best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: QF CL
I ate at the Rosewood last night, in The Legacy House, and I found the level of finishes throughout the public areas that I saw to be absolutely superb. Legacy House is a gorgeous restaurant, with a very accessible menu for Westerners (and therefore perfect for my children!), with an interesting wine list and excellent service.

If it were Hong Kong side it would be a serious contender for me.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:33 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Okay, tried to upload photos from my visit at Rosewood and most of the files can't be uploaded per usual but managed to get a few up successfully...More photos are on my site: https://www.besvisor.com/rosewood-hong-kong

Grand Harbour Corner Suite

Pool

Manor Club

Manor Club

Manor Club

Manor Club Bar

Manor Club Bar
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:43 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Nice pics! On that note, St Regis Hong Kong is now open: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk/st-r...ns-april-2019/

I was allowed to take photos for my visit but couldn't release them until the day before - they weren't great pics (phone only, was rushing them for the site tour) so I won't post them here but feel free to reach out on Instagram if you want to see them anyway. I managed to check out one of the rooms with a harbour view, and the Presidential Suite.

I'm still waiting on dates of stay for St Regis. looks like I will be doing Rosewood in June/July.
damon88 and BESVISOR like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Now that is how you do a flagship hotel.
FlyerEC, chinmoylad and BESVISOR like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:28 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Nice pics! On that note, St Regis Hong Kong is now open: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk/st-r...ns-april-2019/

I was allowed to take photos for my visit but couldn't release them until the day before - they weren't great pics (phone only, was rushing them for the site tour) so I won't post them here but feel free to reach out on Instagram if you want to see them anyway. I managed to check out one of the rooms with a harbour view, and the Presidential Suite.

I'm still waiting on dates of stay for St Regis. looks like I will be doing Rosewood in June/July.

I am currently holding reservations at both the Hyatt and the St Regis for next Feb/March. At this point I am leaning toward the St Regis though I am interested in reading the reviews as they come in.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
I would love thoughts on the Island Shangri-La versus the JW Marriott in Hong Kong. I understand they are both in the same building complex area - different towers. I’m Diamond at Shangri-La and Titanium Elite at Marriott. Prices appear similar, but I’m looking for a more luxury experience. Shangri-La has smoking floors, I am not a smoker. Thanks to all.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:59 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by jman4321
I would love thoughts on the Island Shangri-La versus the JW Marriott in Hong Kong. I understand they are both in the same building complex area - different towers. I’m Diamond at Shangri-La and Titanium Elite at Marriott. Prices appear similar, but I’m looking for a more luxury experience. Shangri-La has smoking floors, I am not a smoker. Thanks to all.
Never stayed at JW Marriott but it's very much a business hotel.
I didn't enjoy my stay at Island Shangri-La. Very old rooms, huge, huge hotel with lots of tourists (and locals) in and out. And the quality at Petrus has gone down massively.

JW Marriott (and Upper House and I believe Conrad) have an ever so slightly easier link into Pacific Place than Island Shangri-La does (their entrance is an extra level above, accessed by a separate set of esclators that aren't the same ones used to go to JW Marriott/Upper House/Conrad).

Depending on how many nights you're staying, I'd skip both and look at Upper House, which often runs 3rd and 4th night free rates.
jman4321 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by jman4321
The JW is tired and not really a luxury hotel in my experience. I like the location though. Most of the status "upgrades" are just to a higher floor (which they class differently). Was upgraded to a suite last time there and was thoroughly unimpressed. I wouldn't mention this hotel in the same breath as the true HKG luxury hotels.
FlyerEC, jman4321 and clubeurope like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:41 am

The St. Regis really looks like a stunning hotel, and appears to be more intimately sized compared to other StR. It could prove to be a serious option in HK.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:47 pm

I love the look and color of the Rosewood.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:12 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
The JW is tired and not really a luxury hotel in my experience. I like the location though. Most of the status "upgrades" are just to a higher floor (which they class differently). Was upgraded to a suite last time there and was thoroughly unimpressed. I wouldn't mention this hotel in the same breath as the true HKG luxury hotels.
Island Shangri-La quite disappointing as well
jman4321 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Island Shangri-La quite disappointing as well
Definitely does not belong in this thread either.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
Definitely does not belong in this thread either.
my statement or Island Shangri-La?

I haven't yet stayed at the newer hotels like The Rosewood or The Murray, but I would make it clear that in my opinion, the best hotels in Hong Kong are the classic luxury hotels of HK. By this I would regard the original Mandarin on Connaught Road, as well as the Four Seasons at IFC.

As subjective as this is, Upper House isn't really my type of hotel, so I don't quite like it, and The Peninsula is on the wrong side of the harbour (full of afternoon-tea goers and tourists as well if I may add, really ruins the mood). I would go to Landmark Mandarin for Amber, but would stay at original Mandarin as Landmark just seems over pretentious, and the rooms have a very nouveau-riche vibe (don't mean it in a bad way, but it just feels so flashy).

I don't quite like the vibe in TST so, I wouldn't regard anything on Kowloon to be "the best" in HK.
FlyerEC and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:14 pm

I haven't yet stayed at the newer hotels like The Rosewood or The Murray, but I would make it clear that in my opinion, the best hotels in Hong Kong are the classic luxury hotels of HK. By this I would regard the original Mandarin on Connaught Road, as well as the Four Seasons at IFC. ...
The Mandarin Oriental is my absolute favorite. For me it does not get much better than a suite at MO HK.

However, the new St. Regis does look much better than I expected. I look forward to giving it a try at least once to experience something different.
damon88, FlyerEC and clubeurope like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my statement or Island Shangri-La?

I haven't yet stayed at the newer hotels like The Rosewood or The Murray, but I would make it clear that in my opinion, the best hotels in Hong Kong are the classic luxury hotels of HK. By this I would regard the original Mandarin on Connaught Road, as well as the Four Seasons at IFC.

As subjective as this is, Upper House isn't really my type of hotel, so I don't quite like it, and The Peninsula is on the wrong side of the harbour (full of afternoon-tea goers and tourists as well if I may add, really ruins the mood). I would go to Landmark Mandarin for Amber, but would stay at original Mandarin as Landmark just seems over pretentious, and the rooms have a very nouveau-riche vibe (don't mean it in a bad way, but it just feels so flashy).

I don't quite like the vibe in TST so, I wouldn't regard anything on Kowloon to be "the best" in HK.
Island SL.

Rosewood seems like something special and a true contender for one of HK's best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.