Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 1:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by paul2
The Maldives has a very small number of real luxury resorts whilst Thailand and Bali have many. Theres obviously much more space to create a resort with many fantastic suites in,say,Bali than on a small atoll.
Also, some people just dont like The Maldives due to the lack of local culture despite the existence of a few high end hotels there.
I have to disgree. The service in most Thailand luxury resorts is simply not good enough to be called real luxury resorts... Maldives has more of the topclass luxury resorts IMO.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:04 pm

Thornbury Castle

Deluxe Bedroom in the turret.

The best overall experience: Afternoon Tea, a sumptuous Dinner and a full English Breakfast!

Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Ambassador Platinum
I love this thread so hopefully we can keep it going.

My list is much more modest than most but here are my top 5:

1. Overwater bungalow at the Intercontinental Bora Bora
A 1br suite with sweeping views over practically your own lagoon. Canoe breakfast set up on your porch. Window floor.

2. Cool Corner Suite at W Barcelona
Large and modern 1br suite. Amazing views of the Mediterranean and Barcelona. Full bottle Bliss products.

3. Elisabeth Suite at the Hotel Imperial Vienna
Amazing palace. It's like being a guest of royalty as this was once home to the prince of Württemberg. Picture a stay at a mini Versailles. Tall ceilings, real art and wallpaper. Historic furniture. Bvlgari bath products.

4. Jr Suite at the Intercontinental Hong Kong
The view across the bay to Victoria Harbor and Hong Kong Island at night is unforgettable. Better location than the Peninsula. So nice that we ordered room service to enjoy the festival of lights.

5. Suite at the Grand Hotel Stockholm
Best hotel in Stockholm. Historic yet comfortable.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
I got upgraded to a Suite at the Conrad in Singapore. I checked in around 2:00 after coming in on a delayed flight from Chicago. It was only for two nights but the room and service were absolutely amazing.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Here are a few that I haven't seen already mentioned...
  1. El Presidente Suite, La Quinta Resort & Spa, La Quinta, CA.
  2. The Dali or the Leonardo Da Vinci rooms, Artists Residence Inn - Washington, DC (6* B&B).
  3. Junior Suite, Ritz Carlton San Francisco.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:51 am

Villa D'Este

The nicest, and most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in is the Villa D'Este, nestled along the shores of Lake Como. There is an almost ethereal feel to this beautiful hotel, and a level of service that is at once elegant, unobtrusive, friendly and refined. And then there is Lake Como itself, which lends to the magical nature of the setting. As Percy Bysshe Shelley once said of this place,
"This lake exceeds anything I ever beheld in beauty."

Last edited by frqnt flyr; Nov 19, 2010 at 3:03 pm
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
From our travels

Regent Chiang Mai Thailand (I think it is a four seasons now) working farm, with your own villa and water buffalo (my children loved it!)

Banyan Tree Lijiang Yunnan China - a small house with a large hot tub on each property, wonderful BBQ prepared by the staff

Not complete luxury, but very unusual and distinctive - Anatolian House in Cappodocia - each room is different, with turkish antiques, along with beautiful modern marble bathrooms

River Suites at the new Waldorf Astoria on the Bund Shanghai. Just the right mix of old and new.

Old Wing of the Taj Mahal in Mumbai

Im not a resort person, so what made each of these places special was a beautiful hotel room and property with lots to do in the surronding area.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
For me, definitely the Private Reserve Villa at the Ritz Carlton Reserve at Phulay Bay in Krabi, Thailand. Absolutely spectacular.

Info on the property here

Info on the villa itself here
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: archerjenner
Best experience ever Kempinski Hotel in Budapest, the presidential suite for a week. Absolutely fantastic. The "room" was great. Service was incredible, apparently with the hotel staff let us know us by sight and by name. Felt like a king, and I rarely, if ever, such as hotels, even fine them.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: CX Diamond Plus, BA Gold, SQ
Villa 11 Amanpuri
Beach casita 49 Amanpulo
Suite 632 Peninsula Hong Kong
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Optm
Villa 11 Amanpuri
Beach casita 49 Amanpulo
Suite 632 Peninsula Hong Kong
Amanpulo WAS amazing. I was in casita 21. Wonderful experience.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:37 am

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Four Season Bali

At the Jimbarran Bay property. Had a suite with amazing views, outdoor shower, private pool (needed due to the immense humidity) and perfect service. Second place, Villa d'Este. Location, location, location. As an earlier poster wrote, there is something magical about the lake. Huge suite, great service. Third place: Presidential Suite Sydney Four Seasons. Made me want to be a politician. Great location. HUGE room and butler to boot.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
  • A deluxe room at Villa D'Este
  • Suite at Crillon in Paris overlooking Place de la Concorde
  • Any room at the Golderner Hirsch in Salzburg, probably my favorite hotel and city in the world!
  • One of many camps in Africa
  • Hotel Imperial in Vienna
  • Gritti Palace in Venice
  • ANY and ALL Grill suites on a Cunard Ship!!!!! (which is not a hotel room but still on my list!) My first Grill Suite was QEII in the 1970s. With parents like mine, no wonder I am such a spoiled brat today
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:45 pm

Ritz-Carlton Suite at the Millenium Ritz Carlton in Singapore--The bathroom was about 20sq ft with a 6ft wide octagonal window in the steam shower room. Walk up sunken tub with another huge window. So high up the planes flew below (as well as clouds).
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:03 pm

Suite upgrade at the Pan Pacific in downtown Vancouver BC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.