Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by BacAi75
Hi, my connecting flight to Beijing MH378 is on a A330-300 airplane. I have heard that this is an older style medium haul plane, with no AVOD, and shorter seat pitch. Is this right ?
Unfortunately, it is the old A330-300. These planes only have the recliner type seats in business class and not the angled lie-flats that are found on the B777-200 and B747-400. MAS are starting to get their new A330-300s from April onwards but the first destination for these new planes is on the KUL-BNE sector starting in May. I think the KUL-PEK sector will get the new planes in June or July. You will get a portable entertainment unit as your AVOD.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: Enrich, Qantas
KUL-PEK on MH A330-300

Thank you doctorjosh. Pity that it is still the old ones. Anyway, I hope that we still have the same renowned nice MH service. I still cannot find the infor re: associate MH lounge in PEK.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:06 pm

Thank you doctorjosh. Pity that it is still the old ones. Anyway, I hope that we still have the same renowned nice MH service. I still cannot find the infor re: associate MH lounge in PEK.
From what I've heard, the MH crew feel embarrassed by the business class product on these old planes and they try just that little bit harder but all that will change this year when they get about 4 or 6 of these new A330-300s. They're getting 15 in total over the next few years. As for the associated lounge in PEK, I can't tell you which one it is but you'll be told when you check in in PEK.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:23 am

Showers in KLIA lounge

Thanks. Do they have showers in KLIA Lounge ? It will definitely freshen me up from the evening flight from Sydney.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Thanks. Do they have showers in KLIA Lounge ? It will definitely freshen me up from the evening flight from Sydney.
yes.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 8:41 am

Hi, my connecting flight to Beijing MH378 is on a A330-300 airplane. I have heard that this is an older style medium haul plane, with no AVOD, and shorter seat pitch. Is this right ?
Yes this aircraft does not have AVOD and has a slightly shorter seat pitch. Screens are the drop down type every few rows in Economy and Business you get a portable media player.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:39 pm

Sydney - Golden lounge

Hi all
I forgot to ask, that, in Sydney, is the location of Golden Lounge close to the usual departure gate ? (because my wife does not walk fast and dislikes long walk).
Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:38 am

Hi all
I forgot to ask, that, in Sydney, is the location of Golden Lounge close to the usual departure gate ? (because my wife does not walk fast and dislikes long walk).
Thanks
Yes it is. Nice and close. ^
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Re KLIA:

Mr. Megatop and I will arrive at KUL together from LGK in Business on MH, then we'll transit to an MH flight to BKK. For the onward flight, I'll be in Business, but Mr. Megatop will be in Y.

I'll have MH Golden Lounge access for myself, obviously. I assume the domestic Business arrival will not get Mr. Megatop into the Lounge. Can I bring him in as a guest of mine?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Can I bring him in as a guest of mine?
No, unless you have status with MH.

Do also note that MH has closed their lounge at LGK, and for short domestic flights within the peninsula you will only be served snacks in biz class.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:10 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
That's what I figured. Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:51 am

Smile Checkin at KL Sentral CAT

Hi
My wife and I intend to stop over at KL for 3 days on our return from PEK. On the last day, we will fly back to SYD on a night flight on MH.
I read that we can checkin at KL Sentral CAT. Can we check-in in the morning (say 11:00 am), and catch the KL Ekspress at 06:00pm ? Do they have baggage plastic wrapping at KL Sentral ?
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:06 am
Suspended

You need a KLIA Ekpress ticket before you are allowed though to the airlines check-in counters (which should not be a problem since you can pre-purchase the tickets in the morning)

Technically you can only check-in 4 hrs before your flight, but I am not sure whether it still holds since you can do online check-in 48hr before flight (i.e if it works, online check-in hasnt been working the past 24hrs )

I cant be absolutely sure (since I dont use them) but I thought I have seen the plastic baggage wrapping service at Sentral.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:15 am

Thanks mario33. Yeah I know. My friend nearly blow her blood vessel, because the online checkin is not working.
You see, we need to check out of the hotel at 10:00 am. I would like to checkin the luggages at CAT, and go back to city for a whole day stroll.
Can we checkin our luggages at KL Sentral CAT in the morning ? ie 10 hours ahead.
Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:47 am

Thumbs up Flight on MH - quite good experience

Thanks doctorjosh and mario33 for your advice. Everything happened as both of you described.
In SYD, MH Lounge is near gate 11 and departure in gate 10. Nice and close. Lounge quite small, but comfy.
Flight on 777-200 quite noisy. But FA are excellent, courteous with personal touch. The seat picth is incredibly large.
Arrived in KUL at 04:30am, Sattelite lounge quite large and open 24 hours. Some attendants are quite friendly and pro-active. We fell asleep on the couch, and we woke up with a blanket on us.
Shower with towels and amenities provided.
In PEK, Terminal 2, lounge is provided by the Airport Premier lounge. Nice and Comfy.
You are correct, doctorjosh, the A330-300 is quite old with mechanical seat. Good for regional but not long distance.
Back to SYD, on a 747. Seat pitch is smaller that 777. But less noisy on the upper deck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.