Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Unhappy

OK so here are my rather pedestrian offerings I'm yet to splash out on a $3000 / night Presidential Suite

A rather nice beachfront deluxe cottage at the Chedi, Phuket. The location, and hotel were really nice

And on a couple of side notes:

-My Uncle and his family hired out 'The Villa' at Le Saint Geran, Mauritius complete with private chef
-My Dad was in DXB a last year and when checking in at the Burj Al Arab (into a standard room, as was company policy) he was upgraded to a Royal suite. The service (as it would be) was well above the call of duty and from the way he was being addressed and the manner the staff were talking to him he believes they had mistaken him for another person going by the same name. He mentioned there was a private lift, butlers, a cinema. He said he had never seen anything like it in his life! Alas he was only in DXB for a day before flying to Kuwait
Old May 4, 2004, 5:43 am

Programs: AC E SPG Gold
In early April this year, my wife and I were upgraded to the Tam O'Shanter Suite at the Westin, Turnberry. A golfer's paradise - gazing from the windows over the Ailsa course out to Ailsa Craig and the Mull of Kintyre. Made up for a whole lot of non-upgrades over the years. Back in the good old days of the Orchid at Mauna Lani we were upgraded to a spectacular suite, more marble than I've ever seen in one place! Any golfers out there should seriously consider Turnberry out of season - rate was 175 pounds including breakfast for 2 (which is certainly not cheap) and a round each on the Ailsa course, which itself would be at least 150 per person for non-residents in the summer.
Old May 6, 2004, 1:07 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Thumbs up This is my favorite too

Originally Posted by Don in LA
Thought I'd chime in:

Best "room" was a suite at the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay in Bali where we went on our honeymoon in 1999. Only 2,000 square feet, but we had an outdoor shower, a separate dining pavilion where they brought us our breakfast each morning, and a plunge pool overlooking the Bay.
Some of the hotel rooms we've stayed in might have cost more but those are upgrades and don't know the prices but this was by far the most spectacular.

I loved showering outside and the personal plunge pool and the personal courtyard. http://www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranbay/index.html
Old Dec 3, 2004, 12:12 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Just thought I would re-start this thread and also add a couple of more stunning hotel rooms:

1. Four Seasons Hotel Berlin (now the Regent Berlin)
-8th floor Deluxe room, with 2 juliet balconies overlooking the GendarmenMarkt Square. With live outdoor concerts it was stunning to open the windows and listen to classical music.

2. Inter-Continental Hotel Hong Kong
-14th floor Deluxe room with 180 degree Harbour View. Stunning views of
HKG Island, by day AND night.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:17 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Amanpuri - 4 Bedroom Ocean View Villa - I think it was #24. About 30,000 sq ft. in total space. 25 meter private pool. Two dining rooms. 3 full-time live-in staff.

Hayman Island - French 3 bedroom Penthouse - Grand Piano, huge master bedroom and bathroom (with two separate doors to enter)

Not so good but expensive! - La Samanna Presidental Suite - Rooms connected via the balcony. Poor service.

Worst - Ritz Carlton Maui Presidential Suite - Very old and needed updating!
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:09 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Originally Posted by bagold
Amanpuri - 4 Bedroom Ocean View Villa - I think it was #24. About 30,000 sq ft. in total space. 25 meter private pool. Two dining rooms. 3 full-time live-in staff.
You are a lucky person! This makes most of us jealous, especially those who were fortunate enough to have seen the Amanpuri with their very eyes. Lovely property, but the Villa you had must have been even more stunning.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 12:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Hmmm....

Let's see... I cannot beat the 30,000 sw ft suite.

On a $41 Priceline stay at the Sheraton Chicago, I was upgraded to a 2500 or so sq foot suite. I was there for one night by myself.

The suite I had at the Westin Westminster outside Denver had the best bathroom I have seen. This bathroom was probably 500 sq. feet. 2 toilets, and an enormous shower with Beveled glass that had been cut at the top to resemble the Gore Range. Very cool.

I had a Casita suit at the Phoenician that was really quite lovely.

At the Sheraton Steamboat, twice we have gotten a enormous 2 bedroom suite, probably 2000 sq feet.

St. Regis LA I had a suite that was 1/4 of the floor of the hotel with tons of balcony space.

At the Venetian (on a $90 PCLN stay) I talked my way into a high roller suite for one night (with no promise of any gambling)... I won't even guess how big this was.....
Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BoSoxFan45
Hmmm....
At the Venetian (on a $90 PCLN stay) I talked my way into a high roller suite for one night (with no promise of any gambling)... I won't even guess how big this was.....
I got one of these in an overbook situation (didn't even have to ask for it). Full home theatre room, dining table sat 12, 2 sitting areas, his and hers everything in the bathroom. WAYY too gaudy for my taste, but was definitely nice to see how the other half lives...

