Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:20 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by DSI
I’ve never enjoyed breakfasts at any hotel in Paris to date. Bad coffee across the board. That’s part of the reason I’d probably not stay again in the major hotels discussed in this forum again.

A good oof breakfast means a lot to me, and a good coffee all the more so. If I have to get that at a local cafe then I’d rather stay near said cafes.
The breakfast at the Park Hyatt is excellent. Try their Pain Perdu. It is so good that I requested the recipe.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

any recommended breakfast special requests at paris luxury hotels ?

MacMyDay, is peninsula's french toast still "best I've ever had" ?

re coffee, this seemed to explain it well >

Originally Posted by aa213bb
I'm trying to recall a single hotel that has had good, much less excellent coffee, and I am struggling.

Most espressos/espresso-based drinks are just simply not good. At all. And drip/pour-over/French Press are usually worse.

We seek out third-wave spots in almost every location we visit, to try and "get our fix".
can ask to see if there are any hotel staff with same taste
(this could apply to many different areas of interest)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 16, 2018 at 12:37 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:13 pm
Original Member

Breakfast at the Saint James is terrific. The haute restaurant there is quite good but much too fussy for my taste.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
MacMyDay, is peninsula's french toast still "best I've ever had" ?
You bet. I was actually staying at The Connaught on Friday and was commending their pastry chefs efforts for French toast, as it is superb. But still not quite at The Peninsula Paris level.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice! when was last visit? hard to believe it is 2 years since original post
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
nice! when was last visit? hard to believe it is 2 years since original post
As vuittonsofstyle mentioned, the food at Crillon is not really up to scratch yet (great dinner, good breakfast, awful lunch), but it was substantially worse at the Ritz. So we also visited Peninsula Paris in August this year, but last stayed in Feb last year for Valentine's. Disgustingly romantic of me.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Any comments on how Plaza Athenee stacks up to the other palaces such as Hotel De Crillon etc ?

I don't see it mentioned very much on this forum.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
Any comments on how Plaza Athenee stacks up to the other palaces such as Hotel De Crillon etc ?

I don't see it mentioned very much on this forum.
I love Plaza Athénée, especially in the summer when you can dine in the courtyard. It is even better this year - beautifully refurbished and with great food and service. If you are looking for a traditional option, then this is hard to beat. Miles ahead of Le Meurice, too.
MikeFromTokyo and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I love Plaza Athénée, especially in the summer when you can dine in the courtyard. It is even better this year - beautifully refurbished and with great food and service. If you are looking for a traditional option, then this is hard to beat. Miles ahead of Le Meurice, too.
And often they have relative reasonable rates
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by offerendum
And often they have relative reasonable rates
... and 4th Night Free from January 1 - April 30, combinable with Diamond Club amenities (guaranteed upgrade to the Jr. Suite level), 100€ credit that can come off the room rate, full breakfast in the Alain Ducasse restaurant, and free premium internet for unlimited devices.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DavidO
... and 4th Night Free from January 1 - April 30, combinable with Diamond Club amenities (guaranteed upgrade to the Jr. Suite level), 100€ credit that can come off the room rate, full breakfast in the Alain Ducasse restaurant, and free premium internet for unlimited devices.
In the past was 3rd night free but till not bad
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:07 pm

Awful news from Paris... never expected these so-called 'protests' to end up like this. Just heard that Prince de Galles closed the main entrance to the hotel with their windows boarded up to avoid looting and damage, completely inaccessible. Interestingly, it appears FS George V a few steps away did not, though have heightened their security measures accordingly. In this situation, the location of many Parisian luxury hotels is strategically bad sadly. Most affected seem to be Prince de Galles, George V, the Peninsula, Le Bristol and Rosewood Crillon. Park Hyatt and MO should do fine, although we never know. It's a shame really what's happening there.
FlyerEC and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
Awful news from Paris... never expected these so-called 'protests' to end up like this. Just heard that Prince de Galles closed the main entrance to the hotel with their windows boarded up to avoid looting and damage, completely inaccessible. Interestingly, it appears FS George V a few steps away did not, though have heightened their security measures accordingly. In this situation, the location of many Parisian luxury hotels is strategically bad sadly. Most affected seem to be Prince de Galles, George V, the Peninsula, Le Bristol and Rosewood Crillon. Park Hyatt and MO should do fine, although we never know. It's a shame really what's happening there.
Yes, it´s a shame. Not 100% surprising to be honest....
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Yes, it´s a shame. Not 100% surprising to be honest....
Not surprising in the slightest, it’s the same old story in Paris. They really need better riot suppression in this city, as this is an ongoing problem.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Not surprising in the slightest, it’s the same old story in Paris. They really need better riot suppression in this city, as this is an ongoing problem.
Without Question. Wouldn´t also be wrong to do more against the causes of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.