Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Just to add: The Platinum Lounge room is reserved exclusively for MH's own Enrich Platinum members.

While the F lounge is exclusive, it sometimes feels too quiet. I'd opt to pop over to the Business class lounge instead.

The F lounge is nice. But it's nowhere near the standards of CX, BA or QF. But MH has made improvements over the past few years. I'd say let them improve with time.
So just to clarify, the Platinum Lounge is NOT an oneworld lounge? Ie. Oneworld EMD can't use this?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
So just to clarify, the Platinum Lounge is NOT an oneworld lounge? Ie. Oneworld EMD can't use this?
Correct. No access for Non-MH EMD
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Thanks. I saw online there is a F Class lounge, so this is accesible for Oneworld EMD (even non MH)? I need a room to sleep and appears the lounge is open for 24 hours?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
hmmm... although the website states "Enrich Platinum and First Class", I'm an AA EXP oneworld emerald and have been granted access to the Platinum suite four times ever since MH entered oneworld, travelling in J (not F). Haven't been through KUL since April, though so that might have changed in the meantime.

It's really quiet in there - three out of four times I was the only guest, once I had to share with one other passenger. When you want to sleep, this is it! The shower/bathroom is awesome - they even have a B&O stereo in it.....

Last edited by bhomburg; Jul 29, 2013 at 11:29 am Reason: clarification...
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
edit: I think the whole lounge is closed for cleaning from 3:00 to 5:00. The Platinum suite is within the main lounge without separate check-in facilities.
MH does have a stopover program which for some fares is even included in the ticket (not for 'business promo', I'm afraid) . I'd take advantage of that if you really want to sleep.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
There's also a slumber room for the quick snooze in both J and F sides of the lounges. F-lounge has individual mini bedrooms where as the J side has a walled off area with 3 couches.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by correctioncx
Thanks. I saw online there is a F Class lounge, so this is accesible for Oneworld EMD (even non MH)? I need a room to sleep and appears the lounge is open for 24 hours?
In which case your options are the airside hotel in the satellite terminal, or if you want something better then there's an attached (landside) airport hotel after immigration.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Was just there approx a week ago and no hot water in the ladies bathroom somhad a cold shower. Disappointing as i was so needing one after a tiring flight from australia.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Angry

Originally Posted by asheby
There's also a slumber room for the quick snooze in both J and F sides of the lounges. F-lounge has individual mini bedrooms where as the J side has a walled off area with 3 couches.
This looked very inviting on my recent visit however i had to leave due to the snoring of another guest usung the relaxation room!!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhomburg
edit: I think the whole lounge is closed for cleaning from 3:00 to 5:00. The Platinum suite is within the main lounge without separate check-in facilities.
MH does have a stopover program which for some fares is even included in the ticket (not for 'business promo', I'm afraid) . I'd take advantage of that if you really want to sleep.
I got in at 3.30 am last week and lounge was open. Not much cleaning going on around me either.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
This looked very inviting on my recent visit however i had to leave due to the snoring of another guest usung the relaxation room!!
Sincere apologies, I'll wear the nasal strips next time
(I'm only half joking, my last dentist appointment I had IV sedation and it was the sound of my own snoring that brought me back to consciousness!)
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Arriving in F from CDG but connecting in J to DPS, can we use the F lounge?

We are oneWorld emerald if that helps?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Arriving in F from CDG but connecting in J to DPS, can we use the F lounge?

We are oneWorld emerald if that helps?
OWE can always use any oneworld carrier F lounge regardless of class as long as you depart on a oneworld operated flight.

More to your specific queation, a gew weeks back I arrived from LHR in F and flew on to Singapore in C and had no problem. Just check if your flight departs from that terminal. (If not then you can still use the satellite lounge just need to make sure you are in the right terminal afterwards).

Globalist
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:52 pm

OW Sapphire here. What time of day is best for lounge hopping at KUL? have a choice of a 9.30 am flight or 2 pm flight. Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:53 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just returned from my first set of MH flights & the lounges at KLIA. What's with the lounges there?

I arrived at the desk (not busy with other guests) & after a cursory look at the BPs we were pointed to the left side of the desk - the J lounge. As a OW Emerald I had done my research & knew the F lounge was to the right - I queried as to access to the F lounge & the lounge, ahem, agent, just glared at me & said, "oh, OW Emerald? Over there"...pointing to my right. B***dy hell, CX at HKG, this aint Frankly, I wish we had stayed in the terminal & purchased food at one of the cafes.

The knowledge of the menu/wine etc. by the staff was really quite dreadful e.g. In the restaurant: me: "what wines do you have?" Staffer: "Red & white". Seriously? Anyway we had 2 glasses of lovely warm white . The food even worse. If this is the best they can do, then don't bother.

Oh, & the place was really quite dirty. There was so much built up dust & grime on the glass overlooking the tarmac it clearly hadn't been touched for weeks .

3 more trips to do through KLIA coming up. That'll teach me to choose price (MH) over quality (CX). Now, where's the Plaza Premium lounge

p.s. Thank gawd the flight crews & food & beverage on board were much better

Last edited by NoY; Oct 19, 2013 at 7:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.