Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:42 am

Best suites:
Raffles Hotel personality suite (Singapore)
Mandarin Oriental river suite (Bangkok)

Best service with the least amount of cash:
Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur (private car and driver for day for really cheap)
Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
The greatest room I have ever stayed in was at the IC in hong kong when my girlfriend pretended that we had just been married and they upgraded us to tone of those full suites with a harbor view and an outdoor jacuzzi. I know that people say other than the restaurants the hotel doent compare to the peninsula or the ritz, but drinking champegne outside in a hot tub overlooking the harbor was pretty cool.
In terms of beds, the greatest bed i have ever stayed in, better than any St. Regis, FS, MO or any other was in newport beach at the balboa bay club. the hotel was nice, not great (because it is really more of a club than hotel), but the bed really was just amazing.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:19 am
dju

Programs: American, Continental, Hilton, Marriott, Southwest, Delta, Sheraton, etc.
Smile The Plaza with MJ

OK, here's my best suite story. Got to the Plaza in New York City in summer of 1999 with a business associate at 10:30PM with guaranteed reservations. Desk gave him his key, but shook head when looking at me. Finally, asked if we would share a room. When we started to say "no", she said, "there are private sleeping accomodations and you will really like this suite." We were then taken to a BACK elevator to the top floor. When we got off the elevator, Michael Jackson was playing in the hallways with his son, saw us, and scooped up the toddler and ducked into a room across the hall from the one the bellman took us to. Key did not work, so we went back to the elevator and to the exact room one floor down. Turns out we had a THREE-STORY, 3 bedroom suite with its own elevator WITHIN the suite that normally rents for $17,000 per night! Our third floor was one-fourth of the roof of the hotel, where our private butler served us dinner that night. Fine art was everywhere! Why is it that we never get these when traveling with our wives?
Other notables: Penthouse at the Acapulco Princess, one of the top corner suites at the UN Plaza in NYC (grand piano and floor to ceiling glass--normally rents for $5K, but again got it at rack rate due to sellout), and even one of the top floor corner suites at the Marriott Marco Island (very large). Las Ventantas in CA is great, and Las Brisas in Acapulco is very nice buy kitchy. Best value for a great room? The Fiesta Americana in Cabo San Lucas. Amazing one bedroom suites with room for 2 big kids in the living room, about 20 yards away from the ocean...and less than $300 per night for triple A booking direct to the hotel! Anyone have any suggestions in St. Martin?
Old Jul 9, 2005, 1:20 pm

My Turn Now

Deleted.

Last edited by Aileron; Nov 20, 2008 at 1:38 pm
Old Jul 11, 2005, 9:51 am

Programs: AA-PLT, 1MM, SPG Plat
We arrived in Kauai late to check in at the Hyatt. It was probably 9pm and we were exhausted. The girl at the desk says we have you in an ocean front suite. I didn't think anything of it not being familiar with their rooms. Well we walked into a beautiful, large suite with two lanais, full living room, dining room and bedroom. It was fantastic!!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 11:52 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
3106 at the RC Millenia,
Banyan Tree Bintan Ocean Front Jacuzzi Villa, very romantic, lovely spot.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Mandarin Oriental NY this March. Booked into the Mandarin Executive Suite - full one bedroom, one and one-half bath. Living room panoramic windows overlooked the Hudson River and the George Washington Bridge, bedroom window overlooked Central Park. Three flat panel TVs (including the one in the bathroom). I can't even imagine ever wanting more!
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The best…

12th floor 2 bedroom suite, Trump Tower, NY (unparallel views of Central Park, don’t remember the room much. Though I was a bit perplexed by the separate kitchen. Partied all night long with a private chef.)

25th floor suite, Peninsula, Hong Kong (unparallel views of the harbor. 4 bedrooms, Sunroof, garden, separate dining room for 30 <I believe>. Just gorgeous. 6 flat screen TVs (in all 3 bathrooms)

Raffles hotel, Singapore (although the squeaky floors became annoying rather quickly, I could definitely get used to the private butler)

51st floor small suite, Park Hyatt, Tokyo (another view to die for. Two bed rooms, living/dining room. Three large bathrooms.)

as well as…

Deluxe room, Hotel de Bristol, Paris

Deluxe room, Plaza Athenee, Paris

Jr. Suite, Peninsula, NY

Jr. Suite, Belagio, Las Vegas

Jr. Suite, The Ritz, London

I vaguely remember a huge 3 bedroom suite in Fiji (though I have no idea what hotel/etc)
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by gate_pourri
51st floor small suite, Park Hyatt, Tokyo (another view to die for. Two bed rooms, living/dining room. Three large bathrooms.)
None of the suites at the PHT have more than one bedroom or full bathroom. Some of them have additional toilets.

Last edited by Pickles; Jul 13, 2005 at 1:06 am
Old Jul 13, 2005, 1:09 am

Any room in the Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo, CA.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 2:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Venice - Suite 44 at the Hotel Danieli, old palazzo wing, overlooking canal - literally stepping back in time
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
None of the suites at the PHT have more than one bedroom or full bathroom. Some of them have additional toilets.
Are you sure? I was there just two weeks ago, and we had 2 bedrooms. My father and I always try to get two bedrooms, beause we never sleep in the same room when we travel. Maybe I'm mixing it up with the Paninsula in Bangkok or the Mandarin Oriental in Jakarta. We did 6 hotels in 3 weeks, so maybe I am mixing them up. But I still remember two rooms.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:22 am

Paris Hilton; One Double Door entrance, extra large corner suite with a balcony looking directly at Eiffel Tower which was one block away! Came with two bathrooms, a stocked wet bar, three sofas, a dining table....

Cancun Hilton; One bedroom suite with two stand up showers across from each other very large living room both with connecting balcony with private jacuzzi with an ocean view of-course!

Madrid Westin Palace: Double door entrance, Oval living/dining area complete with Bang and Olufsen sound system, a real crystal ballroom chandelier, one powder room, one private walk-in closet/dressing room, HUGE bedroom, master bathroom was a deep tub and seperate glass marble shower with five shower heads, seperate toilet area, double sinks etc...

Berlin Hilton; Two storey one bedroom suite with spiral stairs leading to bedroom with look out to main level below! three bathrooms, one dining room and seperate living area. Floor to ceiling window with remote control drapes, two walk-in closets, two flat screen plasma tv's.

Not bad from the big brands...
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by gate_pourri
Are you sure? I was there just two weeks ago, and we had 2 bedrooms. My father and I always try to get two bedrooms, beause we never sleep in the same room when we travel. Maybe I'm mixing it up with the Paninsula in Bangkok or the Mandarin Oriental in Jakarta. We did 6 hotels in 3 weeks, so maybe I am mixing them up. But I still remember two rooms.
Yep, pretty sure. I haven't stayed at all the suite types, but I've seen them when I asked them to show me the very high end ones.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Once, due to a very late arrival in Paris due to a greve [strike] we were upgraded to a lovely junior suite at the Royal Monceau. We checked in at 2 a.m. and were told we'd have to vacate at noon. We did manage to have a huge breakfast served in the living room and then, exactly at noon, the telephone rang! My favorite regular room is at The Little Nell in Aspen. There are two large, comfortable chairs by the fireplace, lots of comfortable, extra pillows, a balcony, a dressing room and beautiful bathroom, all in tumbled marble with wonderful Crabtree and Evelyn [and better] amenities and terrific bathtowels and mats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.