Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
@airport transportation: Of course you pay with the hotels a heavy surcharge which can hardly be justified. But as with everything (I say this without judging) some are ready to pay it as they see additional value. Personally in a city like Paris I don't.
This can depend on various factors. If one is checking out before 4:00 pm (standard late checkout) and simply needs to get to the airport or elsewhere, for sure taxis or uber type services will offer better prices.

However, in cases of early arrival, late evening check out, and in cases where transfers include VIP immigration not otherwise included in one’s ticket, then it can add very substantial value. I am convinced in can even improve room allocation and upgrades for first time guests.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

This can depend on various factors. If one is checking out before 4:00 pm (standard late checkout) and simply needs to get to the airport or elsewhere, for sure taxis or uber type services will offer better prices.

However, in cases of early arrival, late evening check out, and in cases where transfers include VIP immigration not otherwise included in one’s ticket, then it can add very substantial value. I am convinced in can even improve room allocation and upgrades for first time guests.
No objection. Some of the factors you mentioned were reasons I did it in the past and I will probably do in the future.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:23 pm

Stayed at Hôtel Lutetia on Paris' Left Bank a couple months ago and absolutely loved it. It was during a weekend with lots of 'Gilets Jaunes' protests, so we were very happy to be on the good side of the Seine. Stayed in a Junior Suite, which was small, but very comfortable with a stunning bathroom with Hermès amenities.
Also very much appreciated the complimentary car service (Bentley Bentayga) that brought us to a museum on one morning and to a restaurant a couple kilometers away, on an evening which was recommended by the concierge and was absolutely amazing! Would really recommend it for people who regularly stay in Paris and want to try something else on the other side of the river!
SanDiego1K and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Our Paris visit has come and gone. The 5 nights at Hôtel de Crillon was perfect.

I can confirm the Range Rover is a LWB.

Last edited by amaroo; May 23, 2019 at 3:42 am
Old May 23, 2019, 7:28 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by amaroo
Our Paris visit has come and gone. The 5 nights at Hôtel de Crillon was perfect.

I can confirm the Range Rover is a LWB.
Love Crillon!
MikeFromTokyo and amaroo like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Just spent four perfect nights at the Crillon in a grand premier suite. Did not want to leave.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
For those interested I would recommend booking the RR for a half day trip to Giverny (Monet's house and garden) - just a magical place.

We were also lucky enough to get the Maybach as the complimentary car for 3/3 drives to restaurants.
scented and United747 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Looking about I havent seen discussion yet about Fauchon since its recent opening. Has anyone been able to stop in or stay?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Looking about I havent seen discussion yet about Fauchon since its recent opening. Has anyone been able to stop in or stay?
I will be doing a site inspection of Fauchon L'Hotel on 12AUG. In addition, I will be inspecting:

Splendide Royal
Sofitel Le Faubourg
Hotel du Louvre
Regina Louvre

... and I'll also be visiting Atelier des Lumieres (not a hotel, but passing along a recommendation). This exhibition is supposed to be most interesting. One of my colleagues described it as a highlight of her recent trip to France.
DrivingRain likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I'm curious to check out the JK Place when it opens. We now stay at the Crillon about 30-50 nights a year, so for various reasons we won't be changing things up, but JK always has an interesting take on things.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
I bet it will be very special. Judging from the Fachon bar I doubt it will be my cup of tea.
United747 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:42 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by sophialite
I'm curious to check out the JK Place when it opens. We now stay at the Crillon about 30-50 nights a year, so for various reasons we won't be changing things up, but JK always has an interesting take on things.
I've been to all the Italian properties and I don't believe the business plan is to challenge the Paris Palace Hotels such as Crillon, but rather to slide in very strongly in the boutique segment. Places like Relais Christine, Esprit St Germain etc should view JK as a strong competitor, especially for American customers.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:38 am

Yes but I'm a huge fan of exceptionally well done boutiques. Ett Hem in Stockholm is probably among my top 5 in the world.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by sophialite
Yes but I'm a huge fan of exceptionally well done boutiques. Ett Hem in Stockholm is probably among my top 5 in the world.
Without doubt there is a strong and high level market. Nevertheless I tend to agree that hotels like Crillon, George or Ritz are not really (strong) competitors to boutique hotels. It's (mailnly) another target group.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:02 am

Thanks. I'm just going to check it out. I'm not trying to compare the total addressible market for 5 star grand hotels in Paris and 5 star boutiques, or assess whether they overlap. And I'm not sure which of my posts prompted that line of thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.