FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

iqbalt80 Oct 3, 2012 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 19432246)
Flagged a deposit of a few MOs I got back in the mail that week that had not been deposited in my CU. In rush to head off to trip I deposited them to BoA account with new teller - within minutes my account was flagged. Had to be the teller playing amateur cardinal.:rolleyes:

Major loss - closed USAirways account which was on death row (Sept 30 no more USAirways miles) and Alaska account which had already earned its ticket.:D

Oddly, the bank still wants me to use its credit cards.:p

Dave... BoA and closed USAirways account? Cannot seem to make the connection...

gv111 Oct 3, 2012 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 19432283)

He is probably referring to the BOA debit card which earns US miles.

iqbalt80 Oct 3, 2012 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 19432379)
He is probably referring to the BOA debit card which earns US miles.

Ahh gotcha.. I was only trying to make a CC connection :)

xlax Oct 3, 2012 5:26 pm

Do Banks Have Issues with Money Order Deposits?

Flagged a deposit of a few MOs I got back in the mail that week that had not been deposited in my CU. In rush to head off to trip I deposited them to BoA account with new teller - within minutes my account was flagged. Had to be the teller playing amateur cardinal.:rolleyes:

ADK - are you suggesting that bank teller had problem with you depositing MOs into BofA bank account because he/she suspected you were buying them with BofA issued debit cards or for some other reason?

I routinely deposit those purchased with my solar card into my account stagecoach bank and trust and never gave it a second thought. Should I?

xlax

stupidzbu Oct 4, 2012 8:31 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 19418538)
I have done a lot of $500 transactions and always went through instantaneously.
I never go in a circle.. always keep it open ended.

open ended meaning A -> B -> C

and just doing that every month?

iqbalt80 Oct 4, 2012 9:12 am

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 19436140)
open ended meaning A -> B -> C

and just doing that every month?

you got it right..

mikeef Oct 4, 2012 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 19416228)
opened an account mid Sept

Sent $500 + $500 to sister in LA ... she sent same to my wife (who has a different last name from me) a week later..

I had the wifey send me an odd # as payment for a laptop...

today I tried to send her money back and put something in the notes as if I was making a return on the $$ she paid ... and it put me in a penalty box as 'pending'

could be nothing ... could already be shut down, who knows.

but after reading multiple pages of people doing $1k monthly A-->b-->c I didn't expect to get frozen after one pull!

EDIT: this is what it says

"We are unable to complete your transaction until further review. It can take up to 24 hours to complete this transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause."

Originally Posted by therivler1 (Post 19416450)
you crossed the streams.

Crap, I hate when that happens.

Mike

TTnC4me Oct 4, 2012 12:50 pm

Flagged a deposit of a few MOs

Ballpark?

sk8uno Oct 4, 2012 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 19437773)
Crap, I hate when that happens.

Mike

^

therivler1 Oct 4, 2012 1:22 pm

thank you someone for getting my pop culture reference.

mikeef Oct 4, 2012 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by therivler1 (Post 19438167)
thank you someone for getting my pop culture reference.

80's pop references are my specialty, although I had a little help with this one, since I played the Ghostbusters slot machine when I was in Las Vegas this week.

Mike

ronocnikral Oct 5, 2012 9:22 am

anyone thinking these people are manually watching should take off the tin foil hat. I'm still trying to resolve my SIL's new account with a verified email (we have the confirmation email for the verification). Thus far, AP won't let her account send money or claim any payment sent to her. So, my mother owes my SIL money (long story).

I've written them a couple of times, and I find the overseas support to very lazy and unhelpful. A gentleman named Vinod especially. This just confirms (in my crazy mind) that they are in no way looking at any account activity outside of their little program.

mrp20 Oct 7, 2012 8:51 am

Just posted this here, but does anyone know whether AP transactions qualify for the Discover More card's rotating 5% cash back category, which currently includes "online shopping"?

wise2u Oct 7, 2012 2:25 pm

re

discover has its own payments program...you can send 1000 to anyone fee free and it counts toward cash back...it is a good way to get back up to the 1% tier after your annual reset which takes you down to .25% until you spend 3000. since they have their own payment program I doubt they would do AP. I don't know for sure.

AlohaDaveKennedy Oct 7, 2012 3:15 pm

BoA Alaska debit and BoA USAirways debit. Blooody nuisance since happened right before I left the country. Also took out a bank of e-checking accounts set up to receive payments from Jungleland.

BoA even charged me a $40 research fee for the privilege of them finding nothing in my checking accounts but unprofitable business for them.:p However, the third part of Kennedy's law held up (ie There are only three things certain in life - death, taxes and that internal controls degrade over time). Their internal controls have a flaw and this financial termite remains able to continue to give the bank the business.

FTR, all frequent flyer miles earned were paid out.^

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 19432283)