Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta SM
Victoria BC--Laurel Point Inn

Husband booked us for a romantic Valentine's Day getaway package. Flew to Victoria on seaplane and had a basic room at Laurel Point Inn. At the desk, they asked us if for $20 we wanted to upgrade to a basic suite. Absolutely...except it was too early to check in....so we wandered around town and came back. Oops, they were all out of suites so they put us up in the "Tower" Suite. Larger than our first home. Bedroom and bathroom faced the harbor and the Empress. Soaking tub in marble bathroom. Wraparound balcony contained 4 chaise lounges, 4 regular chairs and approx 3 tables. Living area was huge and overlooked both the Outer and Inner Harbor. Overall, we had 270+ degree view. Best part...outside the large double doors leading into the suite, we had our own marble sculpture. Incredible hotel.
Old May 3, 2007, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
wonder where they put it then..

the chairman suite is 277m2 compared to presidential at 175m2
Well there are 4-6 rooms on the top floor...
Old May 3, 2007, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Cool

The best suite I've had so far in my travels is the Celebrity Spa suite at the MGM Grand at LAS. Okay, I know that sucked. I had a One Bedroom suite to myself at the MGM Signature, also in LAS. Was fun to soak in the hot tub each night.. AHHH!

Sanosuke!
Old May 4, 2007, 3:20 am

Programs: Star Allicance
Largest breakfast buffé ever

Spent 4 nights at 5 star hotel Meliá Castilla , Madrid.

Exceptional service, breakfast buffé at a size and variety one could only dream of.

Nice lobby bar and a great executive floor that would satisfy most of a busy travellers needs.

A large numer of airline companies use this Hotel for their flightcrews, funny when you sit in the lobby bar watching pilots and airhostess taking one drink after another.

Great hotel, worth the 5 stars
Old May 4, 2007, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

welcome to FT Grand Danois
Old May 4, 2007, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Suite at Auberge du Soleil in Napa Valley. Truly designed for comfort. Rustic stone fireplace, private terrace overlooking the valley - loved watching the hot-air balloons over breakfast, enjoying the faint scent of wild herbs wafting up the hillside.

Last edited by Fornebufox; May 11, 2007 at 2:06 pm Reason: repeating repeating myself!
Old May 4, 2007, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Fornebufox
Suite at Auberge du Soleil in Napa Valley. Truly designed for comfort. Rustic stone fireplace, private terrace overlooking the valley - loved watching the hot-air balloons over breakfast over breakfast, enjoying the faint scent of wild herbs wafting up the hillside.
I'm getting hungry.
Old May 6, 2007, 2:36 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
After a massive screw-up at check-in at the Venetian in LAS, ended up with the Presidential Suite (vaguely recall the room # being 36201, but don't hold me to that). Talk about a ROOM. Not to mention I had the whole thing to myself, which was more of a detriment considering I hate sleeping in standard hotel rooms by myself, let alone a suite that had multiple bedrooms, lol.
Old May 6, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriot Gold, Qantas Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle
Mark Hopkins Suite at the Mark Hopkins InterContinental in San Francisco. It was part of the deal when me wife and I got married there. Simply awesome views from the balcony. And the bathroom, dining room and bedroom were great and will. The after party in that room was the greatest, even if I say so myself.

My wife and I have stayed at many 5 star hotel since, but we know that no other room will ever come close. I think its rate is $5,000 per night. But I could be wrong.
Old May 6, 2007, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by ZbadhabitZ
After a massive screw-up at check-in at the Venetian in LAS, ended up with the Presidential Suite (vaguely recall the room # being 36201, but don't hold me to that). Talk about a ROOM. Not to mention I had the whole thing to myself, which was more of a detriment considering I hate sleeping in standard hotel rooms by myself, let alone a suite that had multiple bedrooms, lol.
. What was the screw up? Presidential Suite... not bad! ^
Old May 6, 2007, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, AA 2 million miler,Concierge Key, BA Ex Gold, One World Emerald
Ngorongoro Crater Lodge.....Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania

google it...your mouth will drop
Old May 6, 2007, 6:35 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Originally Posted by bhd87
. What was the screw up? Presidential Suite... not bad! ^
Screw up being that I didn't book the reservation personally (I booked it through AMEX) and for whatever reason it seemed to disappear once I arrived at the hotel. Would have happily settled with a standard room just to have somewhere to stay, but spoke with the extremely apologetic manager who gave me the suite. No complaints about that one.
Old May 7, 2007, 12:27 am

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Suite at SEA ( CLOUD)

WOW Folks!!

Great recomendations!!
I am going to Try the AMAN resorts !!

I would like to submit the following:

Sea Cloud Suite 1.

African Suite, Palace of the Lost City, SA
Old May 7, 2007, 6:29 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AA - Plat, HHonors - Gold
I would just like to add the African Sapphire Villa at Altamer in Anguilla.

http://www.altamer.com/

Excellent Service, Great Villa, Fantastic Beach... Simply Devine ^
Old May 7, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex Centurion & relevant programs
Sky Terrace Suite (suite 601) in the Gran Hotel La Florida, Barcelona - a huge terrace with a jacuzzi and a view to die for ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.