best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 1:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
We are largely recovered domestically (thankfully and hopefully forever) from the pandemic, wondering if the local crowds will start going back for staycations. I myself have one booked this upcoming 4-day long weekend

Rates are aggressive here and there. For example, I'm seeing TUH as low as HK$1,950 (with $500 credit back) and Rosewood as low as HK$2570 (with $1000 back and $1000 more in shopping vouchers and full Manor Club access)
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
We are largely recovered domestically (thankfully and hopefully forever) from the pandemic, wondering if the local crowds will start going back for staycations. I myself have one booked this upcoming 4-day long weekend

Rates are aggressive here and there. For example, I'm seeing TUH as low as HK$1,950 (with $500 credit back) and Rosewood as low as HK$2570 (with $1000 back and $1000 more in shopping vouchers and full Manor Club access)
May I ask where do you find those rates please (TUH in particular)? I have been looking around and found most of the rates are still fairly high. I almost booked Rosewood with their staycation package but decided against it since manor club is still closed.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by OWHKG2016
May I ask where do you find those rates please (TUH in particular)? I have been looking around and found most of the rates are still fairly high. I almost booked Rosewood with their staycation package but decided against it since manor club is still closed.
To be fair it's a 2nd night free offer...might even go lower if they lower the BAR next month

Another deal I found - StR HK is selling ~22% off vouchers (HK$688 for $888 value) applicable for both F&B and/or room rates. Not sure if it works for all room rates, but I see its entry level suite going for $4,800 or so a night with breakfasts and 4pm checkout included. Discount that by 22% and it's a fairly sweet deal as well (MR points applicable for both the vouchers and the residual value post applying the vouchers)
Old Apr 30, 2020, 3:15 am

To be fair it's a 2nd night free offer...might even go lower if they lower the BAR next month

Another deal I found - StR HK is selling ~22% off vouchers (HK$688 for $888 value) applicable for both F&B and/or room rates. Not sure if it works for all room rates, but I see its entry level suite going for $4,800 or so a night with breakfasts and 4pm checkout included. Discount that by 22% and it's a fairly sweet deal as well (MR points applicable for both the vouchers and the residual value post applying the vouchers)
thanks mate! Sadly these are not available for my dates but if the virus situation continues abroad longer, I guess we all have time to explore all the local staycations for the rest of the year
Old May 2, 2020, 8:21 am

just an update - the st Regis vouchers are very restrictive. If you book any sort of room packages, you cannot use the vouchers. And you can also not use the dining credit in combination of the vouchers. So they really are only good if you plan to dine there only, not really suitable for staycations sadly
offerendum likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 7:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Forget about StR vouchers - latest Bonvoy sale I’m seeing StR entry level suites at $3.3k up with breakfasts included (a blog reported HK$2,650 but I never found that price); RC at $3.3k up and club access included for entry level suite, etc. (rest are not luxury hotels anyway). I believe from today onwards the hotels are reopening all their facilities as well? Let’s see if we would see a price war soon

(And oh yeah maybe already for long with the HK$1,010/night offer at Penin this weekend...whoever that was lucky enough to snap them up - believe they were gone in less than an hour)

I was at some major luxury hotel last weekend and they were at (I guess) 80% occupancy? Which is probably a record high for them lol. The service was downright bad and disappointing with very poor service recovery but that’s another story.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:58 pm

Restricted to Hong Kong staycations through Covid, following is a bit of a summary of the current Hong Kong hotel scene based on our experiences at Four Seasons, Rosewood, Upper House, Mandarin Oriental, Grand Hyatt and St Regis.

Best All Rounder: Four Seasons (only just)

Despite it being quite tired vs. The Rosewood, Four Seasons just gets the nod (vs. Rosewood) as the best all round hotel (meaning access to great restaurants within the hotel, great pool, location etc are important). Main reasons for this are location (still prefer HK side), service which is still far warmer and more personalised than Rosewood, outstanding restaurants, better breakfast, and excellent pool (with more lounges so guaranteed access when busy and less wind).

The Rosewood is also a great option. Rooms, design and views are clearly far superior at the Rosewood vs. Four Seasons, pool area is spectacular but maybe hard to get a lounge when busy. Service is still a bit functional.

Best Value: Grand Hyatt

Whilst not considered in the same league as the top hotels by this forum, we found the grand hyatt to be excellent. Harbour view from rooms is outstanding, club lounge is excellent, breakfast delicious, rooms much better after renovation and pool fantastic (really like a resort). If you plan to use the hotel for both sightseeing and relaxation by the pool, this is a seriously good option at a decent price.

Best Service: The Upper House

This isn't even a contest, The Upper House absolutely destroy's the competition when it comes to service, personalisation and making the experience feel special. The rooms are also absolutely stunning. The Upper house lacks for facilities, if this is not important to you, the Upper House is definitely the place to stay.

Biggest Disappointment: Mandarin Oriental

Unfortunately the Mandarin was a let down. So many service issues you wouldn't expect from the Mandarin, breakfast average - we might have just got a bad stay, but it really didn't work. On the positive side, rooms were really quite nice and quality of massage excellent.

Rosewood and St Regis

Both excellent. Can't go wrong staying at either really. Both are new and stylish, Rosewood maybe a bit younger and more hip. Both have excellent restaurants, service at St Regis more polished, location and pool maybe a determining factor.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:04 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Nice summary.

Did a stay at Mandarin Oriental a few months back and really loved it (no competition though when it comes to some of the better properties in the city IMO). I'll do the full review shortly.
Just waiting on my colleague to do another stay in early February as they have a few new updates since even I last stayed there (new Club Lounge, new restaurants etc).
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Agreed UH definitely best service, although many others are very close seconds.

I've always had great experiences at MO. It may be a little dated compared to other properties, but sometimes with a third night free deal it's hard to pass up.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I prefer the MO Landmark (which is now a quarantine hotel, iirc) over the old MO. No contest when it comes to the decor, and location + service is essentially the same.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Dave510
I prefer the MO Landmark (which is now a quarantine hotel, iirc) over the old MO. No contest when it comes to the decor, and location + service is essentially the same.
LMO has no views , except into possibly clients ‘ offices ..

Love dining there though .

Always stay at TUH & MOHK .
Heard TUH is looking tired though service remains excellent except no for dining now , new restaurant possibly opening in March .

MOHK has always been up to par when we stay , not sure if renovations will be done if we make our February trip , not if 3 weeks quarantine is still in place . 3 weeks of LMO , no way .. not sure if 1 or 2 nights is even tolerable ..
Delicious excellent meals
Old Jan 29, 2021, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
The MO Landmark is a quarantine hotel for returning travellers now, not available for staycation
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by HKTraveler
The MO Landmark is a quarantine hotel for returning travellers now, not available for staycation
Still not interested in a quarantine but it could be much worse
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by HKTraveler
As much as I like the LMO, I'm not sure I'm up for being locked up in that 600 sq ft space for 21 days.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:43 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
I desperately miss the 3.5 weeks I was locked up at the Rosewood
Though, quarantine wasn't a thing at the time.
mczlaw and LinLant like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.