Reload this Page >

best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:00 pm

I just stayed at the Peninsula in late Oct. Had the virtuoso amenities just don't remember them. We were in a harbor view room on a higher floor. OMG! The views were spectacular. The Peking duck at Spring Moon was to die for, YMMV
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:09 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by jmj9905
I just stayed at the Peninsula in late Oct. Had the virtuoso amenities just don't remember them. We were in a harbor view room on a higher floor. OMG! The views were spectacular. The Peking duck at Spring Moon was to die for, YMMV
Agreed and also had the Peking duck there. Never had parts of it as a lettuce wrap before and it was delicious!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by jmj9905
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Agreed and also had the Peking duck there. Never had parts of it as a lettuce wrap before and it was delicious!
Quite usual to the lettuce wrap option as a second dish , in this region / Asia anyway . Glad you got to enjoy it .

You should try Man Wah , MOHK , next time ! Peking duck there & more .. just thinking of it ..
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:21 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Quite usual to the lettuce wrap option as a second dish , in this region / Asia anyway . Glad you got to enjoy it .

You should try Man Wah , MOHK , next time ! Peking duck there & more .. just thinking of it ..
Thanks for the tip! I have always had Peking duck in Mainland and just always had it in a very traditional format.
Looks like I will be heading to see Rosewood HK for it's opening so I will hop on over to MO for some duck
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:55 am

IMHO, best Peking duck in HK is at Shatin 18 at the Hyatt Regency in Shatin. Chefs were trained at Made in China restaurant of the Grand Hyatt Beijing

Last edited by HKTraveler; Jan 26, 2019 at 6:21 am
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by HKTraveler
IMHO, best Peking duck in HK is at Sharon 18 at the Hyatt Regency in HK. Chefs were trained at Made in China restaurant of the Grand Hyatt Beijing
Shatin 18 at the HR Shatin. Yes +1 another endorsement from a local as best Peking duck in HK!

(my top 3 Chinese restaurants in HK are Spring Moon, yan toh heen and shatin 18, maybe tin lung heen @ RC a close call but not lung king...)
HKTraveler and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Originally Posted by SaraGa
The Ritz-Carlton It's perfect!
Just shows you about different strokes for different folks. I find the location of the RC far from perfect. And as lovely as the Club floor is the first impression upon entering the hotel, and in fact, most of the public spaces remind me more of an upscale business hotel rather than a true luxury hotel.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by SaraGa
The Ritz-Carlton It's perfect!
Always sceptical with such statements without justification. Very few hotels are perfect and at least the location is not always perfect for everyone in such a giant city.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Always sceptical with such statements without justification. Very few hotels are perfect and at least the location is not always perfect for everyone in such a giant city.
I had an amazing experience at the RC HK in their Club Lounge but yeah, everyone will have their preferences.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by offerendum
The RCHK is my current go-to hotel in HK. Previously my regulars were FSHK and then LMO but RCHK has overtaken them. I love the views, the room, the wide choices of F&B and also the service ( elevated for me as a regular ). But it's not perfect. The decor is gaudy and over the top, the location is not ideal, a hassle to take so many escalators and lifts to reach the subway and the lobby is always crowded. All is forgiven when I woke up to this :

That said I don't think a perfect hotel exist in HK or be it anywhere in the world.
Dave510 and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE
That said I don't think a perfect hotel exist in HK or be it anywhere in the world.
No objection. I also don´t doubt it´s a good hotel and I know it´s the top-choice of many here. I only don´t like such unspecific comments. Would be the same with MO, FS or Pen

Originally Posted by phant0m
I had an amazing experience at the RC HK in their Club Lounge but yeah, everyone will have their preferences.
I stayed at many RC and liked many. So absolutely believe this. As I said nothing against the hotel.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BENLEE
The RCHK is my current go-to hotel in HK. Previously my regulars were FSHK and then LMO but RCHK has overtaken them. I love the views, the room, the wide choices of F&B and also the service ( elevated for me as a regular ). But it's not perfect. The decor is gaudy and over the top, the location is not ideal, a hassle to take so many escalators and lifts to reach the subway and the lobby is always crowded. All is forgiven when I woke up to this :

Makes you feel on top of the world.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:48 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Went past the St Regis building today - it's next to Central Plaza in Wan Chai. It'll open in a couple of months, I should be getting a tour prior to opening.
Checking out Rosewood just after Chinese New Year - can def pass on my feedback here, but photos will have to wait until 17 March (official opening).
Kilian Zoll likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:09 am

I have been inspired by some recent reports, including SanDiego1k’s, to stay again at InterContinental, this time in a view category (junior) suite. The location of that hotel is really special. Especially after the refurbishment and reglag to Regent, it should be great. If a long stay, I will split with my usual hotel, MO.
FlyerEC and 1readyset2go like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:33 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I have been inspired by some recent reports, including SanDiego1k’s, to stay again at InterContinental, this time in a view category (junior) suite. The location of that hotel is really special. Especially after the refurbishment and reglag to Regent, it should be great. If a long stay, I will split with my usual hotel, MO.
Everything above the Executive Suite is still quite good - Deluxe Suite is quite spectacular because of the bathroom with the view. They also seem to be better maintained...
Kilian Zoll and MikeFromTokyo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.