Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:06 pm

It was morning, very busy lounge.
I sat in the MH Plat roped off area (there was 1 or 2 other pax).
A very petite lounge dragon asked to see my BP (printed QF OWE) which I presented with a smile (while preparing to leave). The sign clearly stated MH Plat
She nicely explained, it was only for MH Plat but on this occasion will allow me access.
I thanked her. She then asked I would like Champagne (or any other drink) to which I replied Yes.
During the short stay, she asked if I would like refills while ejecting many others.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by poopbunny
It was morning, very busy lounge.
I sat in the MH Plat roped off area (there was 1 or 2 other pax).
A very petite lounge dragon asked to see my BP (printed QF OWE) which I presented with a smile (while preparing to leave). The sign clearly stated MH Plat
She nicely explained, it was only for MH Plat but on this occasion will allow me access.
I thanked her. She then asked I would like Champagne (or any other drink) to which I replied Yes.
During the short stay, she asked if I would like refills while ejecting many others.
Haha.. I guess I must look very entitled, on both occasion that I've used the area , I've sat there well early in the morning, before 7AM when I'm the only one and no one is guarding it yet...and even after the "guard" arrives, no one questions me about seeing my BP or any thing even when the area filled up and seats becomes scarce in the area. I'm "just" OWE.

Cheers!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:22 am

My friend who is part of the travel press that recently flew on the A350 from LHR-KUL as a guest of MH was told that the lounges are having capacity issues at peak times 'especially from QF and BA card holders'. I guess at the busy times they enforce the rules regarding the separate Plat area a little more than the quieter times.

I think however MH has brought this on themselves. I cannot understand why they had to close both the satellite J and F lounges at the same time. Surely it would have been more prudent to close one and do the work, keeping the other open. Then when the first is complete, close the other and do the work?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:55 am

The few times I managed to sneak a peak at the pax manifest map they have pinned up by the galley (inflight), I was always marked as Platinum (I've seen variations like MH Plat or Enrich Plat) never OWE or Emerald
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by poopbunny
The few times I managed to sneak a peak at the pax manifest map they have pinned up by the galley (inflight), I was always marked as Platinum (I've seen variations like MH Plat or Enrich Plat) never OWE or Emerald
That's strange, as my recent flight from KUL-LHR, I knew that some of the seats were free and upon boarding, I checked with the crew and they ran through the manifest with me to see which seats had the next seat empty and on this, I saw that I was listed as EMERALD. So unless the manifest is different for regional/domestic flights they don't use MH Plat to represent OWE members - this is as far as I know.

Cheers!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:43 pm

The cheat sheet in the galley lists “platinum” for all OWE. The manifest shows the full details. Crews are just applying the “emerald = platinum” logic to the cheat sheet to simplify things I guess.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
The cheat sheet in the galley lists “platinum” for all OWE. The manifest shows the full details. Crews are just applying the “emerald = platinum” logic to the cheat sheet to simplify things I guess.
But there doesn't seem to make a difference in the air even if you're OWE or Plat in premium cabins though :/
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by lowjhg
But there doesn't seem to make a difference in the air even if you're OWE or Plat in premium cabins though :/
The crew do know that you're a Plat/OWE. Whether they choose to make a difference is another story. It can be anything from stellar treatment to absolutely nothing. On many flights the most noticeable perk is being assured of your preferred main course.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by lowjhg
I've noticed that Enrich platinum (not OWE) get extra special treatment from the in-flight manager on flights over 3 hours.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by d00t
I've noticed that Enrich platinum (not OWE) get extra special treatment from the in-flight manager on flights over 3 hours.
Or if you are one of the higher Elite status holder within the cabin on a flight. I did not really take note, but indeed on my flight to HKG last Dec, I realized that the IFM did particularly greet me and asked me first for my main dish. I did not notice her going to other passengers and she did always check on me if I wanted anything throughout the flight. At that time I was using my BA card which I was "only" a Sapphire status and not my Emerald status.
On my LHR flight recently, I did not really notice any special treatment with my Emerald status and no greetings from the IFM - and I was not expecting it like ala CX.

Cheers!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
I have had flights where my BA Emerald status did get me some extra attention. I have also seen the galley cheat sheet putting me down as Platinum.

It happens but not as consistent as CX.
Globalist
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I think the thread may have gotten a bit off topic
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:07 pm

Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:10 pm

1. Lounge Opening 30th January 2018?
2. Now all Enrich Gold/Platinum can also use Golden Lounge for MH codeshare flights. No longer restricted to oneworld operated flight.
d00t likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by a.bakar
1. Lounge Opening 30th January 2018?
I last heard it's February from a friend, though I'm not holding my breath either way

Originally Posted by a.bakar
2. Now all Enrich Gold/Platinum can also use Golden Lounge for MH codeshare flights. No longer restricted to oneworld operated flight.
This has always been the semi-official rule especially with EK/SQ/MI-operated flights, depending on who's manning the desk. Glad to see they're making it official though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.