FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

MilesGator Sep 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by mshah (Post 19395588)
No.

Has this been tried? Or is this just to crazy of an idea?

Father-of-3 Sep 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Amazon Payments

Tried, can't do it.

3ZeroT Sep 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Maybe it is because my accounts are old and established, but they simply don't check anything. No sophisticated monitoring system. Not even a crude and basic one. I always send and receive from the same computer/IP. Same name and address on both sender and receiver. Multiple sets of accounts. Payments go through month after month after month. I used to try to be clever and then slowly learned it was a waste of time. It is entertaining to read about how others are outsmarting them though.

Nottafatslob Sep 27, 2012 10:54 pm

OK I have a question:

I have account and so does wife and mother. So I send wife money which she has a bank account and mother sends her money too.

So the 1k limit is confusing me. I have only sent $500 in the last 30 but it the recipient cannot recieve the funds when I tried to send some more to wife and then I tried to send to mother and same message.

Why would that be if I haven't hit 1k cap this month?

amolkold Sep 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Your wife cannot receive more than $1K

Some accounts that do not have a bank account tied to it cannot do more than $500.

Nottafatslob Sep 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 19398404)
Your wife cannot receive more than $1K

Some accounts that do not have a bank account tied to it cannot do more than $500.

Interesting, I didn't know about the 500 cap.

You are right cuz I went back and lowered to $300 and it went thru.

Say what is the best way to take money off if a bank account isn't set up on the account I sent it to? I am guessing it is best to set one up cuz I know sending it back is not the answer. Thanks

Abubacus Sep 30, 2012 11:51 am

1K limit

Is the 1k limit for sending AND receiving or 1k for each?
Can an account accept 1k and send 1k or is it 1k total.

isle-hawg Sep 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Is there a way to use this service to pay property tax?

brettalb Sep 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Abubacus (Post 19411939)
Is the 1k limit for sending AND receiving or 1k for each?
Can an account accept 1k and send 1k or is it 1k total.

1K for each one, so yes, you can send and receive 1K in one month.

Brett

yOyOYoo Sep 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Pretty sure you can't do this (use AP to pay for property tax)

stupidzbu Oct 1, 2012 8:57 am

opened an account mid Sept

Sent $500 + $500 to sister in LA ... she sent same to my wife (who has a different last name from me) a week later..

I had the wifey send me an odd # as payment for a laptop...

today I tried to send her money back and put something in the notes as if I was making a return on the $$ she paid ... and it put me in a penalty box as 'pending'

could be nothing ... could already be shut down, who knows.

but after reading multiple pages of people doing $1k monthly A-->b-->c I didn't expect to get frozen after one pull!

EDIT: this is what it says

"We are unable to complete your transaction until further review. It can take up to 24 hours to complete this transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause."

therivler1 Oct 1, 2012 9:37 am

you crossed the streams.

nabeelj Oct 1, 2012 11:09 am

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 19416228)
but after reading multiple pages of people doing $1k monthly A-->b-->c I didn't expect to get frozen after one pull!

"People" do A -> B -> C -> A, you did A -> B -> C -> A -> C

stupidzbu Oct 1, 2012 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj (Post 19417033)
"People" do A -> B -> C -> A, you did A -> B -> C -> A -> C

I believe I did A -> B -> C -> A

I (A) -> Sister (B) -> Wife (C) -> Me (A)

hmm.. but that was in Sept ... so when I did A -> C in Oct that screwed things up huh?

Because I figured in Oct we would do

A -> C -> B ->A just to keep it fresh, but now I realize that my last C->A would put up a red flag for A -> C

this is more confusing than those old 'two trains leave houston' math problems from high school that I always hated

either way, I just got an email stating it was approved. I believe we will lay low for the month on this as it is a good source of spend and I don't want any more red flags.

ThePointsCollector Oct 1, 2012 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 19418134)
I believe I did A -> B -> C -> A

I (A) -> Sister (B) -> Wife (C) -> Me (A)

hmm.. but that was in Sept ... so when I did A -> C in Oct that screwed things up huh?

Because I figured in Oct we would do

A -> C -> B ->A just to keep it fresh, but now I realize that my last C->A would put up a red flag for A -> C

this is more confusing than those old 'two trains leave houston' math problems from high school that I always hated

either way, I just got an email stating it was approved. I believe we will lay low for the month on this as it is a good source of spend and I don't want any more red flags.

First couple of months I was getting same "pending" message.