Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting spending up without the Mint

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
i was able to load 300 before geting shut down, not worth calling to me so i'll just leave it at that.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
So we can do nothing but wait and file our own complaints.
Everyone will get their money. I am sure your time can be better spent!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by sk8uno
That crossed my mind as well. It very well could be intentional misinformation, but it sure would be annoying to have $2k on a prepaid card.
Worst case is i take a break from churning to get this done, or crank up gift card churning to clear it....
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by QL_714
I suppose. I just hate that whole scene and I wish a company like that would fold up and go away--after paying out first of course.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please use this thread only to write about clever ways to generate spending to achieve credit card bonuses. It's fine to mention if a low profile method has been published elsewhere, but please do not drag the thread off topic by ranting about the bloggers who described the deal.

In particular, do not post personal characterizations of the bloggers or their family members.

A number of posts which did not adhere to these guidelines have been removed.

Last edited by mia; Sep 13, 2012 at 7:34 pm
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by sk8uno
Getting back to the topic at hand...

I know of someone who got a hold on his Google wallet account when he tried to add funds three times in a row ($150 each). He needs to speak to someone in compliance before anything gets resolved. Anyone else hear of similar experiences?
Guy who looked into my account, said 'every thing is fine' and I should be able to add funds. Yet, I am stuck at $300.

It seems no matter what card I use, I see google does put a 'pending charge' on the card, and then quickly reverses it (like within 15 seconds).

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
New updates:

My gas station game is back in business. They had problems loading the beans in the machine correctly.

I was able to load $500 on my google prepaid yesterday after spending lot of time on the phone with the money network. Had to do 3 $150 transactions and one $50.
So, care to share what what transpired? i.e. key words that I assume a more informed rep who actually fixed your account used so that I can steer the reps I've been speaking with in the right direction of actually fixing my account so it can add more funds, instead of them telling me 'everything looks good, your account should allow for more funds to be added, maybe it's a network connectivity issue or something'

At any rate, I am glad to hear that 'something' can be done to clear this block. Would appreciate any additional info into how to get this to happen.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:18 am

Thehawk-

Did you talk to someone at money pass or someone in the compliance dept? I talked to someone at money pass first. He realized there was a hold on my account and said I needed to talk to a specific person in compliance who was assigned to my account. He gave me her name and direct line. She got everything squared away.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:16 am
Suspended

So we can do nothing but wait and file our own complaints.
Originally Posted by QL_714
I suppose. I just hate that whole scene and I wish a company like that would fold up and go away--after paying out first of course.
As an FYI:

My account was closed 08/13. I am still awaiting a refund check.

Multiple attempts to contact them via phone and email resulted in no response other than canned CSR replied of "up to 20 business days" on the phone and no response at all from my emails.

Then after filing complaints with 3 different Gov't agencies (2 in WI, 1 in TX), the lines of communication were magically opened and I not only got a 'real' email response but a phone call from someone at NS assuring me that my funds had indeed been mailed yesterday and I should see them by Tuesday at the latest.

So…if you’re getting no response and no refund and more than adequate time has passed, I suggest you look into filing an online complaint with the TX AG office. That seems to be the one which got their attention.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:39 am

Anyone know if bank of Hawaii considers buxx fund a cash advance?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jpr0930
I just did an experiment yesterday. Currently showing as temporary charge for the same amount. I'll let you know what I find out.

A question for others, when the charge posts (and if it does get hit with a CA fee), will the CA fee post immediately as part of the same charge, or will it post separately or at statement close?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jpr0930
Works
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Works
Upon second inspection, I'm assuming since my cash credit line didn't decrease when the temp charge hit, that this is true.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
Here's the heads up.
Bought two bean cards at O depot. The second card didn't go thorough. The cashier asked me to go to rack to get other card. My big mistake here. The cashier switched the card and gave me the empty card. I didn't find out until few days later to cash it out. I have contacted the store asking to show video for proof. The store doesn't have video. They dont care about it. Told me to contact bean. I contacted bean. They created trouble ticket to monitor on this. They were not able to track the bean without pin nbr, which i dont have. DO you have any advice to this situation before I contact Inky pal to report the stolen property? I am hesitating on this step because I may have to explain that I buy beans. But I want to use cc's benefits of removing the charge on stolen property.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by shopper711
Here's the heads up.
Bought two bean cards at O depot. The second card didn't go thorough. The cashier asked me to go to rack to get other card. My big mistake here. The cashier switched the card and gave me the empty card. I didn't find out until few days later to cash it out. I have contacted the store asking to show video for proof. The store doesn't have video. They dont care about it. Told me to contact bean. I contacted bean. They created trouble ticket to monitor on this. They were not able to track the bean without pin nbr, which i dont have. DO you have any advice to this situation before I contact Inky pal to report the stolen property? I am hesitating on this step because I may have to explain that I buy beans. But I want to use cc's benefits of removing the charge on stolen property.
Did you keep the receipt?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
yes. sent the copy to bean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.