Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting spending up without the Mint

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I just added $200, then $150. Tried to add another $150, and it asked me to enter my SSN, DOB and address.
Quick update:

If you have Galaxy Nexus on Verizon, there is a good work around that does not involve root and unlock. Much simpler than that. (Long and the short is Verizon is pressuring Google not to give access to this Google Wallet as they have a competitor in the wings; BUT Verizon had agreed the Nexus is supposed to be open, so you can get the ap from non-google play sites and verizon can't do much about it. Just google search "google wallet apk" and you can get it. I even used the wireless paying feature (NEC) and it works great.) PM me if you need help.

I added $300, but then it asked for the same as above and I can't figure it out. I put in the required info and it just says "verify account." What the fart does that mean?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by xp0
Actually its the $2,000 per month.
$500 a day would be great if you could do it every day.
Except either way, it's a far cry from $8k
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:26 pm

I got my Nx 7 at staples tonight. Went home and downloaded wallet. It recognized me since I opened a wallet account 3 yrs ago but had only used it once. I then loaded just under 500 from a reloadable amex card onto google wallet. I must have hit the daily limit because I could add no more. On the prepaid side the transaction posted like a normal purchase. I guess I'll be adding 500 a day until the deal is dead.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:10 pm

Please any one clarify.. how some one can fund $8000 in 6 days to GPC?. when there is $2000 limit per month.

Is it possible to use same device among several users (obviously with diff google wallet acct).

Thanks in advance

Last edited by samineni3; Sep 11, 2012 at 11:11 pm Reason: clarity
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:22 pm

I just tried using a visa gc. It worked fine. If you have a surpass card or a blue cash preferred, you can get 4 $500 visa gcs at the grocery store for 6pts/$ or 6% back, then load up in Google wallet. That's 12000 HHonors points or $120 if you go cash back. Note that you'll pay about $24 in fees for four gcs (but you'll get pts on the fees too).
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:58 pm

Sorry if it is a newbie question

Originally Posted by piecerate
I got my Nx 7 at staples tonight. Went home and downloaded wallet. It recognized me since I opened a wallet account 3 yrs ago but had only used it once. I then loaded just under 500 from a reloadable amex card onto google wallet. I must have hit the daily limit because I could add no more. On the prepaid side the transaction posted like a normal purchase. I guess I'll be adding 500 a day until the deal is dead.

I am trying to get the spend limit on one of my hilton honors card , Can i load around 500 $ using my CC and then in oct request a refund check . I want to be sure before I go into staples to get the nexus 7 .. TIA
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by boldm28
I am trying to get the spend limit on one of my hilton honors card , Can i load around 500 $ using my CC and then in oct request a refund check . I want to be sure before I go into staples to get the nexus 7 .. TIA
Yes, that should work just fine, as far was we know...

Does anyone have experience verifying your account? I could not load any more money after two loads (as mentioned in one of the earlier posts). I jumped through the hoops to verify the account and now it says it will take 3-5 business days to verify, but can take longer. It will be quite annoying if it happens after the 17th.

Last edited by mia; Sep 13, 2012 at 7:54 pm
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
im inclined to buy this tablet, use it for these things, and try and return it within some 30 day i dont want it window lol
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:01 am

Just a quick note on two of my favorite topics:

1. My gas station chain where I have had success obtaining the beans is giving me problems again, at two different stores. Previous to this, I had done 500 a shot at every different location in my town and run up about 16K in spend. Not sure what changed. If others have had problems at this chain, let me know. (I disclosed who they are to many of you.)

2. I am still stuck at "verify account" with google wallet after putting in my name, SS, and DOB. Literally, all it says on the screen is "verify account." Anyone know how to get past this? (Also found the money guys had put a fraud hold, but I had that removed.)
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
My google wallet won't let me add more than 300. I added 150 yesterday and 150 today. Tried to add another 150 and it sent me to the verification screen and i put in all the info and any time I try to add funds it gives me the funds not loaded message.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by ianturner
My google wallet won't let me add more than 300. I added 150 yesterday and 150 today. Tried to add another 150 and it sent me to the verification screen and i put in all the info and any time I try to add funds it gives me the funds not loaded message.
I've already called twice and it did help get another $150 on there today. My favorite part is when they keep mentioning how this is going a way and they think you are crazy adding funds.....
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:57 am

I had the same problem (with verification). So I went to the verify account page on my computer and it asked me to send in copies of my id and a bill verifying my mailing address. I sent that stuff in and it said it should take three to five days to verify.

Last edited by sk8uno; Sep 12, 2012 at 10:07 am
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sk8uno
I had the same problem (with verification). So I went to the verify account page on my computer and it asked me to send in copies of my id and a bill verifying my mailing address. I sent that stuff in and it said it should take three to five days to verify.
I don't see a verify account page on google.com/wallet for me?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:37 am

Ianturner, I'll try to post a link when I get back to a computer.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:40 am

Try this link to get to the verification page. I am still in the waiting period, so I don't know if this will in fact work, but it should.

https://support.google.com/wallet/bi...ification&rd=1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.