Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 8:47 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Outdoor lave shower at Four Seasons Hualalai
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:41 pm

Thought I'd update this fun thread:

Dolder Grand, Zurich. Simply divine, with views over the city and lake.

St. Regis New York. The shower stall was a bit small, but the pressure was amazing and Remede products are my favorites.

St. James Montreal. Hated the hotel, but what a great shower.

Savoy. As others have said.

JW Marriott DC. I only mention this hotel for their Presidential Suite (1231) which has the same "smart" shower as the Dolder. Eight "nozzles," steam, light, music, and a million other unnecessary but fun features.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Glad you revived this thread.

I agree: the best in the world are at the Dolder Grand.

#2 would be Amangiri, where even the basic rooms have huge, walk-in shower rooms with opposing shower heads for two, and with views out onto the surrounding landscape.

#3: The huge shower room with its double shower heads in the Amantaka Suite.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:22 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Groombridge
Glad you revived this thread.

I agree: the best in the world are at the Dolder Grand.

#2 would be Amangiri, where even the basic rooms have huge, walk-in shower rooms with opposing shower heads for two, and with views out onto the surrounding landscape.

#3: The huge shower room with its double shower heads in the Amantaka Suite.
^
& for # 3 Also at Amantaka 's spa for all to enjoy & you can ' book ' the whole area - jacuzzi / steam / sauna, etc just for your party
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:32 pm

Badrutts palace St Moritz.....just superb pressure and volume.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
For outdoor showers my favorites are Jumby Bay [pic] and Ritz-Carlton Dorado Beach [pic].

To be a perfect outdoor shower it must have great water pressure, a bench for all my necessities, a place to hang my towel, true privacy (meaning it has to feel private, in addition to being private), and tropical views (but not too much of a jungle / nature vibe). This combination is surprisingly hard to find!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:42 pm

Absolutely love, Loved, LOVED our shower at MO Paris. Plenty of space, great pressure, great temperature, AND they had a mirror so I could shave. Wish all properties would do that.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Absolutely love, Loved, LOVED our shower at MO Paris. Plenty of space, great pressure, great temperature, AND they had a mirror so I could shave. Wish all properties would do that.
Sounds like the great shower at the PH Paris. Offers everything you mentioned.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
My favorite is the shower at the Skylofts in Vegas. Huge steam shower with jets/water coming out from every angle imaginable and a large bench, with great views of the strip
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:45 pm

The first who come to my mind are:
- Amanzoé, with the high glass ceiling and double shower head
- Connaught London in the modern rooms with the rainforest shower head
- for the size alone I would say Conservatorium Amsterdam and Shangri-La Paris
- for the decor I would say Bvlgari London, I love the black marble with the wooden floor

Outdoor shower => usually I don't really like it but Four Seasons Mauritius was great, more like a waterfall.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Most interesting was US Grant San Diego (Signature Suite). A 3x3 m (10x10 foot) room with 6 shower heads

Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Worst shower by far was in Coober Pedy, Australia (forgot hotel... certainly not luxury). Shower head plugged by hard water deposits with the exception of three holes. If you stood in the center all three individual streams of water missed you.

One of the best is a Park Suite at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Nothing fancy, just volume, volume, volume + pressure.

Also, in my humble opinion, it is hard to beat a good old Speakman Anystream brass shower head with flow restrictor removed and high pressure to back it up.

Last edited by schriste; Feb 3, 2014 at 7:25 am
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Both the Kameha Grand in Bonn and the Excelsior in Cologne have shower/bath combo rooms in the suites which are almost big enough for a group shower/bath. By this I mean they have a shower and behind that a separate bath all enclosed in the same enclosure. Theoretically someone can be in the bath while the other is in the shower all behind the same glass door. The only annoying thing is that you can't turn on the rain shower and the hand shower at the same time.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by NYTA
Both the Kameha Grand in Bonn and the Excelsior in Cologne have shower/bath combo rooms in the suites which are almost big enough for a group shower/bath. By this I mean they have a shower and behind that a separate bath all enclosed in the same enclosure. Theoretically someone can be in the bath while the other is in the shower all behind the same glass door. The only annoying thing is that you can't turn on the rain shower and the hand shower at the same time.
I try to avoid this Combos, not my cup of tea.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:08 am

I'll give my vote to the PH Vendome. Love the shower with the sink and tub all close together.

Worst vote of recent memory if the Ritz in Toronto. Terrible water-saving shower heads so you get no pressure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.