all get our rebates. No need to get the angry emails out
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I can help unload Canadian iTunes GCs through some distributors that I know
I bought these in US. Didn't know there was something called Canadian iTunes GCs.

Originally Posted by ricohitman
cardpool.com?
They don't accept iTunes cards either.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
abcgiftcards.com takes iTunes gift cards. $35 for $50, break-even except for points and shipping on the OfficeMax deal.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:42 pm

I got the same error email from Staples. I talked online with the rep and she confirmed it was a system error not recognizing the UPC code. She told me to check back in 72 hours. About an hour later I received an email stating the error was fixed and they were processing the rebate.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
abcgiftcards.com takes iTunes gift cards. $35 for $50, break-even except for points and shipping on the OfficeMax deal.
Thanks amol! Looks like I will pretty much break even plus 600 UR for buying the cards. Not worth the effort though it would be awesome if I can scale it 100x.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by aegt123
What's the best site to unload itunes gc. I thought plasticjungle would be the place, but then don't accept itunes gc.
www.giftcardgranny.com compiles several of the sites and tells you what's best.

Mike
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Well I've cruised through a number of drug stores, grocery stores, and gas stations in the Houston area and have yet to find anyone that will let me load any reload card and/or moneypack with a credit card and/or debit card (prepaid or otherwise).

This might be too local a request, but any tips via PM from a fellow IAH-area resident would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to make my blue bird sing!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Jake Gittes
Well I've cruised through a number of drug stores, grocery stores, and gas stations in the Houston area and have yet to find anyone that will let me load any reload card and/or moneypack with a credit card and/or debit card (prepaid or otherwise).

This might be too local a request, but any tips via PM from a fellow IAH-area resident would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to make my blue bird sing!
if you are ok with debit card why not just load up at walmart? zero fees at least. you can get delta, aa or alaska miles via debit cards
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
if you are ok with debit card why not just load up at walmart? zero fees at least. you can get delta, aa or alaska miles via debit cards
That's my eventual plan; but Delta, AA, and Alaska miles aren't as valuable to me and my current travel patterns. Thanks for the tip, though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.