Wiki Posts
Search

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 6:36 am

FS Beijing - late 2012

http://www.fourseasons.com/beijing/
Old May 18, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by phantom862
Is the design and interior in the photos finalized? It looks very dull, esp in comparison with the new FS Pudong.
Old May 18, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by luxury
Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong now accepting reservations for arrival Sept 17, 2012. Preferred Partner amenities are:

Daily full breakfast for up to 2 in room guests per bedroom;
Upgrade of one category subject to availability at check-in*:
$100 USD Food and Beverage credit once per stay
Complimentary internet on suite bookings

*excluding signature suites and villas
I am definitely going to try this! The FS hardly ever dissapoints. Maybe give it 3 mths to run in. So far, other than Peninsula, I have not been that pleased with any luxury hotels offerings in Shanghai so far.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
I am definitely going to try this! The FS hardly ever dissapoints. Maybe give it 3 mths to run in. So far, other than Peninsula, I have not been that pleased with any luxury hotels offerings in Shanghai so far.
Although in Pudong, so very business oriented, I thought that the rooms and suites at FS Pudong were really original. Lots of red accents and very glamorous bathrooms - quite unlike the average FS. The views, too, are surprisingly good as they have 3-storey views from the indoor pool and equally good views from the club floor.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Is the design and interior in the photos finalized? It looks very dull, esp in comparison with the new FS Pudong.
FS Beijing was proposed in 2004 , designed by 2006 and has been in delay for about 6 years .....so it should look a bit dated .

I have heard that FS will be opening some more hotels in Turkey. :

In addition to a hotel proposed at Bodrum , there is a project proposed at Cesme .

FS Bodrum will be owned by Astay Group and they have finalized another FS near Bolu ( golf resort ).

Astay Group also owns land in Frankfurt somewhere near the Ziel where they will construct FS Frankfurt ( finally )

+ FS Sultanahmet will undergo expansion to increase its rooms to a 100
Old May 30, 2012, 4:57 am

Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou

The FS Guangzhou is finally opening on August 15 according to the website and it seems that the FS Barbados is going ahead
Old May 30, 2012, 9:34 am

Do you have a link for the Barbados info? I'd love to read more.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

again accepting reservations and opening is not same thing

funny they updated that before they finished site, never seen that before
also room comparison was up by apr 19 then down again by may 11 - never seen that before either

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
may 28 article >
http://www.caribbean360.com/index.ph...#axzz1wMyAzmRO

news >
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22fo...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAw

google >
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 30, 2012 at 10:00 am
Old May 31, 2012, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

guangzhou done now
$327 tower room 52m2
$374 premier room 70m2
$705 superior suite 113m2
$752 deluxe suite 124m2
? 2BR royal suite 253m2

beijing? did they gut before renovating?
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.94...gl=us&t=k&z=18

77 rooms, dont recall if thats been said before for tanzania, does match bilila

jan 19 >
baku...taking reservations from apr 15
jul 15 - baku
aug 15 - guangzhou
sep 1 - pudong
oct 1 - toronto
- stpetersburg
- beijing

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 9, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:06 am

Serengeti property is confirmed to be opening in early 2013, 77 rooms and each room features with private plunge pool.

Guangzhou, soft opening July 1st, not sure is it only for internal and media or to the public.

Shenzhen, China mid 2013, the main construction for building is close to the final stage.

Actually Beijing property is around 20 years old, its has changed ownership few times.

Pudong, Shanghai added "Pearl View" room in the category.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:18 pm

Links? Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:14 am

guangzhou done now
$327 tower room 52m2
$374 premier room 70m2
$705 superior suite 113m2
$752 deluxe suite 124m2
? 2BR royal suite 253m2

beijing? did they gut before renovating?
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.94...gl=us&t=k&z=18

77 rooms, dont recall if thats been said before for tanzania, does match bilila
Beijing FS was originally built as a hotel standard, shouldn't be a problem.

Guangzhou FS, most of the suites are located between 85 - 92nd floors, the floor size is became smaller on the higher floors.

Suzhou FS is designed architect Andre Fu, he is famous for Upper House project. Schedule opening in summer 2013.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:06 am

FS Santa Fe New Mexico Confirmed

http://press.fourseasons.com/news-re...fe-new-mexico/
Taking over management of Encantado, effective immediately. Looks to be opening soon.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:39 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aa213bb
http://press.fourseasons.com/news-re...fe-new-mexico/
Taking over management of Encantado, effective immediately. Looks to be opening soon.
Thank you for the update.

Unfortunately, I don't think FS will be able to fix the inherent shortcomings of this place (that mostly every room has a parking lot view, that the place is tiny with all of the facilities jammed together and that the main pool looks like something that would exist at a cheap apartment building complex).

Sigh, I long for the days when FS was actually interested in building new resorts and not just taking over another hotel chain's throw away (as in this place and the upcoming place in Tanzania). Sadly, FS seems to pretty much be focused on developing only business hotels these days.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:10 pm

Can there be too many Four Seasons? I keep asking myself this question, but as long as they keep having hotels that are top choices in their destination I can't complain! Shanghai, Vancouver and Atlanta were my three weakest stays, but they still had Four Seasons standards and feel.

I saw the Barbados property last summer from outside last summer. Logo and everything on front, but is the actual hotel actually build? Would be good to know. Really liked Barbados and would be great with Four Seasons there.

I think Four Seasons biggest challenge will be the Serengeti. 77 rooms. Omg. Must be the biggest safari lodge ever or since Kempinski left the property, if I'm not mistaken? Everyone I know from Serengeti says it's like a mission impossible. However Four Seasons always seems to know what they are doing. I'm still a huge fan, but the "By-Invitation" benefits could be better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.