Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:14 pm

IC HKG (good size, pressure, steam)
L'Hotel GRU (best pressure ever)

Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Too bad about that, because otherwise it sounds like this hotel would be right up there with the best in the world.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:39 am

My favourite showers are the ones at the LMO in HK - large, rainfall showers with good pressure and lots of space.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 4:02 am

Great rainfall shower with amazing pressure at the Faena in Buenos Aires.

Other great showers - Trisara (Phuket), FS Sayan (Bali), Fairmont Mayakoba (Mexico), St Regis San Fran

Worst showers are anything over a bath (why do some luxury hotels think this is OK?) - For example the Pierre (NY), Ian Schrager properties.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

The Peace Lodge in Costa Rica.

The bathroom was as big as the room and there were three different bathing areas..... a waterfall cascading out of the rock wall, a stone lined shower with three shower heads, and a large jacuzzi.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:01 am

Hilton Hamburg, Germany.
Endless hot water, rain shower, no shower door or curtain.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:26 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
For me, first would be the Savoy in London (any room with a stall shower), second would be St. Regis SF. Both have rainfall showers with lots of water pressure.
+1 for the St. Regis in San Francisco.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Best: Park Hyatt Milan
Worst: Ritz Carlton Laguna Beach (I absolutely love the hotel and like the decor of the bathroom but the water pressure is a joke!)
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:40 pm

Programs: A Few
Regent South Beach has excellent showers...

4 or 5 body sprays, rain shower head above, bench for sitting, oodles of water pressure and a huge shower enclosure.^^
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Two good ones in Germany: Park Hyatt Hamburg and the Ritz Carlton Wolfsburg.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
Regent South Beach has excellent showers...
OT but FYI, for some unknown reason this property only flew the Regent flag for a VERY short amount of time. It is now the Vincci South Beach. Confusing! http://www.vinccihoteles.com/content...esentacion.php
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
RC Palm Beach (post-reno of course). There are many multi-nozzle showers these days, but few surround you on 3 sides.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
The Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai has water blasting at three different angles -- the "rain" large-head vertical flow, three horizontal body jets, and a traditional high angled head -- which is a slice of indulgence.

Hyatt has done a nice job upgrading their showers, too. I've had some great ones lately in Istanbul, Dubai (Park Hyatt), Amman, and even Crystal City, VA.

The worst is the Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi. Beautiful bathrooms (I am talking about the Royal tower), but all of the different shower designs are bizarre, and in most cases inevitably leave huge puddles on the floor. I have seen a lot of these messy scenarios in luxury properties in Europe and the Middle East.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:55 pm

Suites at Pelican Bay at Lucaya have clawfoot tubs with a rain shower head directly overhead. It's just very enjoyable in a barefoot Bahamas way.

Park Hyatt Tokyo's glass shower stall is lovely. Come to think of it, the glass shower stall at Park Hyatt Sydney was also nice, and the water pressure was great.

If you love a good shower, avoid St. Regis Aspen. Our "upgraded" room featured a tub/shower combo with cheap fittings, bad water pressure and water temperature constantly fluctuating between scalding and freezing. Horrible.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by kmklint
Hilton Garden Inn, Effingham, Illinois, USA

Overall a good hotel. But the shower head is fair with lousy water pressure. I suspect its a water saver shower head. Also the shower stall has no lip so water just runs out onto the bathroom floor making a mess. My guess is all there stalls are handicap friendly. One final gripe, the light in the shower stall is shockingly bright which does not make for a relaxing experience at all.
For a minute I thought you were talking about the best, and I burst out laughing out loud. Then I figured it out.

But I grew up near Effingham, so it was nice to see anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.