FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/760658-best-shower-luxury-hotel-avoid.html)

riced Nov 25, 2007 2:19 am

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

I nominate the Ritz Carlton Singapore. Fantastic shower head with excellent pressure. Also a very large separate shower stall with plenty of space. Water conservationists beware!;)

PETEFLYS Nov 25, 2007 3:16 am

Originally Posted by riced (Post 8784139)
I nominate the Ritz Carlton Singapore. Fantastic shower head with excellent pressure. Also a very large separate shower stall with plenty of space. Water conservationists beware!;)

just returning from this Hotel yesterday I will second this place

MikeBOS Nov 25, 2007 7:47 am

For me, first would be the Savoy in London (any room with a stall shower), second would be St. Regis SF. Both have rainfall showers with lots of water pressure.

kmklint Nov 25, 2007 9:20 am

Hilton Garden Inn, Effingham, Illinois, USA

Overall a good hotel. But the shower head is fair with lousy water pressure. I suspect its a water saver shower head. Also the shower stall has no lip so water just runs out onto the bathroom floor making a mess. My guess is all there stalls are handicap friendly. One final gripe, the light in the shower stall is shockingly bright which does not make for a relaxing experience at all.

aa4ever Nov 25, 2007 9:26 am

Grand Hyatt Tokyo - amazing showers. Raindrop kind, of course, with lots of pressure. The MO l DC also has great showers. Strangely, though, other MOs I've stayed in have significantly worse showers (LMO, Bangkok and others). The spa showers at the LMO though are great. Also, the famous showers at the Terminal A DFW Admirals Club are amazing!

luxury Nov 25, 2007 10:56 am

All the showers at Four Seasons hotels I have stayed at have had excellent showers. The RC SIN and the Savoy, too, were memorable in a excellent sense.

The ones which stand-out beyond those for me are:

Majestic Barriere, Cannes: several body sprays nozzles which are adjustable made for a fantastic shower.

Crillon, Paris: rain-fall shower with excellent flow and a bench to sit while being doused with water was excellent

Fullerton, Singapore: Rain-fall shower in a spacious shower stall makes for a fantastic shower.

SkyLofts, Las Vegas: Perhaps the best yet -- rain-fall shower with body jets AND steam capability... simply heaven

zigzag Nov 25, 2007 11:07 am

Best Shower

The shower in the Master Suite at Tirta Ening Residence at Begawan Giri Estate in Bali Indonesia. The Bath tub was killer as well!

SASfan Nov 25, 2007 2:05 pm

Grand Hyatt Berlin for me!

unagi1 Nov 25, 2007 2:22 pm

A couple come to mind:

I liked the outdoor shower in the ground level units at the Four Seasons Hualalai on the Big Island of Hawaii, and also the so-called "rain showers" at the Crowne Plaza in KUL.

kingalien Nov 25, 2007 3:03 pm

Not a whole lot of experience but the most spectacular I've had was at the Halekulani in HNL.

ether Nov 25, 2007 3:12 pm

Grand Hyatt Singapore

Upgraded to a huge executive suite last year. They have many suites, and not all of them have this shower, but the suite with the kitchen and the office between the bedroom and living room has a huge shower with option for steam---never knew a steam shower could be so amazing! I took three showers a day just to use the steam feature!

riced Nov 25, 2007 7:54 pm

Avoid the Eastern & Oriental Hotel in Penang. The shower (rainfall) looks good, but the flow actually stops completely during periods of high demand. The GM said it was a systemwide issue.

Nachria Nov 25, 2007 8:12 pm

My favorite showers in hotels:

Claridge's
Amangani
outdoor showers at the Four Seasons Chang Mai
Amankora showers
Ritz-Carlton Bali villa showers

johnep1 Nov 25, 2007 8:33 pm

I like the showers in the spa at the Hyatt Kauai. The outdoor shower in the presidential villa at the Le Meridien Khao Lak was also quite nice.

RichardInSF Nov 25, 2007 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by kmklint (Post 8785088)
Hilton Garden Inn, Effingham, Illinois, USA

Overall a good hotel. But the shower head is fair with lousy water pressure. I suspect its a water saver shower head. Also the shower stall has no lip so water just runs out onto the bathroom floor making a mess. My guess is all there stalls are handicap friendly. One final gripe, the light in the shower stall is shockingly bright which does not make for a relaxing experience at all.

Too bad about that, because otherwise it sounds like this hotel would be right up there with the best in the world. :):):)