Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 3:14 pm

Executive suites at the Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam, an otherwise undistinguished place, has showers that shoot water at you from all sorts of heights and angles. Yeah, there are a few other places that offer these showers, but none that are just a block away from the Greenhouse Coffeeshop.

The combination of the two makes for an extraordinary experience.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 3:59 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Shower room at SPA at FS Langkawi. I did not even manage to turn it off myself. Wow!

Worst was the shower at FS Koh Samui. No pressure at all!
Old Mar 27, 2008, 4:02 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Ritz Carlton cliff villa was the best in "room" shower experience that I had with Park Hyatt Berlin as a strong number 2.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:23 am

Most amazing showers

So agree about Four Seasons Tented Camp outdoor showers - huge, powerful rainfall style with views of Burma and Laos.

Also amazing showers in:-

Trisara -Phuket
Suites in The Oberoi Amarvilas - massive indoor/outdoor showers with Taj Mahal views!
Apartments at Hotel Arts Barcelona
Cotswold House Hotel, UK - mood-lit shower head, egg bath & TV in suite
For Seasons Langkawi beach villas (huge walk in shower rooms)
Chewton Glen, Hampshire, UK - his and hers powerful shower-heads in large walk-in showers
Amansara, Cambodia (looks out onto your private courtyard/pool)
RC Millennia, Singapore - for the views!
Four Seasons Resort Carmelo, Uruguay - very Aman-like with outdoor shower, too
The Princess Lilian suite at The Grand Stockholm - huge, blue and starlit.
Amanwana, Moyo - because it was an engineering miracle to get water here, let alone have a really powerful walk-in shower.
The Setai - Miami - huge and sexy
The new Presidential suite at Vier Jahreszeiten Munich - outrageously decadent
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:22 am

The three best I've experienced so far:
1. Bar au Lac, Zurich. Not only great water pressure but huge water volume.
2. Sandy Lane, Barbados. Amazing, could be #1
3. Ritz Carlton, Singapore. Good but does not come close to the two above.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Has anyone come across a hotel shower equipped with Dombracht's RainSky system?

http://www.uncrate.com/men/home/bed-...nsky-e-shower/

I read somewhere that Etihad has them in their new F lounge in AUH
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, so this one is only for those outside the US and Canada — unless you want to go against building codes
pretty sure ive seen the same/similar things marketed in US...

http://www.mahmoudieh.com/press.html
Dornbracht, the leading bathroom fittings designers, have supplied the shower units that provide a real downpour. With a requirement of 40-50l of water per minute, recent commissions for Park Hyatt hotels in Seoul and Beijing had to restrict the use of these shower units to suites only due to limitations in warm water supply during the hotel peak of 7.00-11.00am. Such restrictions mean the unobtrusive RainSky™ units will probably most likely been seen as signature pieces in the senior suites and spa areas of luxury hotels.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 30, 2008 at 9:20 pm
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:19 pm

#1 Amangani Shower. LOVE the view and the glass-bottled aromatic shampoo and slate floor.
#2 Princeville Junior Suites with views of Bali Hai!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Has anyone come across a hotel shower equipped with Dombracht's RainSky system?

http://www.uncrate.com/men/home/bed-...nsky-e-shower/

I read somewhere that Etihad has them in their new F lounge in AUH
That looks a lot like the rain showers they have at the spa at the LMO. They have like 2 of them -- one cold and one hot. And there are synchronized lights. But, it may be different.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:16 am

well.......i have to say this and i have to add that i have yet to totally convince myself too..but nowadays i am very aware of using TOO MUCH WATER !! .so i guess an efficient shower head which is powerfull and at the same time water saving gets my vote.......so sorry guys they could have a NIGARA fall shower head but i just cant sleep well after that !!.....,.for a :bath"exeperience i would just go to the communal spa in the hotel.. ...which doesnt give quite the same exeperience but most definately i feel alot less guilty
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Ritz Carlton Singapore, I recall being very good, as were the ones during a recent stay at The Rasa Sayang, Penang. Can also remember the giant walk in shower in one of the horizon floor suites at the KL Shangri La was great- with large bottles of Aigner toiletries.

Most disappointing (not the worst, by a long shot) was the walk-in shower at the Valley Wing at the Shangri La Singapore. An average sized cubicle, with a very poor overhead rain shower - seemed to fire thin lines of water all over place but insufficient vertically, you can switch over to a conventional shower by way of a lever. The conventional shower wasn't bad but it looked like one you pick up from B & Q for £19.99. Overall, perfectly adequate as a shower, clean and comfy, but we were definitely expecting something better.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
No one has mentioned the PH Vendome - I love their showers! Maybe it was just the toiletries scent, but...

The Peace Hotel sounds awesome - gotta check that out!!
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
St Regis Beijing! We have commented on that shower numerous times....and still today, when travelling, we comment on our current hotel's good shower "....but not as good as Beijing!"
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by brendamc
No one has mentioned the PH Vendome - I love their showers! Maybe it was just the toiletries scent, but...

The Peace Hotel sounds awesome - gotta check that out!!
PHPV showers are actually nice, because of the nice sink and mirror integrated into the shower. Nothing like being able to shave properly !

Worst shower - at Blakes (Dylan) in Amsterdam - high concept design that pretty much floods the bathroom every time you take the shower (at least in the newer rooms).
Old Dec 10, 2008, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897895 thanks mecabq ^

PH Istanbul - Park Spa King (with Dornbracht RainSky) for $280 over NYE

PH Istanbul specifically mentions RainSky in room descriptions, while PH Seoul and Beijing do not.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 10, 2008 at 6:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.