Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jamcoley
The Upper House for sure. Man... everything is designed with elegance. From the food to the rooms - everything is on point
But no pool
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
But no pool
Or spa.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I found the Upper House to be very average. Still looking for the HK hotel that is up there. LMO was close, but has no views.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:29 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by sophialite
I found the Upper House to be very average. Still looking for the HK hotel that is up there. LMO was close, but has no views.
May I highly suggest giving Rosewood a shot? It might still not be the one for you but I think it probably has the best chance. Had over 10 clients stay at this point (since April) and some have made return visits already.
One client completed his second stay 2 weeks ago and raved about the visit, again. He was a Central guy but is happy to stay in TST now, because of it. He was upgraded to a Manor Suite on the most recent visit, so that didn't hurt But first stay was just a regular one category upgrade and still made him a believer. Again, I have no idea if it will do the trick for you (as it's so personal) but I think it does have a solid chance to impress as it's the/one of the best in HK at the moment. Get a view suite (all comes with Club access) and you should enjoy it!

Cheers!

Last edited by BESVISOR; Jul 12, 2019 at 3:03 pm
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:18 pm

Am I the only one disappointed with my recent stay at Rosewood Hong Kong?

My room was certainly gorgeous but suffered from maintenance issues (failing air-conditioning, etc...). Food, with the exception of a very acceptable meal at Legacy House, was sub-par. Service was also patchy, which was expected from such a brand new property.

The strangest thing about this hotel is that it is a surprisingly inward-looking property -- the lobby and the vast majority of their F&B outlets don't even afford harbour views.
vuittonsofstyle and bhrubin like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Deleted

Last edited by G-CIVC; Apr 29, 2020 at 1:38 am
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Anyone been to St. Regis recently and have opinions to share? Staying MO on my next stay, but considering StR for the one after that. Thx!
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:47 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Anyone been to St. Regis recently and have opinions to share? Staying MO on my next stay, but considering StR for the one after that. Thx!
Yes I stayed there. Nice enough hotel and staff are generally pretty good considering it opened recently, although I think the butler concept still needs tweaking. Service was good on the whole otherwise, though.

If you have points to burn or are looking to use points for upgrades etc then it's a great option. If not, there are better options in the city. Maybe it still needs time to find its feet but it's basically a Landmark Mandarin Oriental without the absolutely excellent location (also thought the breakfast was surprisingly poor).

If you have business in/around Wan Chai, it's definitely a good option and offers a great luxury add-on to anything HKCC (Hong Kong Convention Centre) related for exhibitions etc - at the moment the only real options within the vicinity were Grand Hyatt (nice views) and the Renaissance next door to it (old property).

I have some pics from my stay on my Instagram, probably about 2 or so months back.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Yes I stayed there. Nice enough hotel and staff are generally pretty good considering it opened recently, although I think the butler concept still needs tweaking. Service was good on the whole otherwise, though.

If you have points to burn or are looking to use points for upgrades etc then it's a great option. If not, there are better options in the city. Maybe it still needs time to find its feet but it's basically a Landmark Mandarin Oriental without the absolutely excellent location (also thought the breakfast was surprisingly poor).

If you have business in/around Wan Chai, it's definitely a good option and offers a great luxury add-on to anything HKCC (Hong Kong Convention Centre) related for exhibitions etc - at the moment the only real options within the vicinity were Grand Hyatt (nice views) and the Renaissance next door to it (old property).

I have some pics from my stay on my Instagram, probably about 2 or so months back.
not exactly a ringing endorsement! Haha. Maybe I'll go MO or Upper House. Thought it might be nice to try something new that was still close to central, but maybe not.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

not exactly a ringing endorsement! Haha. Maybe I'll go MO or Upper House. Thought it might be nice to try something new that was still close to central, but maybe not.
I think you can do a lot better for a luxury hotel in HK than the StR. Not a lot of views worth mentioning and their breakfast is just very chintzy. One set and a cold buffet. Come on.

Marcel and TUH is probably your best bet. 10 years going strong for TUH and 5 for their wonderful, forever youthful GM.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think you can do a lot better for a luxury hotel in HK than the StR. Not a lot of views worth mentioning and their breakfast is just very chintzy. One set and a cold buffet. Come on.

Marcel and TUH is probably your best bet. 10 years going strong for TUH and 5 for their wonderful, forever youthful GM.
I have yet to try UH, perhaps it's time!
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:51 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I have yet to try UH, perhaps it's time!
If you don't have to be on HK Island, give the new Rosewood a try.
Otherwise, Upper House is still my hotel of choice for Hong Kong.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
If you don't have to be on HK Island, give the new Rosewood a try.
Otherwise, Upper House is still my hotel of choice for Hong Kong.
For this particular stay i'd prefer to stay on the HKG side.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:20 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Will be staying at the Rosewood HK. (residence) Dec. 14 - Jan 3...Anyone else staying there, would love to meet up
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Anyone know if there'll be an underground walkway from the Rosewood to TST MTR? If there will be one when is it scheduled to finish construction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.