Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Shorts in fall could be a little bit cold�� It could be nice 25 degree Celsius but also near 10 degree. So if he isn't very resistent there is a good chance the shorts-problem resolves itself.
United747 and kmd0506 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat
I am trying to find a super great deal for 1 night at one of the Paris palace hotels at the end of October- I might even prepay if the deal is good: Shangri-la, Ritz, Crillon, Peninsula, Royal Monceau and Le Bristol. I’ve never stayed at the Bristol, Crillon, Ritz or Peninsula, I like the SL and the RM, but not crazy about the locations. Not interested in the PA,FS, Foquets or Meurice. Thoughts would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:36 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by jman4321
I am trying to find a super great deal for 1 night at one of the Paris palace hotels at the end of October- I might even prepay if the deal is good: Shangri-la, Ritz, Crillon, Peninsula, Royal Monceau and Le Bristol. Ive never stayed at the Bristol, Crillon, Ritz or Peninsula, I like the SL and the RM, but not crazy about the locations. Not interested in the PA,FS, Foquets or Meurice. Thoughts would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Why don't you try out the Virtuoso.com booking engine. I've already set up this link to show Paris hotels that allow online booking. Just enter your dates and compare pricing. You can also adjust the filters to show promotional rates in additional Virtuoso rates.

Note: you typically won't get Virtuoso amenities at a pre-paid or non-Virtuoso promotional rate ... and the value of the amenities is more than you would save, especially for a one night booking. Promotions typically apply to multi-night stays.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by jman4321
I am trying to find a super great deal for 1 night at one of the Paris palace hotels at the end of October- I might even prepay if the deal is good: Shangri-la, Ritz, Crillon, Peninsula, Royal Monceau and Le Bristol. Ive never stayed at the Bristol, Crillon, Ritz or Peninsula, I like the SL and the RM, but not crazy about the locations. Not interested in the PA,FS, Foquets or Meurice. Thoughts would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Super great deal and Paris isn't a good pair. You may get a guaranteed upgrade, extras (free airport transfer) or (for you uninteresting) a 3 for 2 night but I doubt you find a really low or even mid rate.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Super great deal and Paris isn't a good pair. You may get a guaranteed upgrade, extras (free airport transfer) or (for you uninteresting) a 3 for 2 night but I doubt you find a really low or even mid rate.
The only exception I can think of would be a free night award at Prince de Galles, Park Hyatt Vendme, or the through LHW leaders club. Other than that, even a good deal is still relatively expensive. Its Paris after all.

Notwithstanding this, at least at the high end you really do get what you pay for in Paris. In this way, the top hotels are better value than mid priced ones targeting the mass market tourism market segment.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
We ended up going with Htel de Crillon for a 5 night stay next month, booked the suite retreat package - can confirm the guaranteed upgrade worked, we booked Deluxe Suite and have received confirmed upgrade to Premier Suite.

• Breakfast for two
  • Guaranteed upgrade
  • Early check-in guaranteed at time of booking
  • Complimentary round trip transfers
  • 2 cocktails at bar Les Ambassadeurs
  • €85 credit for use at Sense, A Rosewood Spa or any of the restaurants
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:30 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
P

Originally Posted by amaroo
We ended up going with Htel de Crillon for a 5 night stay next month, booked the suite retreat package - can confirm the guaranteed upgrade worked, we booked Deluxe Suite and have received confirmed upgrade to Premier Suite.
I don’t envy much. But I envy that stay! I can’t wait to hear what you think. Enjoy!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

I dont envy much. But I envy that stay! I cant wait to hear what you think. Enjoy!
Very impressed with the communication I've had with the hotel team. The trip is a birthday surprise for mrsamaroo, they've been very helpful arranging a few things for me.

Their cost for airport transfers is a little outrageous, but given it's included in the rate I went with the Range Rover Autobiography

- Mercedes S Class Maybach (3 passengers & 2 suitcases): The cost for this service is 365 each way, including a meet & greet service only for the arrival.

- Range Rover Autobiography (3 passengers & 5 suitcases): The cost for this service is 365 each way, including a meet & greet service only for the arrival.

- Mercedes V Class (up to 7 passengers & suitcases): The cost for this service is 315 each way, including a meet & greet service only for the arrival.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:30 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by amaroo
Very impressed with the communication I've had with the hotel team. The trip is a birthday surprise for mrsamaroo, they've been very helpful arranging a few things for me.

Their cost for airport transfers is a little outrageous, but given it's included in the rate I went with the Range Rover Autobiography
Tad OT, but is it an extended wheelbase Range Rover? Those prices are outrageous
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:51 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
- Mercedes S Class Maybach (3 passengers & 2 suitcases): The cost for this service is 365€ each way, including a meet & greet service only for the arrival.

- Range Rover Autobiography (3 passengers & 5 suitcases): The cost for this service is 365€ each way, including a meet & greet service only for the arrival.
No one can be surprised that a Paris Palace hotel like the Crillon might charge so much for an airport transfer. That being said, I’d have to go for the Maybach given the choices!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by United747
Tad OT, but is it an extended wheelbase Range Rover? Those prices are outrageous
Even a Mercedes E Class or similar vehicle provided by outsourced car services contacted by hotels is expensive in Paris. The Autobiography is, I believe, the top trim level available in Range Rover today. They can be either long wheelbase or standard, however as this is an hotel car I am sure it is the former.

Hotel car transfers are about much more than simple transportation. They add value by ensuring seamless service, and virtually guarantee early check in/late check out in practice. And, this service includes very valuable airside meet and greet service.

As this is Htel de Crillon we are talking about, most of their core clientele arent particularly price sensitive. 365 for Maybach is a bit less than le Bristol charges for the same.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Even a Mercedes E Class or similar vehicle provided by outsourced car services contacted by hotels is expensive in Paris. The Autobiography is, I believe, the top trim level available in Range Rover today. They can be either long wheelbase or standard, however as this is an hotel car I am sure it is the former.

Hotel car transfers are about much more than simple transportation. They add value by ensuring seamless service, and virtually guarantee early check in/late check out in practice. And, this service includes very valuable airside meet and greet service.

As this is Htel de Crillon we are talking about, most of their core clientele arent particularly price sensitive. 365 for Maybach is a bit less than le Bristol charges for the same.
Correct, autobiography is the top trim. But Id take the Merc unless its the EWB Range Rover.

Agree about the benefits of the transfer. The convenience is worth it in a lot of cities!
MikeFromTokyo and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Ive taken both the Maybach and the Range Rover. I prefer the Range Rover. The Maybach feels too much like just another S class.

re the hotelI booked the exact same package (and room) for next month but for four nights. It stacks with Citi Prestige so I get the fourth night free. Im hoping to pull off an extra upgrade to grand premier suite so lets see.

I actually havent tried the other high end hotels in Paris, though might try the George V later this year.
MikeFromTokyo and scented like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:31 am

FWIW I went for the RR because I believe one should avoid stooping when in public
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin

No one can be surprised that a Paris Palace hotel like the Crillon might charge so much for an airport transfer. That being said, Id have to go for the Maybach given the choices!
If you don't travel with many suitcases. I had 3 and it didn't really fit in a S-Class trunk what brought me problems at the airport. Funny enough in an A6 limousine it fitted...... So when on a bigger journey I will book Vitos or similar in the future.

@airport transportation: Of course you pay with the hotels a heavy surcharge which can hardly be justified. But as with everything (I say this without judging) some are ready to pay it as they see additional value. Personally in a city like Paris I don't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.