After the first night I got a call telling my that my regular room was available, or I could stay in the suite at the rack rate of $2200 per night. Needless to say, I declined...
Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Las Vegas

This year I stayed four nights at the Palazzo (part of the Rio Hotel) in Las Vegas. 8,000 sq ft of heavan, 3 beds, 7 baths, 3 hot tubs, 20 foot bar, media room, marble and gold everything, limo, butler plus more. Price is $20,000 per night. I was fortunate enough to only pay $3,000 CAN for the whole trip. Good times!
Old Jun 26, 2005, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

I thought I would update this thread with another addition:

Prince of Wales Suite, Hotel Bristol, Vienna

-what a fantastic suite!! 1st floor overlooking the corner of Kärntner straße and Kärntner Ring with direct views of the Staats Oper our suite has a large living room with Bang&Olufsen stereo system but using Bose speakers, a large bedroom, large dressing room, jacuzzi tub with gold plated faucets, large separate shower, private en-suite workout room (1 each of treadmill, stairmaster and life-cycle) complete with sauna. There is an additional half bath off the entry foyer. In its two BR config, there is an additional salon, a library, and dining room making this the largest suite in Austria, according to Starwood.

-"paid" 11,500 star points per night for a penthouse jr. suite, SPG nothing!! An ausgezeichnet upgrade!!!
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: BA, Delta, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt,
Williamsburg Inn, Virginia
Magnificent two room suite. On another occasion, a very large king deluxe with a working fireplace, which was wonderful in January.

IC Willard, Washington
Absolutely huge room near corner of 14th and Pennsylvania.....four floor to ceiling windows with the most exquisite drapery and fabrics.

Park Hyatt Villa Magna, Madrid
Deluxe king that was perfection.... linen sheets and a switch next to the bed for service. I touched it accidentally and a maid arrived in less than two minutes. Service was superb. Must add that this stay was some years ago.

Hyatt Carlton Tower, London
Two room suite, beautifully furnished with a balcony overlooking the park in front of the hotel.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Another wonderful suite:

Room #815, Duplex Suite (one of three), Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris

Two level suite, with a living room, dining room, guest toilet and terrace spanning the living room and dining room. A lovely staircase leads to the upper level with a large marble bathroom with large deep soaker tub, separate enclosed WC with bidet, separate stall steam shower and view of the Eiffel Tower. There is also a study with views on the Sacre Coeur on side and the Eiffel Tower and English Church on the other. The Grand Palais, Church of St. Augustine, and the Opera House (very obscurely) are visible. There is also another terrace fronting the bedroom. The suite also enjoys direct views onto the other terraces and the Courtyard of the Three Graces.

This suite was like a very elegant Parisian apartment, decorated in pale greens, it was very soothing and refreshing. The high powered antique telescope in the master bedroom made for interesting viewing!!!

Thank you to special friends who joined us on the terrace!!!
Old Jul 4, 2005, 1:00 pm

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by luxury
Hello everybody,
Every now and then I start dreaming about the "suite life" and I was curious to read about the nicest/best room or suite other FTer's have stayed in..... I guess I am hoping to live vicariously through your experiences and to see and learn more about what is out there in this fascinating world of ours.
Recent weeks...

The Presidential Suite of the Eldorado Hotel, Santa Fe, the ultimate in overdone Southwestern Kitsch, outdoor hot tub, party balcony about the size of a football field, but the rooftops of Santa Fe are not a very prepossessng view.

Last year....

A corner room (SE corner) of a Marriott on the South side of downtown Miami. The room was small but turned out to be perfectly equipped/arranged with as good a bed as I've ever found. High, the view of downtown and the Bay was hard to beat.

Recent years....

In the grand manner, one of the suites in the old Muehlbach Hotel, KC, MO, now a part of the Marriott across the street. For a taste of how the robber barons lived (or a feeling for the world of Harry Truman and the Prendergast Machine, or what KC was like back when it was an important city), this suite, a bottle of good bourbon, and dinner a few blocks down the hill at the old Savoy Grill provide an image.

Several Christamses back...

Redeeming points at the Renaissance on Market in San Francisco at Christmas, hotel nearly empty, a grand two bedroom suite on the conccierge floor. Daughter and son in law from LA, daughter from Texas, an almost ideal Christmas in a city with much open on Christmas day.

The halcyon days of my youth. A second floor bay front in Santa Margarita adjacent to Portofino. Blond secretary from Dusseldorf. Floor length gauze curtains. Open French doors. Gentle breeze. Summer afternoon.

Now, if you want to talk about the worst (and the worst of the worst)......
Old Jul 4, 2005, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
In March of this year, by a stroke of extreme good fortune, I stayed for one night at the private "Villa Rose-Pierre" at the Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat with three friends/co-workers. It is quite an amazing property:

-on five totally private acres adjacent to the hotel
-six bedrooms/suites, several living rooms, kitchen, dining room - 5500 sq. feet
-heated private pool, tennis court, beautiful gardens and wooded areas
-gym in basement
-theater room
-balconies and roof-top patio overlooking the Mediterranean
-elevator
-butler with living quarters and kitchen

There was probably a lot more that I missed as I wasn't there long enough to fully explore the property, but it is definitely andexperience I'll never forget.

http://www.grand-hotel-cap-ferrat.co.../htm/villa.htm
Old Jul 5, 2005, 1:43 am

Programs: UA, SPG
There are a number of great ones over the years. I must say that my current home here (for the next few days) at the Peninsula Bangkok overlooking the river from my suite is quite stunning. I would highly recommend the suites here.

http://www.bangkok.peninsula.com/pbk...dation_06.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.