Reload this Page >

best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2023, 11:20 am

I had a quick question re: Four Seasons HK renovations. On the FS page it seems like you can only book "Newly Renovated Rooms" but on some of the travel sites like Expedia they use inconsistent language. Have all rooms been renovated yet or is this still in progress? If I booked a room that doesn't mention "Newly Renovated" would it mean it's in one of the dated rooms?

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2023, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk Deathlef
Deathlef likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 2:49 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Deathlef
I had a quick question re: Four Seasons HK renovations. On the FS page it seems like you can only book "Newly Renovated Rooms" but on some of the travel sites like Expedia they use inconsistent language. Have all rooms been renovated yet or is this still in progress? If I booked a room that doesn't mention "Newly Renovated" would it mean it's in one of the dated rooms?

Thanks!
My understanding is they are still renovating, but only selling renovated rooms.
Please don't book FS on Expedia,
offerendum and United747 like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
My understanding is they are still renovating, but only selling renovated rooms.
Please don't book FS on Expedia,
Oh that's interesting! Why do you advise against booking via Expedia et al.?
Old May 9, 2023, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Deathlef
Oh that's interesting! Why do you advise against booking via Expedia et al.?
Many reasons... First you get not the best possible treatment when booking with Expedia. If they still have unrenovated rooms, Expedia-guests have the best chance to get one. Also FS should always booked via a Four Seasons Preferred partner agent, as the price is the same as on the homepage and Expedia (often cheaper than Expedia) and you get a credit (normally 100 $), Upgrade etc
Fliar, FlyerEC, United747 and 1 others like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 10:15 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by offerendum
Many reasons...
Well said.... Thanks for vouching for us. There is a list of advisors in the sticky at the top of the forum
offerendum, United747 and gudugan like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Given that hotels are increasingly stingy with upgrades, sometimes Expedias can be the better option if there's enough of a price difference.
Old May 10, 2023, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Dave510
Given that hotels are increasingly stingy with upgrades, sometimes Expedias can be the better option if there's enough of a price difference.
Sure, in some cases it's right. But normally Expedia isn't cheaper. I found significant better rates at package tour provider sites (often with the chance for a best rate claim at the hotel), but never at Expedia.
Old May 16, 2023, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
The FS is actually quite a walk from the station if you want to go to the airport. Even though the FS technically sits on top of the station, if you have been to HK you know how big the stations can be.
Four Seasons has a free shuttle to and from the airport express station.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
How is the new Regent?

Which of the luxury hotels have baby sitting services? Does any of these hotels' airport transfers offer cars with baby seats?

Last edited by TOMFORD; May 27, 2023 at 8:55 am
Old May 27, 2023, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Which of the luxury hotels have baby sitting services?
Isn't it standard at every (not adult only) 5 star hotel?
Old May 27, 2023, 4:19 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
You tell me!
Old May 29, 2023, 12:43 am

There hasn’t really been any discussion of The Murray here I don’t think - has anyone stayed recently? Is it deemed not forum-worthy? Debating it for a stay later this year since the consensus seems to be all the other hotels on the Island side aren’t up to much right now other than perhaps the FS.
Old May 29, 2023, 10:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Hi all, I love Rosewood HK so much that despite I have been traveling overseas, I recently returned again for a 2-night 'detox' post a long haul trip and wanted to see what it's like post-reopening.

The stay was phenomenal. I would wholeheartedly recommend booking a suite with club access and the airport pickup (no prizes for guesses - I did both).

White asparagus for breakfast. Unlimited caviar with full condiments at the buffet (oscietra...not avruga...) and even a beef wellington station one evening for the cocktails sesh. They also rotate some samples of their other F&B outlet offerings at the club too.

The absurd 45-minute limit at the pool has been gone for good and it's returned to its tranquility when it first opened in 2019. It's also very well staffed (maybe just only awaiting some bells and whistles to be brought back like aqua mist and fruit skewers back then)

They've brought in a new GM and to some extent I can see how they 'care' more nowadays (well, they ought to with the absurd prices nowadays) - another example being a minor fix to the minibar opening handle which was often complained about for snapping one's nails.

I could go on......

Going off topic: I next stayed at the R-C Macau and that was arguably yet another level. I am inclined to believe it's the best city R-C in Asia (or even the world?) with no close competition. If only they opened up more inventory (for cash or for points) rather than keeping them for high rollers.

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
There hasn’t really been any discussion of The Murray here I don’t think - has anyone stayed recently? Is it deemed not forum-worthy? Debating it for a stay later this year since the consensus seems to be all the other hotels on the Island side aren’t up to much right now other than perhaps the FS.
Not sure if there would be any material improvements post-COVID but during the past 3 years it was consistently a notch below the other top 10 or so luxury hotels in HK. The management is essentially the same extended team as the three 'Marco Polo' hotels atop of Harbor City - i.e. more accustomed to catering to large come-and-go tour groups instead.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Returning to MOHK , after the borders reopened and without testing , was wonderful for my March stay . The new Club Lounge ambience is comfortably pleasant and spacious with matching victuals through various meal times

While my former “ usual “ suite is now incorporated into this lounge , am pleased to say that the suite was one which was sometimes previously enjoyed on stays too ..
The only thing is that the bathroom blinds had to be drawn shut all the time - the windows face Prince ‘ s Building ! But love the balconies , one off the bathroom & other from the living room .
scented likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.