Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Peninsula New York

I would also nominate the Hotel Ala in Venice (a Best Western hotel). It was not a luxury hotel and the shower stall was small, but I felt like I was standing under Niagara Falls.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
I'll second the Crillon, and add the outside showers at Cap Juluca, Anguilla.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 2:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Lifetime TE
Originally Posted by Nachria
My favorite showers in hotels:

Claridge's
Amangani
outdoor showers at the Four Seasons Chang Mai
Amankora showers
Ritz-Carlton Bali villa showers
Don't know the others--but Claridge's is at the top of my list too!
Old Dec 1, 2007, 3:58 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
London: Renaissance Chancery Court
Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
No hotel could possibly beat the fantastic six power nozzle showerheads in the showers at the Graves 601 Hotel in Minneapolis (formerly, Le Meridien Minneapolis). It was the first hotel to employ the Art + Tech design.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 7:19 am

Programs: OnePass
Stafford shower

The shower at my suite in the Mews area of the Stafford Hotel in London was phenomenal, and the bath was lovely as well.

Ellen Craig

Last edited by ellencraig; Dec 5, 2007 at 7:20 am Reason: forgot to specify city
Old Dec 16, 2007, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
great shower at the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires. Rain showerhead and the door closes completely so it gets nice and steamy. Good water pressure and nice heat control
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:50 pm

Definitely the high-tech but calming shower (and rock tub) in the Ambassador suite of the Park Hyatt Seoul...the bathroom with the best view in this part of the world at least....
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:19 am

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium
Mandarin Oriental Tokyo.

Has the usual rain showerhead, standard wall mounted shower, and hand shower. Spacious design with shaving mirror mounted on the wall. While the shower is in a separate space, the "wet area" of the bathroom continues to the tub area, so one can go directly into the tub after showering (Asian style). You also don't need to open a door after showering and no issues of water getting on the bathroom floor.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 7:10 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
The Bellagio Spa. Rain showerhead, hand shower and side jets. Modern color changing LED lighting as well.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by unagi1
A couple come to mind:

I liked the outdoor shower in the ground level units at the Four Seasons Hualalai on the Big Island of Hawaii, and also the so-called "rain showers" at the Crowne Plaza in KUL.
The outdoor lava shower at Hualalai is by far the nicest shower I have seen.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by zedthedeadpoet
The Bellagio Spa. Rain showerhead, hand shower and side jets. Modern color changing LED lighting as well.
I haven't stayed in any of the hotels mentioned in this thread, but I have used the shower at the Bellagio spa and it is awesome.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Pick a room, any room, at the American Club in Kohler, WI and get a great shower. The suites have some of the fanciest versions made my the Kohler Co. and are a great place to do some "product testing". Also, the "toilet museum" next door (as my wife calls it) - actually the Design Center - is also very cool. And the men's locker room at Whistling Straits has some awesome shower facilities for post-round clean up.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:43 pm

FS Tented Camp
RC Barcelona
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Another vote for FS Tented Camp @ Golden Triangle. Outdoor, rain shower, staring into Burma. I make a point of taking 2 showers every day, and a soak in the copper tub every night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.